• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Why would Japan want Archen/Archeops? Aren't they available by using Rock Smash in Gen VI?

During the anime, you can hit the D button for games. A few weeks ago it was doing the poll thing and the first name that pops out is Archeops

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
New Magearna info is apparently being revealed in Corocoro, we don't know if it will have anything to do with the games though.

A new move I hear---possibly related to its ability to sprout flowers from its hands seen in the film?

Pretty odd we've seen nothing about Magearna in Sun and Moon, the first reveal of Black and White for instance showcased Zorua and Zoroark in the screens so it's surprising they haven't done that for Magearna yet. I've basically forgotten about it (and Volcanion) with all the Starter/Legendary Hype.

Guessing though we'll have shots of it in-game by the time its film is released, probably info on how to obtain one which I'm guessing might involve transferring the Movie Volcanion to Sun and Moon.

...I think I've probably spent too much time on Wikipedia and went really deep if I end up finding a link to Hoenn's page on Wikipedia starting from a completely unrelated thing (trying to find where a +56 number would have meant in terms of international country codes)

maybe I need trumpets and waters

Boss Doggie

Greninja is still the new hotness it seems.

Simisear holding that L.

honestly, I could interpret it as... "kids saw Ash Greninja, they want their own Greninja ready for that, so they voted for Greninja to be able to have their own Sync Greninja ready"

those Meloetta and Genesect folks have to wait hard tho lol

Menitta

I'm gonna try watching AG again. I watched it at the worst possible time. Hopefully this time I won't be tempted to skip an entire season. It might be because I don't like May as much as Dawn or Serena. Or because everyone in Hoenn is a freaking idiot.

I have this burning desire to watch Pokemon but I don't want to watch any of OG or BW. I just rewatched DP and what exists of XY.

so how do I get feebas in emeraldwithout wanting to cry

That shit is so dumb. I remember back then when I was trying to get one, I read somewhere that it was only found using an Old Rod, which actually worked after a bit so I guess I got really lucky with the 6 spots.

Bulbapedia says this so I guess it's...something?

If the player reels in one Pokémon in every tile, there is a 1 in 64 (approximately 1.6%) chance that the player will pass over all six Feebas tiles without reeling in a single Feebas

Also, don't change the trendy phrase (I don't even remember where you can even do it) because it'll just randomize the spots again.

Ok... I think I just caught up on Pokémon XY and Z. (Lol... Z)

So is Goodra's return next episode permanent? Ash needs a 6th Pokémon for the league and for Kalos. Or is he rumored to catch a new Pokémon or bring back an old one (to hopefully elvolve, Quilava)?

So is Goodra's return next episode permanent? Ash needs a 6th Pokémon for the league and for Kalos. Or is he rumored to catch a new Pokémon or bring back an old one (to hopefully elvolve, Quilava)?

Most likely Goodra. Next episode in Japan features Goodra. He likely won't return then and there, but they'll likely mention Ash wanting to bring him back for the league

Boss Doggie

Yeah he won't return to join Ash, but he will will team up for the League.

Basically think of Pidgeot except fulfilled.

JoeM86

See, so while popularity has some hand in it, in the end it is still a distro focused poll. Even explains why Archeops being relatively high (the d remote poll).

Actual popularity stuff in Japan, at least in my observation, is through survey. They want to know for instance what is high on male and female samples.

And yeah that was the Dream World poll. People wanted Ditto but Japanese fans really wanted that Arceus lol

The distro was not a huge advertised part of it, though. You're way overblowing that. It was relegated to a footnote about it.

This also wasn't a survey.

Boss Doggie

The distro was not a huge advertised part of it, though. You're way overblowing that. It was relegated to a footnote about it.

This also wasn't a survey.

Exactly - if it was a proper popularity thing, they'd have a survey. It's how they'd gauge the "male/female" popularity too.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam

Looks like it. A shame, I think Goodra is pretty lame and it would've been cool if he had a "surprise" sixth Pokemon in each fight.

Looks like it. A shame, I think Goodra is pretty lame and it would've been cool if he had a "surprise" sixth Pokemon in each fight.

I kind of wish Ash has a arc with one of his old Pokémon every once in awhile to further train and evolve the ones that hasn't refused to evolve.

Pikachu, Bulbasuar, and maybe Squirtle refused to evolve.

The Pokémon Ash has that I liked and that aren't fully evolved are

Totodile
Quilava
Buezle
Scraggy
Gible
Popitoad

And I think that's all for his unevolve Pokémon I care for. If there's more please let me the ones I missed.

I don't care for his Unova starters and Bayleaf that's why I didn't list them.

It'll be awesome if Ash went to different regions, caught his usual six Pokémon, and when he fully evolved one of them Oak would request to study him/her and he rotates one of his older Pokémon as the sixth one until he gets the new Pokémon back from Oak.

GoldStarz

Pikachu, Bulbasuar, and maybe Squirtle refused to evolve.

The Pokémon Ash has that I liked and that aren't fully evolved are

Totodile
Quilava
Buezle
Scraggy
Gible
Popitoad

And I think that's all for his unevolve Pokémon I care for. If there's more please let me the ones I missed.

I don't care for his Unova starters and Bayleaf that's why I didn't list them.

It'll be awesome if Ash went to different regions, caught his usual six Pokémon, and when he fully evolved one of them Oak would request to study him/her and he rotates one of his older Pokémon as the sixth one until he gets the new Pokémon back from Oak.
He also has Corphish and Boldore.
also bayleaf is the the shit, you take that back

Will Shark's Japanese Pokémon games ever ship? Or will they be preparing to ship until the end of time?

Stay tuned for the conclusion to this exciting adventure!

L.O.R.D

my 11 years old brother start playing pokemon x,he doesn't know what pokemon is,but he liked the game.
i am so proud.

tumblr_inline_moo7t2giwP1qz4rgp.jpg

he chose feneken and already passed the first forest with 4 Pokemon with him.

He also has Corphish and Boldore.
also bayleaf is the the shit, you take that back

How can I forget Corphish!?!? I like Corphish and swore it'll evolve the entire time Ash was using him.

Boldore is eh. The only way he can evolve him is by trade and we know he isn't going to trade Boldore away.

Bayleef was cute and bearable as a Chikarita but I got sick of it when I realized that it wasn't evolving into a Meganium.

Boss Doggie

I feel like I am the only one who doesn't want Ash to use anyone else but his Kalos team this time. Because I really enjoyed this gang.

Also dem summaries, Shota vs. Tierno is already semi finals. Holy shit does this mean Ash vs Alain is FINALS?!

I feel like I am the only one who doesn't want Ash to use anyone else but his Kalos team this time. Because I really enjoyed this gang.

Also dem summaries, Shota vs. Tierno is already semi finals. Holy shit does this mean Ash vs Alain is FINALS?!

Doesn't that mean that Ash vs. Sawyer is the final? We know that match is happening, and it's not like Ash is getting knocked out in the first episode of the League.

Hell, is Ash going to be knocking Alain out in the semis?

EDIT: Oh wait, I see- Sawyer vs. Tierno is actually the quarter finals. Ash vs. Sawyer in the semis it is. I'm assuming that Ash will be battling one of the random Mega Garchomp or Mega Absol trainers before that.

Ash vs. Alain final interrupted by Team Flare here we come.

Boss Doggie

Yeah Shota vs Tierno is quarterfinals, Ash vs Shota is semis. We can pretty much assume Trevor vs Alain is quarterfinals too.

The mysterious trainer they kept saying, the equivalent of Tobias/Cameron/etc., is apparently Alain, as they never mention his name in the summaries yet we're guaranteed it is him.

And yeah he is most likely fighting Astrid/Ayaka and Luis/whatever his dub name is.

Does this mean this would be the farthest Ash has gotten to a league?

Nightbird

Nah, you're not the only one that wants him to use his Kalos Team only.

And I seriously hope to see an Ash vs Alain Finals. I wouldn't even be mad if Ash lost the finals, because Alain is a very strong trainer

Boss Doggie

Pretty average episode with hilarious parts (GIGA DRILL CARBINK), and that massive hint of Goodra being the sixth mon. He didn't come with Ash but Ash was all "heh I need my sixth mon tho wink wink". Also shows Alain taking on Korrina's gym.

But the opening... something replaced Wulfric's segment.

Yeah it literally is GUNDAM in my Pokemon.

Although with how it is presented (a literally DEVIL GUNDAM ZYGARDE COVERED WITH ROOTS and PERFECT ZYGARDE), it makes me wonder if Perfect Zygarde can be achieved by one core. So it's Z1/Squishy vs Z2 but Squishy is Perfect while Z2 is DEVIL TREE SNAKE

CkgLcjVVEAAENTn.jpg

and the other Zygarde be like

CkgMJLCUkAA7ixg.jpg

Does this mean this would be the farthest Ash has gotten to a league?
Probably- he is, at the least, tying his best performance, and I can't see him losing to Sawyer either.

More to the point, I'd be surprised if he outright lost to Alain too. There's not much of an arc in losing to a guy twice and losing again to him at the League as the final battle. I could see Alain winning but with Ash beating him outside of the League as part of the Flare plot, or even Ash being about to win and Team Flare interrupting before he gets the chance.

Boss Doggie

So many details in the OP too

like Steven's ship is there, as well as the news chopper, and this Corrupted Zygarde is heading to the Anistar Sundial

also

454.gif

Nightbird

Man, I have no idea what's happening in that clip.

Same here, is that thing attacking perfect Zygarde the corrupted Zygarde?

Lost me at GameXplain

You're confusing GameXplain with Game Theory.

GameXplain are the guys who upload are the guys uploading 50 Minutes of Analysis discussing every single piece of info they got from a 1-Minute trailer.

Game Theory is the guy pulling crazy ideas out of thin air, and trying to prove them using science.

MajorMane

Lost me at GameXplain

I mean, to be fair, it's from another source which I also posted, not a GameXplain original theory. They added some stuff to it and put it in a video is all.

Man, I have no idea what's happening in that clip.

Same here, is that thing attacking perfect Zygarde the corrupted Zygarde?

Seems like a bunch of people racing to the Anistar City Sundial (including a corrupted Team Flare Zygarde, Perfect Squishy, and even Steven Stone's helicopter). Corrupted Zygarde attacks Squishy and there's a blood red moon/sky because shit's going down.

Top Bottom