• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

I really like this design.
zinnia.png
Episode Delta sounds fuckin awesome.

CrimsonN0

Hmm, totally forgot about the Diancie thing.
I probably won't be near a Gamestop the next few days either...
Anyone have some extra Diancie codes?

Stardust_Comet

Neo Member
There's a meme in /vp/ right now involving "Based Directior" (new director for XY) blowing the status quo the fuck off (stuff like Lucario actually losing in a fight, water starter evolving, etc.)

Who knows, maybe Ash wins now.

Lucario lost a fight?!

Okay, well, I knew those Lucario would have to lose in those gym fights, since Ash has to move on to the league. But if they lose any battle outside of that, that's just fucking amazeballs right there.

Also, holy crap. I never noticed that the water starter has never been allowed to evolve. I've always only paid attention to the fact that the fire starter will always be allowed to evolve (and get to their final evolution for at least the first four gens. Didn't see BW so I don't know if Pignite evolved into Emboar). But damn, those water starters get it rough in the anime.

If Ash does win, it will probably convince me to go back and watch the anime, instead of just watching some clips to see what people were complaining about.

harmonize

We've already seen a Lucario lose a match in the anime, Maylene's against Paul's Magmar. And one of Ash's water starters evolving isn't exactly some paradigm-shifting event, more due to Froakie's final evo being the most marketable Pokemon of the nine starter stages so of course they'd go for what sells.

Ash might as well start preparing for that L he's taking at the league, it'll look nice on his dresser next to the rest of them and the trophies for winning competitions that nobody cares about.

also kill la kill lite looks interesting, hopefully she shows up in the show at some point

Ezalc

We've already seen a Lucario lose a match in the anime, Maylene's against Paul's Magmar. And one of Ash's water starters evolving isn't exactly some paradigm-shifting event, more due to Froakie's final evo being the most marketable Pokemon of the nine starter stages so of course they'd go for what sells.

Ash might as well start preparing for that L he's taking at the league, it'll look nice on his dresser next to the rest of them and the trophies for winning competitions that nobody cares about.

also kill la kill lite looks interesting, hopefully she shows up in the show at some point

I'm torn between wanting that one day his Totodile becomes a Feraligatr since it's awesome and wanting it to stay a Totodile so it can dance forever.

Also, excuse the begging but does anybody have a spare diancie code?

Actually Ash getting a Greninja wouldn't be all that weird since it could be cross promotion as Geninja's in Smash.

Of course I look forward to when the writers cram Charizard back into his team.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

You misinterpret.

Lucario lost to Ash. Ash never won against a Lucario - at most it is a draw. That gym battle with Lucario in DP? Hah, it was a draw!

And while it's not a milestone, a starter water pokemon evolving is still nice just to break the "water starter never evolves" curse.

Also it seems unlike other champs, Diantha's advertised a lot in the anime in a way that Ash challenges her. So there's also that.

Some bunch of shenanigans happened in /vp/ too like people talking about a mirror universe, then suddenly an episode summary of it came to be.

Anyway latest ep is filler, but holy shit it was hilarious

b8d.gif

87f.gif

cbc.gif

harmonize

Ash has got to get Mega Charizard Y so it can either win or lose against Alain's Mega Charizard X, Alain not having met Ash yet and being on a quest to beat every mega evolution is foreshadowing it fairly well.

Boss Doggie

Also this is the first time I see a Pokemon wanted another Pokemon to be removed from the gang.

Chespin is such an asshole.

You have other characters?

And err Pokemon... Right... Where's my Mega Flygon Game Freak.

Mega Flygon was Zhaitan all along

EDIT:

oY8uWFY.png

dat ninja reminds me of someone

Uk4lhOQ.jpg

Stardust_Comet

Neo Member
Thinking about these mega evolutions appearing in the anime, that has to be encouraging the animators team to want to evolve more of Ash's pokemon.

Harder to market the megas if Ash doesn't eventually get them, after all.

Boss Doggie

Thinking about these mega evolutions appearing in the anime, that has to be encouraging the animators team to want to evolve more of Ash's pokemon.

Harder to market the megas if Ash doesn't eventually get them, after all.

Most of them actually end up as Ash's opponents. Depending on how the anime handles it, Ash could have his own (he has plenty of mons capable of mega evolving) or he could become the legendary Mega Destroyer.

Busaiku

So is this the first Charizard vs Pikachu distribution event?
Either a shiny Mega Charizard Y or a shiny Pikachu.

Finally, it's time for Charizard to be knocked down a peg.

Busaiku

I still don't get these Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill comparisons.
So they're in space and she has a cloak, those aren't the only series with those...

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Top Bottom