• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

L.O.R.D

V7KoTUo.png

lool

L.O.R.D

I didn't know we could already edit ROMs, last I heard it was just reading off the memory. Though I suppose one follows pretty naturally from the other.

you can
they just released a tool to edit any game
there is also some Chinese team that already localized monster hunter 4G
and they are working on other games

Avixph

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Okay, I'm gonna try Nintendo's online shop. I will buy ORAS through it.

EDIT: Looks like you can't use your eShop funds. That's a half-step Ninty!

Hollycat

Dont suppose anyone is willing to trade a meloetta for a shiny dragonair? (pokemon white 2)

I finally get gen 6 in two days. can't wait.

yami4ct

If there really is no BF in ORAS, what was woth that CD saying "Combat! Battle Frontier!" then?

Edit: Can't find it anymore :(

I believe Serebii i(or maybe someone else. Sorry if I misplaced this) said that track was from a compilation album of all pokemon games, not specifically OR/AS. That's a good explanation for why that would be on there.

As for BF not being in the game, I can't say I'm too surprised. If they have some other decent post-game content, I'm still cool. Episode Delta is an amazing start. Given that GF is a relatively small team and they still don't seem to have a full handle on working in 3D, asking them to do all of Hoenn and a huge BF would probably lead to BF not being given the love it should get. I'm really hoping that in the inevitable X2/Y2, that the fact they're going to be reusing a lot of assets anyway will mean they can give us an amazing Battle Frontier or something else huge and awesome to replace it.

I believe Serebii i(or maybe someone else. Sorry if I misplaced this) said that track was from a compilation album of all pokemon games, not specifically OR/AS. That's a good explanation for why that would be on there.

As for BF not being in the game, I can't say I'm too surprised. If they have some other decent post-game content, I'm still cool. Episode Delta is an amazing start. Given that GF is a relatively small team and they still don't seem to have a full handle on working in 3D, asking them to do all of Hoenn and a huge BF would probably lead to BF not being given the love it should get. I'm really hoping that in the inevitable X2/Y2, that the fact they're going to be reusing a lot of assets anyway will mean they can give us an amazing Battle Frontier or something else huge and awesome to replace it.

just please for the love of all that is holy remove Team Flare from existence
hell replace them with Team Rocket, atleast Giovanni was cool and not insane like Lysandre

just please for the love of all that is holy remove Team Flare from existence
hell replace them with Team Rocket, atleast Giovanni was cool and not insane like Lysandre

Lysandre's insanity was what made him interesting though. He was basically Poke-Stalin, whereas Giovanni (with the exception of his super-slick Origins iteration) is just a money-grubbing thug.

Lysandre's insanity was what made him interesting though. He was basically Poke-Stalin, whereas Giovanni (with the exception of his super-slick Origins iteration) is just a money-grubbing thug.

I don't really care for Lysandre's characterization because he kept complaining about how rotten and evil humanity was but every bad thing that happened in XY was because of his team of thugs. You need nuance to make that type of villain not seem stupid.

-Horizon-

I'm still surprised by the possible lack of Battle Frontier. I mean in HG/SS they integrated the stuff from Crystal. Don't understand why they wouldn't do so here with Emerald :/

Team Flare was kinda bland since their whole evil plan was what exactly? Be fabulous? Be rich?

Also, I still think it's early to rule out no Battle Frontier since none of the leakers (I know so far) have gotten to postgame yet. And Nintendo has ninjas and some silly strict embargo rules where they are only allowed to say certain things in the pre-release reviews.

Team Flare was kinda bland since their whole evil plan was what exactly? Be fabulous? Be rich?

Also, I still think it's early to rule out no Battle Frontier since none of the leakers (I know so far) have gotten to postgame yet. And Nintendo has ninjas and some silly strict embargo rules where they are only allowed to say certain things in the pre-release reviews.

Mexican man will be the first as hes currently 1/2 way through the badges
4 more,E4,and then well know everything(unless BF isnt until Delta is over)

Caladrius

I feel like the odd one out as somebody who doesn't enjoy the battle facilities. I like the designs for the frontier brains (Lucy, Tucker, Thornton and Dahlia, at least), and the idea of endless random opponents is interesting, but I don't like the execution because it's so damned tedious to do anything worthwhile.

Team Flare was kinda bland since their whole evil plan was what exactly? Be fabulous? Be rich?.

Human extermination in X and restart humanity as its stewards (like SMT's Millenial Kingdom) for Y, if I'm not scrambled.

Why the motives are different I haven't the foggiest.

Firestorm

I just got my Eon Ticket! Apparently I can redeem and start distributing on the 26th.
Hello, Pokémon Organizer!

In this email, you’ll find a unique Eon Ticket code that enables you to revisit Southern Island in your game and catch the Legendary Pokémon Latias in Pokémon Omega Ruby, or Latios in Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. Because of your support of the Play! Pokémon program and involvement in your local Pokémon community, you are among the first in the world to receive this code. Please note that the Eon Ticket code cannot be redeemed until November 26, 2014.

I feel like the odd one out as somebody who doesn't enjoy the battle facilities. I like the designs for the frontier brains (Lucy, Tucker, Thornton and Dahlia, at least), and the idea of endless random opponents is interesting, but I don't like the execution because it's so damned tedious to do anything worthwhile.

I really enjoyed Emerald's Battle Factory though. Here's a bunch of Pokemon that's already pre-set and have at it. Definitely wish some version of it comes back in another Pokemon game.

Human extermination in X and restart humanity as its stewards (like SMT's Millenial Kingdom) for Y, if I'm not scrambled.

Why the motives are different I haven't the foggiest.

That felt more like Lysandre and his scientists gang's motive. All the grunts were basically screw the rules, we have money?

At least the others groups everyone had some sort of goal, power, land, sea, galaxies...

yami4ct

I just got my Eon Ticket! Apparently I can redeem and start distributing on the 26th.

Are you going to be able to use the HomePass stuff to get that to other Gafers who won't be able to meet people in the real world that use that? I need the Eon ticket. I have an unreasonable amount of nostalgia for that event, hahaha.

Firestorm

Are you going to be able to use the HomePass stuff to get that to other Gafers who won't be able to meet people in the real world that use that? I need the Eon ticket. I have an unreasonable amount of nostalgia for that event, hahaha.
Don't know what that is and I personally wouldn't want to as I want more events like this that encourage people to find nearby Leagues and tournaments :p Where do you live? Though they aren't everywhere, Leagues are fairly far spread!

From what one of the reviewers mentioned, yes, they basically hand one to you midway. And yes, destroys all sense of difficulty :p

That's disappointing but at least there won't be whining for tracking it down.
Judging by the pics you get it at Lv 30 with the mega stone and brace. What a powerhouse.

Caladrius

I really enjoyed Emerald's Battle Factory though. Here's a bunch of Pokemon that's already pre-set and have at it. Definitely wish some version of it comes back in another Pokemon game.

That felt more like Lysandre and his scientists gang's motive. All the grunts were basically screw the rules, we have money?

At least the others groups everyone had some sort of goal, power, land, sea, galaxies...

Battle factory is one of the better ones. The only thing that really irked me about that one is that the usability of pokemon varies wildly and having enough bad picks can fuck you over. If most of the pokemon were nearly equal in terms of viability I'd really like it.

To be fair, both
Galactic
and
Plasma
had leaders that were just using the rest of them as pawns for their own insane plans (
destruction of reality and Poke-dic(k)tator
, for the sake of the potentially uninformed reading this). That said, I do agree that the Flare grunts weren't very well-characterized/motivated, though that's a problem with the game's writing at large.

Wait so
Latias/Latios don't roam, they just join you?

From what one of the reviewers mentioned, yes, they basically hand one to you midway. And yes, destroys all sense of difficulty :p

...I have no words.

Regiruler

ORAS is sounding synonymous with game freak bullshit right about now. I'm surpised they refrained from dumbing down the Regi puzzles as far as I can tell.

Speaking of which does Regigigas get his own area?

spiritfox

Huh? Other than the Lati@s thing and the (maybe) lack of Battle Frontier it's on par with the other remakes. I don't really see anything to get up in arms about.

yami4ct

Don't know what that is and I personally wouldn't want to as I want more events like this that encourage people to find nearby Leagues and tournaments :p Where do you live? Though they aren't everywhere, Leagues are fairly far spread!

I looked online. There isn't a league within like 300 miles of me. Needless to say, I have zero chance at getting an Eon Ticket the normal way.

As for events like this, I don't mind them except in this one case. The Eon Ticket is kind of a major thing to lock up behind a street pass gate, especially since vast portions of this country will have zero chance if they don't use HomePass. I guess no item is going to make people happy, but I'd much rather they encourage league participation through an exclusive shiny or something. Most people would hate that even more, but locking in game content behind such a wall is silly, even if GF does it all the time.

The Eon Ticket also has a particularly strong nostalgia for me, so that one makes me especially bitter.

Firestorm

Even if not it will be interesting to see the spread. Maybe a Regional Championship (Portland, St Louis area, SoCal, Orlando area, Virginia) is somewhat close or someone going to one will bring it to your hometown? I do agree that shiny distributions would probably be a better way to promote these type of local events like they are used to promote retail partners.

yami4ct

The Twitter leaker just posted that he can't trade Glalitite to XY.
Link in email tag.

Is anyone surprised? I thought that was basically confirmed by GF a while ago.
Only ones that might have a chance are Latios/Latias-ite as those models are already in XY.

Even if not it will be interesting to see the spread. Maybe a Regional Championship (Portland, St Louis area, SoCal, Orlando area, Virginia) is somewhat close or someone going to one will bring it to your hometown? I do agree that shiny distributions would probably be a better way to promote these type of local events like they are used to promote retail partners.

Yeah, that stuff is just not happening for me. Over here in Michigan, we don't ever really get anything like that close. Occasionally something is in Indianapolis and I can drive. Even if it was, wouldn't be worth it just for the ET. As for someone in my town, I actually don't get any Street Passes in the small town I'm at most of the time. I get a few every once in a while at college, but it's like 1/10 Pokemon players and the chances of those having Eon Ticket are as close to zero as possible.

Honestly, this is something that works for Japan, but it's just not feasible for the US. Luckily HomePass relay stuff exists and someone will setup some relays just for Eon Ticket as soon as it starts hitting I suspect. I like the idea, but reality just defeats the entire purpose. A special shiny, as I said, would make way more sense for both sides. The Street Pass distribution kind of guarantees local leagues won't see as large a benefit as they could and it locks people who don't have events in their areas out of actual content. All this before you take into account that Street Pass has already been broken wide open and people will just distribute it online anyway.

Regiruler

Huh? Other than the Lati@s thing and the (maybe) lack of Battle Frontier it's on par with the other remakes. I don't really see anything to get up in arms about.

Apparently there was a noticeable reduction in difficulty, and people have stated it's even easier than XY.

Apparently there was a noticeable reduction in difficulty, and people have stated it's even easier than XY.

When was Pokemon EVER challenging? I remember soloing G/S/C with a Feraligatr that had 3 water moves.

Turn off Exp Share, box the Lati@s, don't use Megas and keep grinding to a minimum. There's your challenge if you want it so badly.

Keyouta

When was Pokemon EVER challenging? I remember soloing G/S/C with a Feraligatr that had 3 water moves.

Turn off Exp Share, box the Lati@s, don't use Megas and keep grinding to a minimum. There's your challenge if you want it so badly.
Why should I have to go out of my way to make the game harder? The game should be designed around those items. There really should just be a difficulty option.

Top Bottom