• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
oh god TPCi continues with its shitty dub

English trailer

Well, things might change, but not quite for a good reason...

Tom Wayland, who directs the dub voices, was recently accused of rape. So it's quite likely he'll be replaced...actually, some people think the reason Hoopa's voice is so off is that TCPi doesn't really have anyone stable handling the voices now.

Busaiku

I've been good with the dub for the most, but Hoopa and the evil guy were definitely offensive.
I watched some of the 4Kids stuff and realized how much I hated the voice cast there, mostly Ash.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
JwabDuS.png

kek

uBWBTwY.jpg

Boss Doggie

Well, his height is kinda already known during the leak. I guess Gyarados would have to stretch itself up to be as tall lol

Oh didn't realize Hoopa U is in the site now.

Bulbasaur

Banned
Just logged into my Pokèbank and noticed I ONLY HAD 20 HOURS REMAINING!!!

Thank goodness I logged in! What would've happened if I hadn't? 15 or so years of Pokemon collecting lost?!?!

WTF? You should get email notifications or something.

Just logged into my Pokèbank and noticed I ONLY HAD 20 HOURS REMAINING!!!

Thank goodness I logged in! What would've happened if I hadn't? 15 or so years of Pokemon collecting lost?!?!

WTF? You should get email notifications or something.
There's a grace period. No idea how long it is though.

DaBoss

Mine expired a year after whenever Pokemon Bank became available. I only renewed it about 3-4 weeks after and all of my Pokemon were still there.

Someone else posted in another thread how they only used the free trial period and didn't pay for the subscription till ORAS came out and his Pokemon were still there.

Azuran

Banned
Mine expired a year after whenever Pokemon Bank became available. I only renewed it about 3-4 weeks after and all of my Pokemon were still there.

Someone else posted in another thread how they only used the free trial period and didn't pay for the subscription till ORAS came out and his Pokemon were still there.

Isn't that the point? I don't understand why some people are so scared of losing their stuff on the Bank. The entire point of a cloud system is to keep your stuff safe no matter what. I rather put all of my important stuff there than leave them on cartridges that may easily get lost or corrupted. It would have to be a pretty bad cloud system for your stuff to disappear just because you didn't renew your subscription.

Busaiku

Evil Ash sucks.
Isn't that the point? I don't understand why some people are so scared of losing their stuff on the Bank. The entire point of a cloud system is to keep your stuff safe no matter what. I rather put all of my important stuff there than leave them on cartridges that may easily get lost or corrupted. It would have to be a pretty bad cloud system for your stuff to disappear just because you didn't renew your subscription.
We are still dealing with Game Freak and Nintendo. Can't blame us for being apprehensive.

Eevee appears next to Braixen, so I'll guess Serena gets it. Odds on that it evolves into Sylveon at some point, if so.

Noibat looks like it's going to Ash.

Serena with Eevee/Sylveon makes sense. Be even more idol.

Ash gets a Noibat? Man, three flying Pokemon, he'll have so many options to send one out for reconnaissance!

Cindro

Hi, Poké-GAF!

My name's Cindro, and I have a financially debilitating Pokémon addiction. I've still never completed the dex, and I don't go deep enough to worry about IVs when training a competitive team, but I've been a lifer for the series since Red/Blue.

I have a bunch of topics I'd love to eventually discuss with you fine folk, but for now, I'm limiting it to music.

Specifically, how
Go
GOAT is the title screen music for Black 2/White 2? I scored tickets to the Symphonic Evolutions concert in Chicago, so I've been revisiting some of the songs from the setlist - I remember liking the Black/White/1/2 title theme, but after having a few years of distance from it it really stands out as one of the best pieces of the series. The track captures everything I love about Pokémon - it's punchy and captures the high-octane energy of adventuring with super-powered beasts hellbent on clobbering each other. There's such an air of bombast and drama to it - so good. Can't wait to hear it live!

Have any of you gone to any of the previous Symphonic Evolution dates? Are any of you going on this upcoming tour? From the few reviews I've found of it, it seems like it will be incredible. I hope they have tons of sweet merch too so I can leave the venue destitute and without rent money.

Azuran

Banned
I want to go to the one for August in Toronto, but I just don't like buying tickets for something that far ahead in the future especially when my friend has no idea if she can go yet and there's no way I'm going by myself.

So annoying.

Cindro

Out of all types of concerts, symphonies are at least amongst the most palatable to head into alone. Still not the ideal circumstance, but it can still be immensely enjoyable sitting alone and taking in all of the different instruments without the distraction of also being social. Not to mention most of the people at the show will be mega-nerds (in the best way possible) that you could instantly relate to and strike up a conversation with if you feel so inclined.

I had to see my favorite band ever alone a few years ago - the biggest bummer was the lonely two hour ride to and from the venue. It was still definitely worth it though. Regardless, I still hope you're able to find someone to accompany you!

Man the only nerdy thing thats ever come to my city is the star wars symphony thing. none of the nintendo things have ever come here and it makes me sad.

Busaiku

Couple years ago it was bad in the Houston area, but things have gotten so much better recently.
Least as far as Nintendo stuff goes.

Boss Doggie

so Sycamore realized Meyer is Blaziken Mask by sniffing the odor from Blaziken Mask's keystone and realizing that it smelled the same as the towel Meyer used earlier in the opening. And then there's the fact that BM keeps his keystone in his belt. And then there's the fact that Sycamore approached him like a schoolgirl, complete with hands behind the back. And then there's chin rubbing and nose scratching.

oh god this is so flamboyant

so Sycamore realized Meyer is Blaziken Mask by sniffing the odor from Blaziken Mask's keystone and realizing that it smelled the same as the towel Meyer used earlier in the opening. And then there's the fact that BM keeps his keystone in his belt. And then there's the fact that Sycamore approached him like a schoolgirl, complete with hands behind the back. And then there's chin rubbing and nose scratching.

oh god this is so flamboyant
I have not seen the anime since BW...this is so confusing...

Boss Doggie

Oh yeah and in the opening Sycamore looked like he was checking out on Meyer.

It was so weird it felt like it was intentional.

Top Bottom