• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
God this ep is amazing
swhxmf.gif
oemzcv.gif
kfiukd.gif

kbscdc.gif
zwlixv.gif
wnplox.gif

jaykrs.gif
zrahxw.gif
ppnzcb.gif

also for laffs

nyzbiq.gif
agyhqe.gif
sguoaj.gif

Cranster

Banned
Yeah the new episode was excellent. I have to say IMHO the XY anime has been the best iteration of the anime so far, even better than the original series which I never thought I'd ever say.

Lillie's wearing an incredibly demure sundress and big sun hat.

It's not like this series is a stranger to fanservicey, male-gazey costumes, but I'm not really seeing it for Lillie.

Lillie's probably going to turn out to be a Gym Leader, a member of the Elite Four or the Champion. The flower pun is a dead giveaway.

Lillie's dress is perfectly acceptable for the climate. Pretty much everyone is properly dressed for the climate.

I think the more natural proportions are doing great things for the aesthetic of this game.

Articalys

I should clarify. Was on mobile earlier so it wasn't a terribly well thought-out post.

The basic idea of a special Pokedex that only works after you shove a Rotom into it is neat, and being able to see a more detailed map and set waypoints is cool. I just don't trust Game Freak to not make it an annoying character. To be fair, all I have to go on so far is the stupid grin and one line of dialogue. Could change later. Also not terribly fond of having giant googly eyes staring at me from the 3DS bottom screen the whole time.

More specifically the "gives you advice on where to go next, based on the conversations you have with others" bit makes me worried it's going to handhold you every inch of the way even more than the games already railroad you. More like Fi than Midna, if you will.

Basically I just hope it's something that, after being introduced, generally stays out of my way unless I call on it or other characters involve it; I don't have any issues with its fundamental inclusion in the game.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
so this has been bothering me, and this isn't an anime only thing

yPT5yEh.png

...how do the balls stick to the belt? even trainer designs have balls magically sticking to clothes and vests

I missed everything. I missed the reveal, the discussion, and well everything. Hate being away from home.

Was the reveal hype worthy? I'm still away from home.

Joqu

Guys, I remember with the Red / Blue / Yellow 3DS virtual console releases being a thing they rereleased the old Sugimori Gen 1 artwork of Charizard, Blastoise, Pikachu probably Venusaur, maybe some other Pokemon too, plus the boxarts in beautiful HD. It got shared on GAF but I'm not finding them now, maybe I'm looking at the wrong threads though. Anyone know where I could find that stuff, preferably in as ridiculously high of a resolution as possible?

I've been searching through the Pokemon International press site but I'm not finding them there, but come to think of it the boxart might have been North American, that press site is all PAL stuff.

Articalys

Guys, I remember with the Red / Blue / Yellow 3DS virtual console releases being a thing they rereleased the old Sugimori Gen 1 artwork of Charizard, Blastoise, Pikachu probably Venusaur, maybe some other Pokemon too, plus the boxarts in beautiful HD. It got shared on GAF but I'm not finding them now, maybe I'm looking at the wrong threads though. Anyone know where I could find that stuff, preferably in as ridiculously high of a resolution as possible?

I've been searching through the Pokemon International press site but I'm not finding them there, but come to think of it the boxart might have been North American, that press site is all PAL stuff.
Don't know about the standalone artwork, but the hi-res NA boxart was in this thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1139495

Sun legendary weak against fire lol

"brand new abilities" being Clear Body and Multiscale lol
Considering all the ties to alchemy that were noted in the other threads, I don't think that Solgaleo was supposed to be fire in the first place.

In any case, Clear Body and Multiscale are more interesting than (type boosting ability) or (mold breaker clone).

Considering all the ties to alchemy that were noted in the other threads, I don't think that Solgaleo was supposed to be fire in the first place.

In any case, Clear Body and Multiscale are more interesting than (type boosting ability) or (mold breaker clone).

man imagine if they gave them pressure lol

Also of minor note: Sunsteel Strike is called メテオドライブ (Meteor Drive), while Moongeist Beam is called シャドーレイ(Shadow Ray). So there's your move typings made more clear right there (Steel and Ghost).

The JP species names uses alternate words for 'sun' and 'moon' as well - nichirin (日輪) "sun disc" and gachirin (月輪) "moon disc". Hence, 'sunne' and 'moone'.

After sleeping on it a bit, I'll hold off in the 'old' part for now, until I get a native speaker's opinion on it - maybe there's some usage I've missed in looking up the etymology.

I still can't tell if Shota's 3vs3, 4vs4 or 6vs6

and they really are dead set on "splitting" the league arc, definitely smells of TF shenanigans

Pretty sure it's 6 v 6. if you pause at 18 s, the scoreboard shows pikachu, 3 pokeballs of active pokemon, and 2 greyed out (fainted) pokeballs for Ash

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Marshadow's trademark appearing around these other early release Pokemon make me doubt it's the third Box Legendary, since they'll never revealed pre-release...

I actually think it might end up being an Event Legendary akin to Victini (and Magearna too I guess) revealed before the game, in fact perhaps it'll be the star of next year's movie and will appear in a teaser trailer at the end of the Volcanion film.

Marshadow's trademark appearing around these other early release Pokemon make me doubt it's the third Box Legendary, since they'll never revealed pre-release...

I actually think it might end up being an Event Legendary akin to Victini (and Magearna too I guess) revealed before the game, in fact perhaps it'll be the star of next year's movie and will appear in a teaser trailer at the end of the Volcanion film.

Would they really announce two mythicals before release? And just because it was trademarked doesn't mean it'll be announced pre release either

RNGed a Soul Silver file with shiny 31/14/31/31/31/31 Bold/Timid. Shiny Suicune *and* Latios on the same file? Fuck yes.

Of course, those are for the Gen IV Battle Frontier. Plan to finally beat it this year (on the JPN Platinum I beat a few days ago) if I can become competent at the Battle Factory. Gonna have to learn how to properly play with mons whose sets I didn't design myself. I really, really suck at that right now. lol

Menitta

Some friends decided to watch Pokemon 3 and Heroes with a Discord chat.

3 is still the best one. The characters are actually smart in infiltrating the castle and there's more character development than any other movie.

Heroes is so incredibly flawed, but still awesome. It's the MGS4 of Pokemon movies.

RNGed a Soul Silver file with shiny 31/14/31/31/31/31 Bold/Timid. Shiny Suicune *and* Latios on the same file? Fuck yes.

Of course, those are for the Gen IV Battle Frontier. Plan to finally beat it this year (on the JPN Platinum I beat a few days ago) if I can become competent at the Battle Factory. Gonna have to learn how to properly play with mons whose sets I didn't design myself. I really, really suck at that right now. lol

I remember having no trouble with the Battle Frontier in Platinum. I'll have to try it again and see if it's any harder than when I was a kid.

Some friends decided to watch Pokemon 3 and Heroes with a Discord chat.

3 is still the best one. The characters are actually smart in infiltrating the castle and there's more character development than any other movie.

Heroes is so incredibly flawed, but still awesome. It's the MGS4 of Pokemon movies.

to bad pokemon heroes dub is the worst thing ever

fuckin blue fillter

ash_ag

Why would they trademark 2017's Mythical along with the mascot Legendaries though? Besides, Marshadow's name suggests some association with Solgaleo and Lunala, be it through the Mars component (suggesting another astronomical object), or Mare (suggesting a tide, which is the effect sun and moon have on sea level).

The question lies on what Solgaleo and Lunala may be based on, if anything. It's been suggested that they may be related to the (alleged) Slavic gods Belobog (White god) and Chernobog (Black god), because those two are often depicted with lion-like and bat-like features respectively. However, as far as I can tell, they only represent a duality. I couldn't find another deity that somehow stands between or alongside them. In fact, even Belobog is more of an assumed deity that historians made up to contrast Chernobog.

Perhaps there's only a loose connection between the two pairs, or it's simply a coincidence. It'd be interesting if the third Legendary is completely unlike the other two.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'm saying it could be like Victini, revealed and released this year as well as star in next year's movie like Victini was...maybe having two of those alongside Magearna might be odd, but I do think whatever Marshadow is the fact it's been trademarked around other Pokemon who were quickly revealed after means it itself will probably appear soon.

GoldStarz

Maybe Marshadow is based on a swamp monster or something? You can clearly see a swamp on the bottom right island where it could ive

Top Bottom