• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

CCcsOCbUkAANOLF.jpg:large

This is Hoopa.

Taking over Oak's segment.

It goes nishishishishishishi~

JoeM86

What the hell is a hoopa!?
I was absent for the entirety of x and y and just got back into ORAS

Hoopa is a Psychic/Ghost-type Pokémon. The second of three Mythicals in this generation.

Hoopa's "gimmick" is that it creates portals. The same portals you encounter legendaries with in ORAS.

Now, we've got an alternate form that builds on its backstory and unleashes Hoopa's Unbound power. It's Psychic/Dark

Both forms have got Magician as their ability.

Hoopa is also the only Pokémon to change Classification when forms change. The Mischief Pokémon for the base form, Hoopa Confined, and The Djinn Pokémon for Hoopa Unbound

lewisgone

Does anyone want a Shiny Charizard code? I just went to GAME and the cashier gave me four. Also got 2 of those collectors albums for some reason...and I was worried they'd have run out of stock.

I don't really want anything in return...although while I'm here, does anyone have a spare Shiny Suicune from the event they did a few years ago lying around? If anyone is feeling generous I'd love to get my hands on one if it's a legitimate event one. I don't have much to offer. I have a shiny Tranquil and Mienshao but that's it.

JoeM86

Haven't posted this on my site since I'm unsure how much it'll pertain to games. It's almost certain to be merchandise

Anyway, on March 23rd, Nintendo, Game Freak and Creatures Inc. filed for a trademark in Japan which got published on Saturday. This trademark is ポケでるガチャ PokéDeruGacha.

Almost certainly a Gachapon vending machine of some sort. We'll see soon.

Are we not getting a game this year then? Aren't they usually announced by now?

Not if my theory is legit, and all signs are pointing to it so far.

We'll see in the next two months. If we've heard nothing by this time June, then we're getting this year off. However, with Hoopa Unbound being the focal point of the movie, and existing in ORAS, all evidence points to no game.

Junahu

Half art nothing, Full art is where it's at.

Heck, let's just replace all the cards with holo-foils, and banish items to a separate "for-people-who-actually-want-to-play-the-game" set.

Man I really hate having to go through the battle maison just to get stuff I need, especially since it takes so long. Also hate how its the only way to get evolution items like razor fang.

Half art nothing, Full art is where it's at.

Heck, let's just replace all the cards with holo-foils, and banish items to a separate "for-people-who-actually-want-to-play-the-game" set.

Full art is awesome, but I think it fits perfectly where it is, as really rare cards. Half arts still fit the classic style of the cards but give you a lot more art.

Junahu

Full art is awesome, but I think it fits perfectly where it is, as really rare cards.
Yeah, I do agree. I probably wouldn't love the full art Articuno and Lysandre I have nearly as much if they were lowly uncommons. That feeling almost makes up for how prohibitively expensive they are, and how many ugly junk cards you usually get.

Bulbasaur

Banned
well I wasnt feeling Hoopa's design when I first saw it but that Mega / second form is amazing. Could be my favorite Legendary design EVER!

How does a non-Japanese person get one?

lupinko

Just to give CommunityPokeGAF a heads up doing a simple giveaway for four Shiny Deoxys, one of each forme in a preferable nature. Each will have good stats and will have a minimum of one perfect stat. I don't want to be there forever hence no crazy 4IV-5IVs since I'll be actually RNGing these on my Emerald carts.

OT: ヒナタ

And why?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Solana

Natures: Timid, Naive, Calm, Jolly

Rules:

To enter post in this thread, the ORAS thread or pm me with 4 numbers from 1-151. I want to make the lotto work with many entrants.

So it's a pretty easy way to get shiny Deoxys, also four will be given out. The drawings will be done the weekend of April 24-26. I'll need entries by April 23rd, 2359 JST.

I'll do four draws using this RNG from https://www.random.org, each entry gets to pick a total of four numbers for each round, only one needs to be selected to win. Winners are immediately eliminated from entering in later rounds.

There will be a guaranteed winner each round.

The Deoxys won will be random out of the four.

Contest open to all of GAF.

Enjoy!

Just to give CommunityPokeGAF a heads up doing a simple giveaway for four Shiny Deoxys, one of each forme in a preferable nature. Each will have good stats and will have a minimum of one perfect stat. I don't want to be there forever hence no crazy 4IV-5IVs since I'll be actually RNGing these on my Emerald carts.

52, Meowth and his lucky coin are gonna get it for me.

Oh four numbers? 24, 42, 52, and 110

lupinko

All entrants can quote this portion and add your name and numbers to it if you don't send a pm to me.

Entrants (Cap: 36)
Professor Beef 24,42,52,110
ColtraineGF 28,48,80,114
PreyingShark 1,2,3,4
Jotamide 72, 148, 22, 98
Zedreamcast 7, 19, 27 , 94
Ahnez 17, 43, 97, 131
AsianOni 11, 34, 74, 111

-----------
The master post will be updated by me in the ORAS thread.

Oh because I'm taking entries from three avenues, if the same numbers are picked, I'll contact the person who posted later to pick new numbers. I'm going to look at the time stamp of each entry.

That aside you are guaranteed a slot.

lupinko

For Hoopa I'm thinking Naive at the very least. And that's taking into account its lackluster speed.

Edit: I did a mock run with the four entrants and low and behold, Meowth at National Dex #52 came for Beef.

But that was only a mock run and it didn't count. Lol

Caladrius

Seeing the official art turned me around on Hoopa Unbound. I rather like it. (Still not fond of the base form though)

Not sure how he's going to fare with his movepool and dismal defense and speed, though. Trick Room maybe?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I wonder if they're gonna change the opening animation (the song will still be the same) since Brobowl is officially over. We do know the ED is gonna be changed (GaoGao Allstars is the name, I think).

All entrants can quote this portion and add your name and numbers to it if you don't send a pm to me.

ColtraineGF 28,48,80,114
PreyingShark 1,2,3,4
Jotamide 72, 148, 22, 98
Sign me up I guess

lupinko

ColtraineGF 28,48,80,114
PreyingShark 1,2,3,4
Jotamide 72, 148, 22, 98
Ahnez 17, 43, 97, 131
AsianOni 11, 34, 74, 111

Busaiku

Darn it, Pokemon Center US started off strong last year, with lots of cool stuff at launch and in the following months, but after Nendoroid Red, it's really taken a dive.
Got the Pikachu couple this year, but nothing else.

Sunnyshore's gotten more money from me for Pokemon merchandise.

Oh and if anyone wanted the Mega Pikachu Y, Sunnyshore has them again.

I wonder if they're gonna change the opening animation (the song will still be the same) since Brobowl is officially over. We do know the ED is gonna be changed (GaoGao Allstars is the name, I think).

Maybe they'll wait until they kick off Goodra so kids won't be reminded how great it was.

Darn it, Pokemon Center US started off strong last year, with lots of cool stuff at launch and in the following months, but after Nendoroid Red, it's really taken a dive.
Got the Pikachu couple this year, but nothing else.

Sunnyshore's gotten more money from me for Pokemon merchandise.

Oh and if anyone wanted the Mega Pikachu Y, Sunnyshore has them again.

Tempting on Mega Pikachu Y, but been spending too much money ~_~

Refyref

My brothers and I are all playing Pokemon Rumble World now. I kind of stopped with Shuffle, though.

ColtraineGF 28,48,80,114
PreyingShark 1,2,3,4
Jotamide 72, 148, 22, 98
Ahnez 17, 43, 97, 131
AsianOni 11, 34, 74, 111
Refyref 75, 82, 30, 13

lupinko

ColtraineGF 28,48,80,114
PreyingShark 1,2,3,4
Jotamide 72, 148, 22, 98
Ahnez 17, 43, 97, 131
AsianOni 11, 34, 74, 111
Faenix1 27, 46, 82, 147
Refyref 75, 30, 13, 96
Bankoiia 12, 64, 112, 124
MasterSheen 25, 50, 125, 150

---------

You need a replacement for 82, someone beat you to it.

Refyref

ColtraineGF 28,48,80,114
PreyingShark 1,2,3,4
Jotamide 72, 148, 22, 98
Ahnez 17, 43, 97, 131
AsianOni 11, 34, 74, 111
Faenix1 27, 46, 82, 147
Refyref 75, 30, 13, 96
Bankoiia 12, 64, 112,

---------
You need a replacement for 82, someone beat you to it.

Alright, chose a new number.

So ive just started to try to get into competitive pkmn battling but im still having trouble with some concepts of the meta game. Would anyone know where one wod go to get help understanding things like synergy and checking?

Currently the team im trying to make (for singles) is Garchomp, Umbreon, Mega Gardevoir, Rotom-W, Gliscor, and Lucario.

Azuran

Banned
So ive just started to try to get into competitive pkmn battling but im still having trouble with some concepts of the meta game. Would anyone know where one wod go to get help understanding things like synergy and checking?

Currently the team im trying to make (for singles) is Garchomp, Umbreon, Mega Gardevoir, Rotom-W, Gliscor, and Lucario.

http://www.smogon.com/smog/
http:www.nuggetbridge.com
http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/battle/oras/

Here's an article about checks and counters:
www.smogon.com/smog/issue32/checks-and-counters

Honestly, the best way to check what works in your team is to actually battle with it. The metagame is always changing so stuff that worked a couple of months ago may not be viable anymore.

You can also use the team builder to see what your team is strong and weak against. Really helps a lot when building a team. To find out what checks and counters something in your team, I use the Pokemon Global Link site a lot since it tells you exactly what Pokemon and moves are use to defeat something else so you start building from that.

lupinko

ColtraineGF 28,48,80,114
PreyingShark 1,2,3,4
Jotamide 72, 148, 22, 98
Ahnez 17, 43, 97, 131
AsianOni 11, 34, 74, 111
Faenix1 27, 46, 82, 147
Refyref 75, 30, 13, 96
Bankoiia 12, 64, 112, 124
MasterSheen 25, 50, 125, 150
kyo2004 44, 87, 24, 57
CrimsonN0 19, 29, 53, 151
Syntsui 8, 49, 69, 99
Jo Shishido's Cheeks 36, 59, 63, 95

---------

Other than beef, how many of you are picking based on a Pokemon?

Top Bottom