• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

-Horizon-

-Horizon-, please stop corrupting our members.

tumblr_n8g8e0HBuJ1td362fo1_500.gif

lupinko

Does XD hate Female Timid Eevees or what?

I've been trying to reset for some days now and the best I got was a female Modest. The only timid was a male. I'm not even going shiny here, I just want to rock EspyJump Espeon for this playthrough.

I just want Psycho Boost Lugia and Baton Pass Zapdos. Lol

Does XD hate Female Timid Eevees or what?

I've been trying to reset for some days now and the best I got was a female Modest. The only timid was a male. I'm not even going shiny here, I just want to rock EspyJump Espeon for this playthrough.

I just want Psycho Boost Lugia and Baton Pass Zapdos. Lol

What Gen is that I can probably get an emulator RNG one if you're interested.

Actually I want to play through the game and catch it myself. If I wanted to do Hax then I'd just get a cheat device for Gen 5 and use pokegen. And I'd rather do the former.

) o.k but it's not really hacking it's more of a grey area, anyway if you don't mind i'll try finding someone that does RNG on a DS.

EDIT:and just to be clear I am offering it for free, but I might partake in your next giveaway again :)

Vylash

So what's the likelihood of improved Pokemon distribution?
Don't remember how Heart Gold handled it, but it's not like I played the original anyways.

that's the main thing i hope they improve, R/S/E had absolutely horrible distribution and it made it a complete drag to play

the more I look at this screenshots the more I realize that the pallet for this game is fantastic. Bright colors, but it doesn't look ridiculous. Very good art assets all over.

I think I managed to end up in a dream with this forum involved, along with Pokémon talk. Don't know exactly what happened, but after the "fact" I got a tag in my dream...that wasn't flattering at all. It's the opposite, in fact.

MarkusRJR

Is there any way to buy the dub of Pokémon Origins on DVD or bluray? I can only find iTunes, but I use Xbox Video for digital movies/TV and don't want to deal with another digital service to keep track of. Plus, I love physical movies/TV.

lupinko

I'm going to SR one Diancie code that Gridlock graciously provided. This will be for anyone who missed out on getting a code. Priority for those who don't have access to Diancie in their region.

If you miss out I'll provide consolation prizes, 1 Wishmaker Jirachi, and 1 Ageto Celebi.

Edit: I have it right now as Modest with 30–31 HP; 6–7/16–17 Physical; 31/30–31 Special; 8–9 Speed, I'll leave the game on sleep for a consensus.

Regiruler

I'm going to SR one Diancie code that Gridlock graciously provided. This will be for anyone who missed out on getting a code. Priority for those who don't have access to Diancie in their region.

If you miss out I'll provide consolation prizes, 1 Wishmaker Jirachi, and 1 Ageto Celebi.

Edit: I have it right now as Modest with 30–31 HP; 6–7/16–17 Physical; 31/30–31 Special; 8–9 Speed, I'll leave the game on sleep for a consensus.

What is SR?

Also, any particular reason the physical and special ATK/DEF have the same IVs (I'm assuming this because you grouped them together)? Really dumb luck, some RNG trick, or simply how the event was programmed?

Vylash

Do you think it's possible that they fudged the catch rates? (Legendary Pokémon that weren't box legendary Pokémon felt so easy to catch in X and Y.)

X/Y felt like a very intentional effort to make everything easier, so i don't think it was an accident

What is SR?

Also, any particular reason the physical and special ATK/DEF have the same IVs (I'm assuming this because you grouped them together)? Really dumb luck, some RNG trick, or simply how the event was programmed?

I'm not 100% sure buy I think that SR = Soft Reset meaning that he/she kept resetting every time she/he didn't get a decent Diancie. The stats are his/hers estimate but has 3 IV's in HP, Defense, and SP.Defense. which is good (I think) for a Diancie.

I could be completely off base and blowing smoke out my ass. Take my break down with a grain of salt.

Edit: BAH!! I know nothing! After looking at the post again looks like the physical defense is low and SP. Atrack is higher with SP. Defense high too.

I need a IV whisperer.

Hey pokegaf, a question:

How do the retail serial code downloads work? Do you have to ask a staff member for it, or do you connect via in game like with mystery gift?

Thanks!

So it's 31/6-7/16-17/31/31/8-9?

I don't think that's a good one man, that speed is gonna get it murdered.

lupinko

So it's 31/6-7/16-17/31/31/8-9?

I don't think that's a good one man, that speed is gonna get it murdered.

Diancie is slow to begin with, it's only bad if you are going to do Mega Diancie.

Current one is.

Careful +SpD -SpA
10–11 HP; 10–11/31 Physical; 20–21/30–31 Special; 30–31 Speed

31 Def 31 SpD 31 Spe

Makes a good defensive wall.

Remember this isn't for me, and is a giveaway Diancie, so I'm already crazy by SRing it a lot.

Edit: This is the Diancie that will be up for grabs!

Due to another gracious Gaffer, there will be a second Diancie to be given away! Beneficial nature not decided yet. Also available as well is a Halloween Shiny Timid Gengar.

Diancie is slow to begin with, it's only bad if you are going to do Mega Diancie.

Current one is.

Careful +SpD -SpA
10–11 HP; 10–11/31 Physical; 20–21/30–31 Special; 30–31 Speed

31 Def 31 SpD 31 Spe

Makes a good defensive wall.

Remember this isn't for me, and is a giveaway Diancie, so I'm already crazy by SRing it a lot.

Oh, I missed that part. My bads.

lupinko

Cross post but this post will be updated going forward.

Legendary And Event Giveaway

Not to be confused with my legendary swap meet.

Note: There's a trade ban right now for NA Diancies over Wifi, so you'll have to wait until that is lifted.

Note 2: Priority goes to those who didn't have Diancie and Shiny Gengar distribution.

Diancie
Bold 31IVs in HP Def SpD - claimed by onslack
Careful 31IVs in Def SpD Spe - waiting on confirmation from Zeroth

Shiny Gengar
Timid - claimed by linkman26

Unlike the two event pokemon, the next batch I'm just giving away since I have better and not bogus ones now that I caught myself.

Pokemon I know that are legit that I brought up from a used SoulSilver I bought off Craigslist:

Groudon (Johto) Sassy
Kyogre (Hoenn) Rash

Pokemon I randomly got off GTS, no way to say they are hacked or cloned but given the natures probably not either:

Registeel Quirky
Regirock Bashful
Regice Quirky
Rayquaza Hardy

Shiny Pokemon I got from trades, knowing how RNG works in Gen 3, I know one is likely edited, one is blatantly hacked, and the other is unlikely to be hacked given the nature. I don't know if the unlikely one is uncloned.

Regirock (Hoenn) Impish 6IV
Lugia (Hoenn) Modest 6IV
Rayquaza (Hoenn) Brave 31IV SpD

braves01

Banned
Is there a good breakdown of the version differences for ORAS?

I got the dual pack on preorder, but I'm thinking about just getting one digital at launch and then maybe the other physical later on depending on how different they are. X/Y were virtually identical, so I kinda regret getting both of those.

edit: I've got an extra ORAS demo code too. I'd love one of these distribution Pokemon I missed in exchange for it, but if you really want the code and can't/don't want to trade for it, just PM me and it's yours.

brinstar

Is there a good breakdown of the version differences for ORAS?

I got the dual pack on preorder, but I'm thinking about just getting one digital at launch and then maybe the other physical later on depending on how different they are. X/Y were virtually identical, so I kinda regret getting both of those.

Did you play the original Ruby/Sapphire? I can't imagine it'll be much different than the case there, where the main difference was the enemy team you face. I *think* the two enemy teams might have different dialogue but you're really not missing much. You're meant to just pick one version.

Busaiku

Omega Ruby has Team Magma and Alpha Sapphire has Team Aqua.
Probably the biggest differences between the 2 versions in the franchise.

braves01

Banned
I think braves01 is just asking the differences between the games now.

Exactly. I never played R/S back in the day, so I'm not familiar with the differences from those games.

I know there will be some Pokemon only available in one or the other, but the different legendaries are the only ones that really matter to me. As for the different teams, my question would be do they have different bases, or is there a different order in which the plots unfolds, or something like that? X/Y were practically the same, but I'd consider getting both even if the only difference is some meaningful variation in post-game or optional content.

spiritfox

If it's based on R/S, then the only difference is the team you are fighting. The bases and caves are exactly the same. Emerald did give different bases to the 2 teams, so they might follow that. But we do not know for sure.

Stardust_Comet

Neo Member
Exactly. I never played R/S back in the day, so I'm not familiar with the differences from those games.

I know there will be some Pokemon only available in one or the other, but the different legendaries are the only ones that really matter to me. As for the different teams, my question would be do they have different bases, or is there a different order in which the plots unfolds, or something like that? X/Y were practically the same, but I'd consider getting both even if the only difference is some meaningful variation in post-game or optional content.

I can safely say it will not be so much of a difference that it's going to make you feel that you NEED to have both games. R/S originally only had the difference of which team you faced, with there being silently different dialogue. But you always met them at the same plot places, and same base. In E, you got to face off against both teams, and thus they got different bases, but otherwise you still met them up at the same places determined by the plot previously.

There may be a few changes to further the differences the remakes, but it won't be enough that you'll feel it'll justify getting both games if you had no intention on doing so before.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So uh... plushies of Braixen, Frogadier, and Goomy, all referred specifically as "as appeared in anime" came out.

So uh... plushies of Braixen, Frogadier, and Goomy, all referred specifically as "as appeared in anime" came out.

OMG, SOMEONE CATCHES A GOOMY

Well there is a Goomy episode coming in next year and Goomy is pretty popular.

Also I guess good that we have some evolving starters. Though pretty surprised Serena's evolved and not Clemont. Then again, Serena's battles more.

Boss Doggie

OMG, SOMEONE CATCHES A GOOMY

Well there is a Goomy episode coming in next year and Goomy is pretty popular.

Also I guess good that we have some evolving starters. Though pretty surprised Serena's evolved and not Clemont. Then again, Serena's battles more.
Someone was too busy living in the future and forgot that Goomy hasn't appeared in the anime yet?

No see, one would simply not make a plushie based on the anime toyline of a Pokemon that isn't part of the main cast or an important recurring character.

And they've done this stuff before. Recently there's a plushie labeled Serena's Pancham months before its debut.

As for Chespin, sadly as much as I want to see Chesnaught, Chespin is XY's titular "joke mon" who will not evolve at all (started in DP by Piplup, followed by Oshawott). They will not evolve.

But then again this is the director who has done, as /vp/ says, "break the status quo".

Boss Doggie

With that said the Braixen could be from Ellie's, who is a recurring side character (the Kalos Queen) and has a Braixen as her performing partner. Goomy could be like that too.

With that said the Braixen could be from Ellie's, who is a recurring side character (the Kalos Queen) and has a Braixen as her performing partner. Goomy could be like that too.

Yeah that's what I thought, though Goomy hasn't been owned by someone yet so most signs are pointing towards a capture.

Ash and Serena should trade Halucha and Pancham.
Halucha would make more sense for Serena.

Not really. Pancham wants to preform. It's not like Serena just caught a random one.

Top Bottom