• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Simisear being the least popular is kinda surprising.
Yeah it's forgettable, but even more than like Stantler?

it's not least popular, it probably means least desired

I mean hey, being known as the last voted mon automatically puts you high on the popularity scale after all!

We can be reasonably sure that Iwanko is early on since he's in the starter town, but Nekkoala could be anywhere in the game tbh

nah, those are pet mons and they don't usually indicate availability

I mean we got a meowth in the starter town but I doubt they'd be available in the early routes

I'd argue Iwanko's availability would be like Furfrou

GoldStarz

it's not least popular, it probably means least desired

I mean hey, being known as the last voted mon automatically puts you high on the popularity scale after all!

nah, those are pet mons and they don't usually indicate availability

I mean we got a meowth in the starter town but I doubt they'd be available in the early routes

I'd argue Iwanko's availability would be like Furfrou

Yeah, but Iwanko is definitely a first stage evo so he's probably early in the game. And don't you first encounter Furfrou pets in Lumiose?

Can't disagree with you about the Meowth though.

Boss Doggie

Yeah, but Iwanko is definitely a first stage evo so he's probably early in the game. And don't you first encounter Furfrou pets in Lumiose?

Can't disagree with you about the Meowth though.

Ah yeah I agree Iwanko screams early stage mon

...would love it if it screws us and it ends up being a rock werewolf dog mon

Ah yeah I agree Iwanko screams early stage mon

...would love it if it screws us and it ends up being a rock werewolf dog mon
I just checked all the evolution levels of Rock-types.

Earliest seems to be 25 (ignoring trade evolves and the like) and those two both have another evolution (via trading). Earliest one-stage evolution is, like, 34.

I think screwing with us is pretty likely.

GoldStarz

I just checked all the evolution levels of Rock-types.

Earliest seems to be 25 (ignoring trade evolves and the like) and those two both have another evolution (via trading). Earliest one-stage evolution is, like, 34.

I think screwing with us is pretty likely.

IDK, SuMo could easily be something like a Gen V where they just fuck with the formula for everything to see what works.

New to competitive battling, know some basics; but what would be the best way to learn what i need for an effective team.

tl:dr wanna get good, how do?

Decide on a format, first of all. Doubles is what's mainly supported (ugh), but singles still gets play. Then decide on what you want your team to actually do (rushdown, stall, etc).

Vena

My problem with doubles is that the rules currently make team building extremely limited and pigeonholed, but then again doubles also seems to be the place where weird meta-breaking shit can happen like TopNora.

Its really boring from a team building perspective when everything was Mega-Khan, Mega-Ray, Mega-Sal, Primal Duo, and Xerneas with some mix of Amoongus, Ferrothorn, or whatever. Conversely, I'd probably love doubles if they just banned some the bullshit like Mega-Khan, Xerneas, and the Primal Duo. I don't even care about Mega-Ray since he can be blown up in a turn.

GoldStarz

My problem with doubles is that the rules currently make team building extremely limited and pigeonholed, but then again doubles also seems to be the place where weird meta-breaking shit can happen like TopNora.

Its really boring from a team building perspective when everything was Mega-Khan, Mega-Ray, Mega-Sal, Primal Duo, and Xerneas with some mix of Amoongus, Ferrothorn, or whatever. Conversely, I'd probably love doubles if they just banned some the bullshit like Mega-Khan, Xerneas, and the Primal Duo. I don't even care about Mega-Ray since he can be blown up in a turn.

... that's VGC, dude.

And Mega Khan is annoying but not nearly as annoying in Singles.

Vena

... that's VGC, dude.

And Mega Khan is annoying but not nearly as annoying in Singles.

Oh I know. :p I just think a few rules changes to VGC could go a long way in preventing some of the build-homogeneity. Of course, who knows, maybe some super-counter team is going to pop up out of nowhere and curb stomp the meta-cookie builds.

That said, when I did play, I used to try to follow Smogon OU, so I didn't have to look at Mega-Khan.

Boss Doggie

there's a hobby fair in Japan at 26th (or was it 27th?) featuring pokemon

I hope Iwanko and Nekkoala finally show up there

Vena

Breeding Eevee's is infuriatingly annoying when all of them are male, lol. Chain breeding good IVs is a nightmare when you can't get a new female with good IV spreads.

That said, on the topic of Eevees, what do we have left as a "mechanic" (or type, even, since Eevees don't seem to evolve into anything generally inert like Rock, Ground, Steel, etc) for Eevolution? Generally the new eevolutions have been tied to a mechanic since the original four stone evolutions: day/night, special environmental regions, and now affection (and skill type).

Only old mechanics I don't think we've seen used for them has been trading an Eevee, holding a specific item when evolving, or an evolution triggered by a Mega Evolution (which would be weird as fuck). Mega Evolve an Eevee and then it evolves after battle into a new Eevolution.

Also give Eevee Extreme Speed plox, I don't care if it has to be at level 100.

Card Boy

Banned
Guys whos this Pokemon? its for a competition here locally.

zzR8Idr.png

No one has answered so far and i can win as long as i answer it correct first.

How do they expect anyone to get that without guessing? They've rotated the image in a weird way and it looks like it was badly cropped as well.

Sorry, I don't really know. I'll take a guess and say Nidorino.

Will listen to those soon. It's a recreation, not a rip, but that guy has an excellent track record so it should be really close to the real thing.

Vena

Quick question on the best way to breed Wish to Eevee (in XY). Is Togekiss/tic the only (or best I guess) way to get Wish into the Field group for Eevee aside from Smeargle sketching it?

Vena

Going to try an ORAS Nuzlocke now, here are the rules I've laid out. How do these sound? I enjoyed the grind-free challenge in XY, so I thought I'd try for another "hard" run this time through ORAS. Though as I haven't played it in a long time, I don't actually remember how hard the game was. I updated my rules a bit from the last time as I learned of some of the shortcomings of a Nuzlocke run such as with duplicates and mandatory encounters and such.

Also I added a little "for fun" rule for myself to spice up the early game and to take my MVP forward from XY to ORAS at the cost of the starter. (This may or may not actually end up breaking the challenge, haha.)

GoldStarz

Going to try an ORAS Nuzlocke now, here are the rules I've laid out. How do these sound? I enjoyed the grind-free challenge in XY, so I thought I'd try for another "hard" run this time through ORAS. Though as I haven't played it in a long time, I don't actually remember how hard the game was. I updated my rules a bit from the last time as I learned of some of the shortcomings of a Nuzlocke run such as with duplicates and mandatory encounters and such.

Also I added a little "for fun" rule for myself to spice up the early game and to take my MVP forward from XY to ORAS at the cost of the starter. (This may or may not actually end up breaking the challenge, haha.)

You're going to wipe so hard dude lmao

Top Bottom