• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

exhume

Anyone got any cool ideas for a theme team for a fresh playthrough of X? I was thinking of running something like a medieval magic-themed team, with some monsters like Aegislash, Dragonite, etc., but then I remembered I don't like using Aegislash that much so I scuttled that whole plan. Does anyone else enjoy putting together teams like this?

StoneFox

I've been playing LeafGreen lately and kinda liked going back to the old mechanics of typing = attack stat used. It feels real nostalgic and while it made some pokemon pretty bad just because they can't use their STAB effectively (like gyarados), I still really enjoy it in a different way from the games today. Equipping all normal types with hyper beam and knowing that most normal types had higher attack stats made for some really fun times.

OMG Aero

He wouldn't look so fabulous
Ash is at least fabulous enough to fool the master.
pqJ2fZS.png

So here's a fun question.
What're everyone's favorite areas where their favorite Pokemon is obtainable?
If it's an evolution only Pokemon, then the most immediate form's location.
If it's an event Pokemon, your favorite Pokemon Center.
If it's egg only, your favorite day care.

Pikachu in Power Plant for me.

Route 5 in Kalos is pretty great for Furfrou.

I think it is probably a good thing nobody ages in the show.

It'd so awkward to look at the gang now being old enough to marry each other and have children. And still have a Pokémon adventure.

Then again, I have silly thoughts more often than not.

I wonder if the world would be less afraid of spiders if we got Pokémon spiders instead of what we have here. Giant plushie spiders!

I think it is probably a good thing nobody ages in the show.

It'd so awkward to look at the gang now being old enough to marry each other and have children. And still have a Pokémon adventure.

Then again, I have silly thoughts more often than not.

I wonder if the world would be less afraid of spiders if we got Pokémon spiders instead of what we have here. Giant plushie spiders!

We already have Pokemon spiders. 4 of them, even!

EDIT: Well 3, if you don't count Joltik.

Vylash

should I check it out or will I go insane?

"An open world game or MMO with Pokemon on field and on console/PC"

"A full-blown console release that plays like Ni No Kuni would be the bees' knees"

"Put it on a console, reduce the Pokemon. Way too many to give a damn about"

"Stop using the new hideous art style. Get rid of mega evolutions"

you tell me

should I check it out or will I go insane?
Some suggestions in that thread are perfectly reasonable. For example, if somebody wants Pokemon to change up the story progression significantly then I can understand that. I may disagree, but it's understandable. Things like better balancing, a hard mode, removing IVs, and so on are also perfectly understandable requests.

Then there are the guys who want the number of mons to be cut down to roughly 150.

lupinko

Anyone try to RNG the GameCube games? Apparently it can be done via emulator.

So my plan is to play it on Wii, then take the save to Dolphin, rng and then transfer the save back to Wii.

Lots of amazing pokes in XD.

Oh speaking of RNG, the shiny Deoxyses will be up for grabs soon!

I've slowly gotten myself back into Pokemon after the great April disaster of drunken proportions.

Because of the delay I'm thinking about doing a bonus or something.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Heh, saw this from /vp/ which was taken from Sushi's (one of the subbers) tumblr

0fHzvbS.png

So Ash's bullshit actually is canon!

Edit: ahahahahah that homoscience

tumblr_novulouHqh1s72p65o1_500.png

tumblr_novulouHqh1s72p65o2_500.png

tumblr_novulouHqh1s72p65o6_500.png

"An open world game or MMO with Pokemon on field and on console/PC"

"A full-blown console release that plays like Ni No Kuni would be the bees' knees"

"Put it on a console, reduce the Pokemon. Way too many to give a damn about"

"Stop using the new hideous art style. Get rid of mega evolutions"

you tell me

What's sad is the worst offender on that list for me is actually not genwunning but people wanting Pokemon to play like Ni no Kuni.

So I went to Anime North here in Toronto and ran into this cosplay:

Nothing came close in quality after I witnessed that.

Kamen Rider Blackie?

Busaiku

Previous games were annual, and prior to 6th gen, the game threads weren't as active.
The game ones soaked most of the competitive talk.

lupinko

I read that Pokemon should make changes thread in gaming and it's absolutely awful.

And the funny thing is a lot of the complaints for the lack of and wish lists for certain features are already in the newer games. People who don't know what they're talking about easily outed themselves.

I read that Pokemon should make changes thread in gaming and it's absolutely awful.

And the funny thing is a lot of the complaints for the lack of and wish lists for certain features are already in the newer games. People who don't know what they're talking about easily outed themselves.

"I WANT A STORY!"

I think the worst posts are the ones saying they should get rid of a bunch of Pokemon.

lupinko

"I WANT A STORY!"

I think the worst posts are the ones saying they should get rid of a bunch of Pokemon.

Yeah that too, what kind of story can they tell? Pokemon is always meant for the child demo and not the manchilds.

You're not going to get a gritty Pokemon cmon now. Lol

Also the reduction of Pokemon and removal of IVs, natures, etc. is just laughably bad.

Basically they just want the original game boy games. Which even when I as a kid got quickly bored of (and as an adult even more so bored of even with nostalgia glasses), mainly due to how barebones and limited it was.

Edit: Also the console argument, they tried two decent games in Colosseum and XD. Both games even had incentives (non glitched gen 3 beasts, special moves for Lugia, Zapdos, etc). Neither game drew in that demographic that they're claiming wants a console game.

Yep, the topic is definitely cringeworthy. But funny enough, it made me play Pokemon Black from the beginning. Even though it's only been a few years, I worried that my "nostalgia glasses" might've been blinding me and maybe the game isn't as good as I thought it was.

I think I like Black/White even more than when I first played it. After playing Pokemon X/Y I really like characters like Bianca, Cheren and N. I love seeing the Gym Leaders out and about. Yeah, the story does have its flaws, but I really wish they would put more effort into future titles. This definitely makes me realize what I enjoy in a Pokemon game. Unova is pretty damn good too. I wish they'd make a region based on Toronto but I have a feeling that Unova is as close as we'll ever get.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I am surprised the localization team didn't add accents to Valerie when they would normally give them to others, considering she has a certain dialect in Japanese. Subbers went for a Southern belle for her.

tfLc7Ri.png

Maapomx.jpg

Pi9EruT.jpg

qkc6hk3.jpg

also lol this can be taken in a different way

8Mqdlf9.jpg

Valerie's another gym leader the anime has more interested than the games ever did.

And Ash is basically moving from one ship tease to another

Daemul

Valarie is an amazing woman, I would pay her handsomely to teach me the Pokemon language. I've managed to pick up some of Pikachu's speech patterns and sort of guess at what he's saying from listening to him speak over the years, but Valerie is a real fucking pro.

Top Bottom