• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

45K52Lz.jpg

p8TP8OA.jpg

VjwG9Cl.jpg

tzwXPnM.jpg

TGMvfhS.jpg

bVQIfRC.jpg

J2DNwDT.jpg

S6heaIe.jpg

i9D0OC3.jpg

rgSyYJ2.png
rgSyYJ2.png
rgSyYJ2.png

celebi23

I've got a small request: might anyone be able to help me trade over a Charmander egg from my copy of X to my copy of Omega Ruby? Trying to finish up my Secret Base team :p Shoot me a PM if you can lend a hand. Thanks!

Yrael

Absolute best feeling

EDIT: How do you get a second master ball in ORAS? I traditionally use it on the box legend and don't feel like changing that, but I'll need one for regigigas since I'll be going for perfect.

Win the lottery, or have a Secret Base Pal find one for you.

Edit: Or get one as a prize via Global Link.

Caladrius

Why? If you read up on the development of them it's pretty obvious why they are the way they are.

I'm curious to see just how screwy the original Red and Green releases were, honestly. If what we got were more polished versions that says an awful lot.

Haha, yeah, maybe I shouldn't have spoken too early, but on the other hand, well, you usually don't see games this buggy make it anyway.

*Insert Assassin's Creed joke here.*

Anyway, Red and Green had a 5-year development cycle with a freshman development studio for a very limited console and had nearly a 1/4 of the monsters cut in the middle of development. I'm honestly surprised the game even came to the light of day, all that considered.

Just in case anyone's avoiding the ORAS OT...

shayminbanner.jpg

Giveaway page

To have a chance of winning a legit Shaymin, send me a PM where the subject is your trainer ID from XY or ORAS before 24 hours have passed since this post.

Rules and conditions are in the page I linked.

Nightbird

This looks like it's going to be an intresting and intense Batlle!

However:
I can already see how people are going to point at this Episode and take it as "proof" that Ash can't do shit. "Pikachu beated Mega-Lucario, how clould it struggle with Bunnelby! lulz!"

They will ignore that Clemont is a very, very, very skilled Trainer, in my Opinion even more than Ash.

Hegarol

I have some PAL Gengar and Diancie codes left. Anyone interesting in trading some non-NA/PAL Gen VI events for it? I am fine with clones, as long as the events were obtained legit.

Since Gen 1 meta game came up. Can we get some love for the GOAT Mixed Sweeper:
Spr_1y_053.png

This dude has nearly 100% crit rate with Slash, 70 base Att and 65 base SpAtt.
..but wait! There's more!

Persian has an awesome move pool including STAB such as Slash, Body Slam, Double Edge, and Hyper Beam, as well as GOAT coverage move Bubble Beam to deal with Rock and Ghost type pokemon. Give it Substitute, Rest, or Screech for support options and you have a wicked fast kitty that crits out the ass!

Azuran

Banned
Since Gen 1 meta game came up. Can we get some love for the GOAT Mixed Sweeper:
Spr_1y_053.png

This dude has nearly 100% crit rate with Slash, 70 base Att and 65 base SpAtt.
..but wait! There's more!

Persian has an awesome move pool including STAB such as Slash, Body Slam, Double Edge, and Hyper Beam, as well as GOAT coverage move Bubble Beam to deal with Rock and Ghost type pokemon. Give it Substitute, Rest, or Screech for support options and you have a wicked fast kitty that crits out the ass!

Tauros was just as good as Persian and had coverage for pretty much everything. Body Slam/Hyper Beam, Earthquake for Gengar, and Blizzard for those rock types. Only thing it lacked was Persian's insane crit rate.

How I wish average Pokemon like this could be awesome again.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Tauros was just as good as Persian and had coverage for pretty much everything. Body Slam/Hyper Beam, Earthquake for Gengar, and Blizzard for those rock types. Only thing it lacked was Persian's insane crit rate.

How I wish average Pokemon like this could be awesome again.

To be fair they were awesome because of the bugs.

I am not even slightly bothered by power discrepancies between the game and the show. Plot. :3 Even if it's barely there, it's a good idea to not follow game mechanics so strictly.

Top Bottom