• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
It's relatively fast though compared to Sinnoh...Episode 68 was when they reached the 3rd Gym Battle. Of course, Sinnoh had a lot of continuity and plot movement, so that long gap was pretty eventful.

Replaying X, and I forgot how pretty some of the scenery in that game is. The controls are a bit annoying after coming from Alpha Sapphire, and having 'Organize Boxes' back down on third place in the PC is terrible, but I'm really having a good time.

Playing with some Pokémon I've never really used is cool, too. I really like Braixen's animations for special attacks. Sylveon is cool, too.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's relatively fast though compared to Sinnoh...Episode 68 was when they reached the 3rd Gym Battle. Of course, Sinnoh had a lot of continuity and plot movement, so that long gap was pretty eventful.

Lot of plot stuff did happen in XY tho. For instance there's the evil Malamar which is hilariously enough making a return this Christmas.

Because when I think of Christmas, I think of mindflayers building something that Dr. Octopus was doing in the Spider-Man 2 movie.

Boss Doggie

Goomy ep preview

Also today's episode was great. The evil Malamar are apparently alien (?) and they drive trucks. Oh and there are good Malamar. And even after foiling their plans they still got their way.

As much as unlikely it is, I would really want it if we get a villain who is actually a Pokemon acting on their own volition.

Also Serena
cuts her hair

So my fiancee does a lot of Wonder Trade (sending out Zorua). She got this today.

MqfYIjf.jpg

And it counts for the Time Travel Award.

Opened up a Sylveon plush today.

...So how do I avoid going into a spiral of buying more and more of these awesome things until my wallet explodes?

Regiruler

Most of my favorites (Regigigas, Aegislash, Bronzong, etc.) are in the more obscure side, and don't look very good as plush, so I think I'm safe.

God help me if they release a figure though.

Boss Doggie

Careful with what you say people, because I can twist that logic.

Oh for fuck's sake.

Except winning leagues =/= competence.

I mean, if it takes a couple of legendaries to actually stop Ash, I wouldn't even call him mediocre. And considering Digimon is more about taking care than actually battling, Ash can probably make Tai and Takato fucking WEEP by being lectured on how to raise mons well.

You know what, just for that comment, you just made me think Ash would make a lot better Digidestined than most of the "popular" cast from Digimon - that only Masaru and Taiki trump him.

This is random but for Xmas I got a Nintendo 3DS (good times) with Pokemon Y and Omega Ruby, just playing through Y now and have the charazardite Y mega stone but was wondering if anyone would trade it for the charazardite X

would be really grateful if anyone could?

Wichu

This is random but for Xmas I got a Nintendo 3DS (good times) with Pokemon Y and Omega Ruby, just playing through Y now and have the charazardite Y mega stone but was wondering if anyone would trade it for the charazardite X

would be really grateful if anyone could?

If you don't need it immediately, you can get Charizardite X in Omega Ruby.

Right, the Xerneas I just caught in X:

Rash nature, 28-29/31/18-19/31/28-29/31.

Gonna bank him over to AS to check, but I reckon those are some pretty great stats.

Now I just need my Adamant Zygarde.

An Adamant Groudon and Modest Yveltal would be cool, but I can't catch those. :( Will have to try and trade them.

denx

Is this a good thread to add people to my Nintendo Network ID friendlist and do trades? I just got a 3DSXL and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire last week, so I'd like to trade some Pokemon with people here, and maybe some legendaries in the future to complete the PokeDex.

Hilarious, that was actually included as a tip in Pokemon Stadium and nobody even realized that.

4hMA9ab.jpg
There are examples that go against that, like Psychic and Twineedle. Therefore there was no point in using that as a basis for making changes to an IRC bot because it was not 100% accurate to begin with.

Toxi

Banned
Huh, wonder why I never noticed the Body Slam thing.
It's something you wouldn't notice if you weren't looking for it; you'd just assume you're having bad luck when you don't paralyze something. It doesn't help that there have never been many RBY tournaments on cartridges.
Indeed. I didn't realise so many people didn't know this.
Most people assumed it was a completely wrong translation error, since there are plenty of moves with secondary effects that obviously still work against Pokemon of the same type (Psychic's stat lowering and Twinneedle's poison).

If you actually did know about Body Slam not paralyzing Normal types, you probably should have told people earlier. :p

Most people assumed it was a completely wrong translation error, since there are plenty of moves with secondary effects that obviously still work against Pokemon of the same type (Psychic's stat lowering and Twinneedle's poison).
Plot twist: It's pretty much a direct translation. :p

My Lanturn just solo'd two of the Kalos Elite 4. Really an underrated Pokémon.

I'd wager he gets destroyed competitively, though. No idea.

Also really grown attached to Sylveon, so much that I'm thinking of getting the one I'm currently raising in X over to my AS main team when I'm done.

Good thing I don't really care about competitive play, then. :lol I just enjoy the building aspect of breeding/training a perfect Pokémon.

Top Bottom