• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

DaBoss

I think you guys mean Finneon and Lumineon. Heck, I just googled their names.

I never encountered them in Gen 4 (or I did, but forgot), so when I saw them in B2W2, I thought for a sec they were Gen 5 Pokemon I didn't encounter in BW even though I nearly filled up the regional dex in that.

Luvdisc has a memorable shape and has a pretty high encounter rate late game.

Dunsparce is known for being lame in the fandom. I also had this thought that it evolved to Gligar when I was a kid.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Also heart scales.

And even then the "most forgetable Pokemon" becomes notable due to that fact, so the irony is there.

DaBoss

It's hard for me to forget Stantler because it was one of the few Pokemon that appeared in that route below Ecruteak City which is the spot that Suicune, Entei, and Raikou appeared in the most. I hate Stantler.

brinstar

Dunsparce is memorable to me because it's doofy.

I agree that Finneon and Lumineon are the most forgettable. They're like... what's the point?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Finneon and Lumineon were literally the last two Pokemon I needed for the complete National Dex in Gen IV. Very forgettable pokemon.

Busaiku

X7AAFTX.gif

This is the canon evolution.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I actually found it to be one of the most effective starters I've ever used for ingame purposes.

Tepig is way better for in game. Great set of level up moves and Heat Crash is extremely powerful on most opponents considering how much its evolutions outweigh most of what you fight.

So you might remember a few years ago that world record for the worlds largest collection of Pokémon Memrobelia.

The BBC2 series Collectaholics will be showing that on Thrusday:
Jasmine Harman meets 26-year-old Lisa, who holds the world record for the largest collection of Pokemon memorabilia. Lisa now has more than 25,000 items in her collection. It's so big, her mum has had to give up her bedroom and move into the smallest room in the house. For Lisa, the collection has been the thing that has got her through a difficult time at school when she was severely bullied, and she dreams of moving to Japan, with her collection, to work for Pokemon. But has the collection she's amassed over the last 17 years, got any value?

Pre-post edit: "few years ago"? The record was in 2010...and it seems she had 16,000 items in 2014 so maybe the Collectaholics synopsis is incorrect.

I personally think remoraid is pretty forgettable.
A lot of gen 2 pokemon are pretty forgettable honestly.
Like...oh god I cant even remember its name....the base form of sentret.

steadfast

Never played a pokemon game before and wanted to see what the rumpus was about. I have a 3DS and was thinking about picking up Omega Ruby since it's a remake of an older game.

That the best way to start or should I go XY?

Thank you.

Never played a pokemon game before and wanted to see what the rumpus was about. I have a 3DS and was thinking about picking up Omega Ruby since it's a remake of an older game.

Thank you.
It honestly doesnt matter where you start,if you dont go DEEP into it like some people do into competitive battling
like me
its really just a pretty simple RPG with collecting aspect.

-Horizon-

Thank you.
That's a good place to start. You really can't go wrong with either one though.
But omega ruby is the newest one so just get that one.

Busaiku

I noticed that X/Y ratings have been up the past few weeks.
Probably Goodra related. After it's gone, I wonder if it'll take a hit again.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh so in the movie it seems
Hoopa U
and Hoopa are different.

I noticed that X/Y ratings have been up the past few weeks.
Probably Goodra related. After it's gone, I wonder if it'll take a hit again.
Eh ratings don't matter much anyway. I wonder why kids don't watch TV anymore.

Man, that gym battle was so boss.

It looked amazing, was super high tense, great tactics, the X/Y anime is doing no wrong.
Other than kicking off Goodra but even then I expect it'll probably be an amazing send off

Top Bottom