• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

I can't wait for Ash to leave Pikachu at the lab and take Greninja with him to Alola.

Book it, I'm calling it now that Pikachu and Greninja will be going to Alola with Ash.

But then again Charizard was in a perfect position to go to Kalos with Ash what with him getting two megas and yet he's rotting at the lab..

Since when could Pokemon evolve after fainting? I thought they didn't if they died upon reaching the level, but in Y mine did even though my team wiped out.

I believe it's only if you black/white out after reaching the desired level that they don't evolve

Out there idea- Ash catches a hitherto unknown Gen VII Pokémon in one of the league episodes.

I have no idea why they'd try to hide Goodra so much. It only appeared two episodes ago!

JoeM86

Out there idea- Ash catches a hitherto unknown Gen VII Pokémon in one of the league episodes.

I have no idea why they'd try to hide Goodra so much. It only appeared two episodes ago!

Which makes me think it may be Zygarde or Magearna :p And if Zygarde, it triggers the Flare plot and Alain plot

Anyone remember the earliest you can do online trades in X/Y? Going to start replaying soon and want to do a playthrough with a mother effin Delibird for no reason what so ever.

Seil

Anyone remember the earliest you can do online trades in X/Y? Going to start replaying soon and want to do a playthrough with a mother effin Delibird for no reason what so ever.

You should be able to trade as soon as you unlock the PSS, which means basically just after you get your starter. I know I started a playthrough where I gave myself a Scyther egg right away and hatched it before even entering the forest.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
that realization that you won't be able to have these

ClwbCUcVAAEFAe_.jpg

ClwbCUcUgAESV7I.jpg

ClwbCaEUgAE_gZL.jpg

ClwbCnkUgAA84qa.jpg

I think this would be awesome. That one trainer brought in a Blaziken to use in the Johto league.

Ash has like 29 Turous, right?

He comes across someone from Alola where Turous isn't in or common, they get to talking, and offers him a trade where he'll get that region Pokémon that only evolves threw trading and he'll have its final evolution.

Ash only uses one of his Turous for battling so I always theorized that he would use the rest as trade fodder in a region with no Turous eventually.

Trading is a part of Pokémon and something he's only done once.

Hey guys I got a new 3ds and my friend code has changed (long story). Picked up Pokemon X and starting over. Does anyone have a female froakie with protean? My friend code is 3110 8582 7934.

Oh anyone have a ditto as well?

Hey guys I got a new 3ds and my friend code has changed (long story). Picked up Pokemon X and starting over. Does anyone have a female froakie with protean? My friend code is 3110 8582 7934.

Oh anyone have a ditto as well?

I have a perfect 5 iv female level 1 Froakie you can have of you want it.

I actually have a few perfect 5 iv pokemon you can have if you want them.

How long are those Darkrai codes good for? I have four of them.

I have a perfect 5 iv female level 1 Froakie you can have of you want it.

I actually have a few perfect 5 iv pokemon you can have if you want them.

How long are those Darkrai codes good for? I have four of them.
Sweet when will you be online? I need to catch some Pokemon so we can trade what other 5 iv Pokemon do you have so I have enough to trade.

Sweet when will you be online? I need to catch some Pokemon so we can trade what other 5 iv Pokemon do you have so I have enough to trade.

I need to transfer from Poke bank so I'll need a few minutes also. I have

One Female Froakie with Protean and perfect 5 iv which toy claimed.

Swinub with some egg moves
Level one Milotic
Gligar
Sneasal
Goomy
Charmander
Magikarp
Frillish

All perfect 5 IV with some being 6IV, perfect nature (for me atleast), and some have eggs moves.

Let me know what you want and add me. Friend code is in the profile.

I need to transfer from Poke bank so I'll need a few minutes also. I have

One Female Froakie with Protean and perfect 5 iv which toy claimed.

Swinub with some egg moves
Level one Milotic
Gligar
Sneasal
Goomy
Charmander
Magikarp
Frillish

All perfect 5 IV with some being 6IV, perfect nature (for me atleast), and some have eggs moves.

Let me know what you want and add me. Friend code is in the profile.
I'll take the female froakie and charmander I added you let me catch two Pokemon just started.
Oh you have a ditto by chance?

Thanks man for froakie and charmander appreciate it!
If anyone else wants to add me so I can build up my safari at the end let me know.

Well, so much for the quick bit of breeding I did... and I'm just trying to expand my list for the Friend Safari too.

And I'm also trying to get rid of a spare Darkrai code too; quit stealing all my thunder...

(codes expire on August 31, btw)

Haha... My bad, didn't mean to step on your toes. Yeah, I'm thinking of making to make it mandatory that if I help trade you something you have to take a Darkrai code.

Thanks man for froakie and charmander appreciate it!
If anyone else wants to add me so I can build up my safari at the end let me know.

No problem. They needed a good home.

Articalys

But yeah, that's one of the things I've always found a bit awkward about the whole instant global communication stuff -- like, I could easily go to that Friend Safari subreddit and get the codes for anything I wanted, but it sort of feels as if that... defeats the purpose, or something? I dunno.

Nintendo's 3DS friending system is and always has been garbage anyway.

Added ya!
Thanks.

---------

I hope Sun/Moon backs away a bit from the whole "required mass social interaction for completionists" with Friend Safari and Mirage Spots, and just goes back to letting you find everything in your version of the game normally instead of hiding it somewhere that's not accessible on your own.

But yeah, that's one of the things I've always found a bit awkward about the whole instant global communication stuff -- like, I could easily go to that Friend Safari subreddit and get the codes for anything I wanted, but it sort of feels as if that... defeats the purpose, or something? I dunno.

Nintendo's 3DS friending system is and always has been garbage anyway.
Added ya!
You have a ditto?

Vena

ORAS has been interesting for Nuzlocke.

I was breezing through it until the second gym, but now I've started actually losing pokemon to crits and typing mismatches. The early part of the game was deceptively easy and now the trainers are also starting to catch up in levels. A lot of the Team Aqua trainers are piss-off annoying with their Focus Energy -> Crit with a thing unless I can OHKO which isn't guaranteed with rising levels.

Also... why are you able to feed Voltorb in Amie? How does it...eat?

I was in toys r us the other day and saw nice 6 inch blaziken figure. How come we don't have a nice greninja figure like that? Isn't he really popular?

Can someone help me trade a egg from one game to another?

NNID is in my profile. I'll be really grateful.

I'll give you a perfect 5 IV Dratini with a Jolly nature and Marvel Scales.

Top 8 Japan Nats teams, courtesy of GENGARboi:
Cl5wvAZUYAAruXf.jpg

I swear that the battle director from GF, who was one of the commentators, had a "We've made a huge mistake" expression on his face for a significant portion of the stream. lol

Vena

Top 8 Japan Nats teams, courtesy of GENGARboi:
Cl5wvAZUYAAruXf.jpg

I swear that the battle director from GF, who was one of the commentators, had a "We've made a huge mistake" expression on his face for a significant portion of the stream. lol

Sylveon represent!

Also, I fully expect them to nerf the shit out of the VGC rules in 2017 with how the team builds are at current.

Vena

2017 will be using Sun Moon and likely using the Regional Pokedex based on the pattern from the last two generations.

I meant the legendary/primals/megas rulesets. Watch them put Mega/Reversion (and even legendaries) on the same singular option.

Top Bottom