• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

1012uYV.png

That Devon Scope.

Busaiku

So what's the likelihood of improved Pokemon distribution?
Don't remember how Heart Gold handled it, but it's not like I played the original anyways.

So what's the likelihood of improved Pokemon distribution?
Don't remember how Heart Gold handled it, but it's not like I played the original anyways.
Well Hordes are back so they can sneak in some out of region pokemon in there. :)

HG/SS did the Hoenn/Sinnoh music station on the radio to attract pokemon from those regions and added a Safari Zone. Added new Headbutt trees as well.

But nothing as far as standard wild encounters were changed?
I don't think there were any wild encounter changes. Only 5 Pokemon (Ambipom, Lickilicky, Tangrowth, Yanmega, and Mamoswine) were added to Johto's Pokedex in HG/SS.

It's probably the same for ORAS (Only adding evolutions/Baby Pokemon) judging by the Pokedex numbers revealed so far.

Caladrius

*slap*

You leave May alone, she's adorable!

She would look fine without the bow. It makes her look like she's 8.

Of course she's still miles ahead of what they inflicted on Brendan.

How do they go from the Emerald design (tied for my absolute favorite protag design) to that?

-Horizon-

yup. Thinking I might end up playing through as may. Not sure if I'll use her for the version I use for competitive though since I want to use the tag "Mr Fish." Decisions, decisions...
I always go with the gender I am (male) when playing these pokemon games even though I may like the girl's design more.
Though in this case, May makes a very convincing argument for me to go with her.

How do they go from the Emerald design (tied for my absolute favorite protag design) to that?
The bow is fine Cal, it makes her cute. Though I would've been fine if they kept her headband.

Brendan on the other hand...yeah, yeesh. Game Freak dun goofed there.

Why is Brendan tan but not May?

btw, will buy DLC to make his costume outfit his default one, just saying~

Caladrius

I always go with the gender I am (male) when playing these pokemon games even though I may like the girl's design more.
Though in this case, May makes a very convincing argument for me to go with her.

The bow is fine Cal, it makes her cute. Though I would've been fine if they kept her headband.

Brendan on the other hand...yeah, yeesh. Game Freak dun goofed there.

I always play as the males, this is the first time I'm probably going to be playing as the Girl in both versions

And bows are my fashion berserk button.

Why is Brendan tan but not May?

btw, will buy DLC to make his costume outfit his default one, just saying~

Because Boys always go outside more than girls.
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

And as would I.

-Horizon-

Hey I normally avoid doing trade talk on GAF but I am about to trade my VGC Heracross (one day event) and have a hard time putting value on it.

the current offer I am considering is a Movie 14 Victini +M17 Darkrai +1 Custom perfect HP Ice Combee (with my provide parent), but I think it's still a bit low

some advice?

Dandalf

Neo Member
Has anyone been able to locally clone Pokemon since update 1.3 came out?

I updated both my X and Y games to version 1.3 and since have not been able to clone Pokemon (for breeding purposes).

The method I'm referring to involves turning off one 3DS 5 seconds after the trade is completed, therefore overwriting a "trash" Pokemon in favor of one you would like cloned. I'm not doing anything with USB sticks or save editing so that's off the table.

I Masuda Method hatch for shinies and in the interest of saving time, as soon as I have a 6IV parent I clone the Pokemon and hatch on two 3DSs.

Can anyone 100% confirm that they've cloned using this method since the 1.3 update came out? If so, are your power off times different? If anyone has legit proof they've done it (with video or some other way) I'd love to know.

I've seen a few people saying "yeah, I can still do it" without any actual proof it's still possible.

I spent about three hours last night trying to clone a Pinsir and was unable to, and I can typically clone successfully within 2 or 3 tries. I'm just confirming it's still possible in version 1.3.

Top Bottom