• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

I like this new Pokemon a lot. It reminds me of Golurk; isn't the idea behind Golurk that a ghost possessed a statue? This new Pokemon will be very similar; only Ghost/Steel as opposed to Ghost/Ground. :]

I can see it now...there'll be a haunted castle level in the game; and you level up this sword by leveling it up next to a big suit of armor and ZVARRI! ...a suit of armor holding the sword evolution.

Really hyped for X and Y. This new generation of Pokemon will be the best yet~!

To my fellow Americans, happy Independence Day!
1396.jpg
lol

Anyways, that sword Pokemon looks hype as hell, I think I might use him!

Macka

I like this new Pokemon a lot. It reminds me of Golurk; isn't the idea behind Golurk that a ghost possessed a statue? This new Pokemon will be very similar; only Ghost/Steel as opposed to Ghost/Ground. :]
Nah, Golurk is a man-made Pokemon.
Golurk was created to protect people and Pokémon. If the bandage-like seal on its chest is removed, its power will run wild and it will Fly uncontrollably without being able to land or stop itself.
It is said that Golurk were ordered to protect people and Pokémon by the ancient people who made them.
These Pokémon are thought to have been created by the science of an ancient and mysterious civilization.
Ancient science fashioned this Pokémon from clay. It's been active for thousands of years.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
No he is Getter Robo except made of clay and the ghost material powering it is called Getter Rays!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I hope there's more... but then I have a feeling that's it for this month. I expect Clauncher + Skrelp + Hitotsuke + enemy team in this month's issue

Vancha

Anyone been following Pokémon Generations so far? It is a 3D Pokémon game in development by a few indie developers and they bring updates bi-weekly. In the end they want to bring generations one and two plus an original story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Me6d3QmL0Q

I started playing it and it has allot of potential, still rough around the edges but with the willpower and some help this might become very big.

Indeed.

X/Y blackout tends to make me avoid these threads. :(

Sometimes I doubt media blackouts work when there's so many chances that you get spoiled.

I don't go on a media blackout because I want to be as informed as any other.

I guess sometimes having a media blackout has its advantages.

Vancha

Oh, come now. It looks nice, and the lack of Gen III+ Pokémon is more of a bummer than a dealbreaker.

The only thing to hate about it for now is perhaps the clunkiness of the game. But it is still a very rough build and I really stand behind the development of such a game.

Do love the fact that you are actually controlling the pokemon in battles.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Glad they're focusing on the superior gens.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
We'll probably know some of them, but nowhere near every single one. For example, IIRC, we knew that Reuniclus and Gothitelle were exclusive to White and Black respectively before launch, but we didn't know about say, Braviary and Mandibuzz being exclusives.

Typically, prior to launch of the game, we get informed of just a handful of version exclusive features, and that's all. The bulk isn't known until launch

We'll know bits and pieces of the full picture, but chances are that there'll be unrevealed Pokemon that are version exclusive.

Thank you!

iirate

New to the thread, hey everyone!

Starting a run through of each post-Gen 3 game in generational order(so Fire Red, then Heart Gold, then Emerald, Platinum, Black, Black 2) right now! Let's see how far I get before burning myself out XD

Starting a run through of each post-Gen 3 game in generational order(so Fire Red, then Heart Gold, then Emerald, Platinum, Black, Black 2) right now! Let's see how far I get before burning myself out XD
I would say go through them on a 'light' level - go for the experience of the story rather than 'completeness', and you'll make it through safely in time for XY.

Also hey :)

Alchemy

I'm doing Nuzlockes of all these games in the same order. Up to 8 badges in Leaf Green so far, hoping to finish it tomorrow.

Have fun! I'd suggest that you just play at your own pace and consider story completion as complete (which means once the game runs out of story post-game, move to the next game.) You'll be able to keep things fresh.

For added challenge, don't carry over Pokémon from one game to another.

iirate

I would say go through them on a 'light' level - go for the experience of the story rather than 'completeness', and you'll make it through safely in time for XY.

Also hey :)

Have fun! I'd suggest that you just play at your own pace and consider story completion as complete (which means once the game runs out of story post-game, move to the next game.) You'll be able to keep things fresh.

For added challenge, don't carry over Pokémon from one game to another.

Yep, that's pretty much exactly how I'm handling it! Gonna play for completion, not rush things too much, then go back afterwards and work towards completing the post-games at my leisure as well.

Brock is down and I'm leaving Pewter. I brought a Mankey to the fight just in case, but Charmander's metal claw handled things just fine. As I normally do with these runs, I'm trying to use pokemon that I haven't used much in the past. Might do an all water party for Emerald, as there's so much water poke variety early on in that game and I never finished my water single type game last time I tried.

EDIT: Just found out what a Nuzlocke challenge is! Sounds pretty cool, may try that on my Black 2 run or something, as I haven't actually played that one at all yet...

udivision

That fangame has some promise but I hope they add some Pokemon from Gen 4 too.

Admittedly, what Pokemon they add is just the icing on the cake. What mechanics and features they add/tweak will be the real meat.

Not to be completely random, but does such a thing as a pkmn fan comic series exist?

Admittedly, what Pokemon they add is just the icing on the cake. What mechanics and features they add/tweak will be the real meat.

Not to be completely random, but does such a thing as a pkmn fan comic series exist?

Yes I so want them to fine tune the battle system and perhaps make the Pokemon react more naturally.

Top Bottom