• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Anyone check the official facebook of Pokemon? Kinda hilarious with their "Have you met this new Pokemon" posts like this...

Meet Talonflame! An evolved form of Fletchling, this Fire- and Flying-type Pokémon gains a whole new level of speed and firepower. Flames actually pour from its body as it flies through the air. How cool is that? Will you be adding Talonflame to your Pokémon X and Pokémon Y party?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Anyone remember blue sky? It's a blog that was pretty notable during the pre-release Diamond and Pearl days for having a bunch of real and fake rumors on it...if I recall correctly, it's the blog where we first learned of the DP Starters via a dude who had a tour of Nintendo HQ.

It's where this infamous picture stemmed from:

qFfEchD.jpg

When all we knew were names and descriptions...probably due to its name "Naetle" and being described as Chikorita meets Trapinch, Turtwig was believed to be a beetle. Anyway, the dude was legit as we found out when the Starters were revealed and matches his description, more or less.

Well, anyway, they seem to be talking about "Orotto" from the CM that aired alongside the pre-screenings of Movie 16 and "Iguante", some Pokemon with relation to Helioptile:

http://raim2005.blog18.fc2.com/blog-entry-1034.html

Anyone wanna translate? Seems interesting.

JazzmanZ

The way I see it, if you ignore the narrator at the start of BW, then the whole dispute of Ash's age is rendered useless as that is the only time his age has been mentioned since the first episode.

There have been several mentions to a couple of years having passed, and the animators draw Ash much more maturely, and even have him act more mature (contrary to popular belief in the western Pokémon fandom)

Seriously, look how much he has changed. Goes clockwise: Original, AG, DP, BW then XY in the middle.

The only thing that skews it a bit is the change in Ash's eyes in BW to match the style they had been using for a while

that didn't stop him from pokedex'ing a koffing in that one BW episode, the one pokemon he's seen a million times in the kanto region, A KOFFING.

MikeMyers

that didn't stop him from pokedex'ing a koffing in that one BW episode, the one pokemon he's seen a million times in the kanto region, A KOFFING.

He's always been like that. I remember in Orange Islands he PokeDex'd a Gastly despite seeing them in Season 1.

Anyone remember blue sky? It's a blog that was pretty notable during the pre-release Diamond and Pearl days for having a bunch of real and fake rumors on it...if I recall correctly, it's the blog where we first learned of the DP Starters via a dude who had a tour of Nintendo HQ.

It's where this infamous picture stemmed from:

qFfEchD.jpg

When all we knew were names and descriptions...probably due to its name "Naetle" and being described as Chikorita meets Trapinch, Turtwig was believed to be a beetle. Anyway, the dude was legit as we found out when the Starters were revealed and matches his description, more or less.

Well, anyway, they seem to be talking about "Orotto" from the CM that aired alongside the pre-screenings of Movie 16 and "Iguante", some Pokemon with relation to Helioptile:

http://raim2005.blog18.fc2.com/blog-entry-1034.html

Anyone wanna translate? Seems interesting.

Google translate literally gave me gibberish, lol.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

He pokedex'd it for Iris iirc

In fact, he knows a lot of the old Pokemon. He mentions their name even prior to dexing them.

JoeM86

The use of the Pokédex in the anime is hit and miss. My rule is to only consider it as Ash checking it if he references his checking of it. In one recent episode, he scanned a Buizel and a Corphish. However, 98% of the time, he makes no reference to scanning it. It's just for the viewer who may not know the Pokémon.

Mariolee

So I'm trying to complete my Johto Pokedex in Heartgold and was wondering if anyone would want to help me with my trade of Poliwhirl (no King's Rock yet), Slowpoke (w/ King's Rock), and Seadra to evolve them, and then trade them back?

Reposting for new page.

zroid

Banned
dat gold Pokémon XL, OMG

if it weren't one of those dumb PKMN Center lottery limited editions (which I assume is the case), I would definitely import. As it stands though it'd probably cost like $500 to buy from a re-seller.

DaBoss

I like the blue one better. The gold one looks cluttered and doesn't have very good silhouettes. The simplistic look and the fact that Xerneas and Yveltal both can be seen clearly makes the blue one better for me.

...That's very interesting. So all of the languages are in one cart?!

Yes. It is being localized and released simultaneously worldwide. It's a great idea.

Well, it is posted on July 4th, so it probably is the video. *suppresses hype*

Though I'm fine with getting the battle themes, considering there's even more info coming next Saturday :)

Though I'm fine with getting the battle themes, considering there's even more info coming next Saturday :)
I have my doubts that the Pokémon twitter would have hyped up a slightlyadded version of the Direct segment, but I think you're right not to expect massive new info.

What is the relevance of the 08.10 date in the Japanese trailer? They better not be getting it first.

DaBoss

I have my doubts that the Pokémon twitter would have hyped up a slightlyadded version of the Direct segment, but I think you're right not to expect massive new info.

What is the relevance of the 08.10 date in the Japanese trailer? They better not be getting it first.

That's when the 3DS LL is releasing I think.

I have my doubts that the Pokémon twitter would have hyped up a slightly added version of the Direct segment, but I think you're right not to expect massive new info.

Preorder date for XL hotness - don't worry ;)

JoeM86

Not likely.

1. Masuda, and the official western sites, said that Masuda himself recorded a video
2. This trailer is 90% old footage. Japan just didn't have so many videos during E3 week. They had the first and then that's it.

The video they have been teasing will be something different

Refyref

That new trailer is so cool. Also battle music!

It also proves my point that the MC names are Xavier and Yvonne, and that the other names are only canon when you don't select that character.

That new trailer is so cool. Also battle music!

It also proves my point that the MC names are Xavier and Yvonne, and that the other names are only canon when you don't select that character.

Hilbert and Hilda's names were given as Blair and Whitlea in demos and videos right up until the launch of Black and White. They were placeholder names, much like Xavier and Yvonne.

Top Bottom