• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Vena

So I am totally going to give up the ghost on a build for Dragonite that I have been using online (doubles) but I wanted some external opinions:

Dragonite :: Multiscale
Naughty :: Expert Belt

EV Spread: Att - 252, Sp.A - 28, Spd - 228
Protect
Draco Meteor
Superpower
Thunder Punch

This one shots Mega Sal (28 S.A makes him able to kill defensive Sal) and Mega Ray, and even though they both outspeed Dragonite, they cannot kill him through Multiscale and then get return-killed. Two shots (and outspeeds) Primal Kyogre and survives Ice Beam. Superpower kills Mega Khan and gibs stuff like Weavile.

Obviously, Fake Out and Priority fuck with him but I have Fake Out/Quick Guard support to prevent these issues. Its all mind-games but I can't quite find anything particularly wrong with this crafted build. But I know some of us on here are far better at the crafting than my newb-ass is so I'd love some opinions!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You know people are crying about ash losing still in the Anime but when you look at the big picture this is the first time we see what a Pokémon master really is and ash is at its doorsteps and no one else is even close to him in that regard

Vena

You know people are crying about ash losing still in the Anime but when you look at the big picture this is the first time we see what a Pokémon master really is and ash is at its doorsteps and no one else is even close to him in that regard

Cynthia has existed in the anime for years. We don't need to see glimpses of a master when she most certainly is and has been *the* master in the series for a long, long time.

Heck, she's pretty much the strongest character we've ever met in the games (sans Red) or the anime.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Cynthia has existed in the anime for years. We don't need to see glimpses of a master when she most certainly is and has been *the* master in the series for a long, long time.

Heck, she's pretty much the strongest character we've ever met in the games (sans Red) or the anime.
Her and Red are the ultimate trainers, Ash is on the path of becoming something more that.

edit: it goes away if they hit reset though

Vena

Bah these Dratini are just taunting me. I have gotten three (!) 31/0/31/31/31/31 from breeding in about 100 eggs. Three!

Also if any one wants 31/X/31/31/31/31 or 31/31/31/31/31/X Dratini fodder with Multiscale and Naughty (if you care) let me know, I have a box full of them now. Otherwise I am going to do a WT dump tonight.

Mr-Joker

Banned
So I watched Ash VS Drake in the Orange league, Ash VS Gary in the Johto league and Ash VS Paul in the Sinnoh league.

Ash VS Drake;

Bizarrely I remembered the battle being a lot tougher for Ash but nope he only lost 2 Pokémon till Drake's Dragonite went to town on the rest of them.

Honestly the battle isn't bad but the animation doesn't help it and I hated how Team Rocket interrupted the battle, thank fuck they don't interrupt important battles anymore.

Ash VS Gary;

I actually enjoyed watching this battle and god damn it Heracross vs Magmar was amazing to watch, it also helped that the animation has steadily improved since the Orange Island.

I also loved it how Gary just straight up called Ash's Bayleef a jobber.

Ash VS Paul;

This is actually my third time watching this god tier battle and I had forgotten that this was a 3 part battle meaning that's roughly one and half hours spread out allowing the writers enough time so that Paul and Ash could be strategic in their battle.

But the other part why I enjoyed it was that Ash never had the advantage as Paul quickly figured out Ash's team line up and his battle strategy and used it against him, even going as far letting Ash defeat his first two Pokémon so he could crush him mentally when his Drapion began tearing apart his team. But Ash refused to give up as their training ideal was on the line as both side wanted to prove that their method was better.

Heck you could really feel that Ash's team where giving it their all and wanted to prove that they weren't weak, especially the star player Infernape who probably had a lot riding on the battle as Paul was his old trainer and was released as Paul dubbed him to be weak because he could unlock Infernape's Blaze ability something that Ash was able to do by being patient with Chimchar.

Now while the animation isn't anywhere on the level of the Kalos animé it was pretty good for all 3 battles and I felt hyped when I saw these scenes.

infernape-o.gif

Emty2V2dQYR5zYqr4HTm69Cvm544WinVfV-VIO1SBWB6RI4Jem3f00ocK5-1NFd_AMZ_uANhGA

tumblr_ma3p4llqGP1qd87hlo1_500.gif

I think for me the stars of the battle had to be Infernape and Gliscor.

Wiseblade

Bah these Dratini are just taunting me. I have gotten three (!) 31/0/31/31/31/31 from breeding in about 100 eggs. Three!

Also if any one wants 31/X/31/31/31/31 or 31/31/31/31/31/X Dratini fodder with Multiscale and Naughty (if you care) let me know, I have a box full of them now. Otherwise I am going to do a WT dump tonight.
I'll take one!

KingDirk

I wouldn't mind one! Have some 31/x/31/31/31/31 Modest Sap Sipper Goomy I can offer in return

Gengahrrr

So what are the most accesible/easy pokémon games to get into?
Omega ruby or x&y?

Honestly, I think it's a toss up.

XY has a better and larger variety of Pokemon. Gen 1 nostalgia was a huge focus.

ORAS being the most recent release, has all of the new mega Pokemon forms and smarter streamlined ways to capture Pokemon and get around the region.

Does anybody think we'll ever see a re-ordered National dex that puts the evolutions and Pre-evos that were introduced in later generations together? I know they kinda tried in Gen 2 with the New Pokedex, but that was retconned in the remakes to just be the Johto Pokedex.

Kyzer

Banned
Does anybody think we'll ever see a re-ordered National dex that puts the evolutions and Pre-evos that were introduced in later generations together? I know they kinda tried in Gen 2 with the New Pokedex, but that was retconned in the remakes to just be the Johto Pokedex.

Nope. I dont see that happening at all.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I still remember that boosted flamethrower shot even after all these years, that was some hype shit.

Yep, heck even Paul started sweating about that as he warned Electivire to finish it quickly.

Paul was a great rival and it's a shame that the Unova and Kalos animé failed to keep that going.

Unlikely as the National dex places Pokémon by generation which includes any new evolution and pre-evolution.

I need to start watching the DP seasons again sometime O: Not sure which was the latest episode I watched. I think it was the Rotom one? But I remember dropping it because they changed Dawn's and Brock's VAs here in LA.

Started to watch all of Ash's gym battles. So far I finished Johto's.
Kanto: Most of them were meh. The only ones I liked were Surge's and Blaine's (well except for the horn thing).
Johto: Now these were impressive battles (cept for Morty's and Pryce's endings). They were longer, and Ash actually used strategies to outsmart the gym leaders. Cyndaquil should have evolved against Jasmine, and Charizard was hype against Clair. Also wow, I think Ash only used Totodile in one gym battle.

And one of the few episodes I watched from the BW series included Claire searching for a shiny Pokémon, and maaaaan how have the artstyles changed.

KingDirk

Hello! I just finished the pokedex I now have all 720 pokemon on my X version!!! I also made something that I wanted to share here this week. Here is my creation from the Lego community.

Froslass made in Lego digital designer.

I hope to make it one day if not soon.

Congrats man! I am at 717 until the end of the year. Good work!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Why are people so sure that we're getting the second evos for starters along with rockruff? wouldn't that kinda take away the news from rockruff

Kyzer

Banned
I think im gonna go for a complete dex in Sun/Moon for the first time since the original 151 in Blue, which some dickhead erased for a new game when I was in elementary school. Still infuriates me to this day. Pokebank makes it worth it, I might go for a living dex just so I can just transfer up and complete the dex every gen from now on.

Why are people so sure that we're getting the second evos for starters along with rockruff? wouldn't that kinda take away the news from rockruff

one of a million "leaks" a day on vp, said we will get more info on september 1th

God I hate 4chan. you know a new game is coming out when i spend any amount of time there

Vena

This dratini breeding is fucking with me.

Four perfects. Four Shed Skin.

The mother is Multiscale, so the odds of Shed should be 20%.

Vena

DW abilities are 60%, not the normal 80%. Still bad luck though.

Ahh I thought I had read 80%. Oh well.

Edit: Jesus. Seven Perfects and Shed Skin before a girl was born with Multiscale and 6IVs. Now to breed for a male, but at least it won't take nearly as long with two 6IV parents.

Busaiku

Uhh so the copy of Emerald I got says the internal battery died or something.
I tried looking around for fixes, and what I got mostly seemed to deal with emulation.

Did I actually wind up getting a bootleg?
Tried looking it up before ordering, and it seemed to match up with legit copies. Proper logos and sparkly cartridge/box and everything.

If not, how do I fix this?

Mr-Joker

Banned
I tried looking around for fixes, and what I got mostly seemed to deal with emulation.

Tried looking it up before ordering, and it seemed to match up with legit copies. Proper logos and sparkly cartridge/box and everything.

That's normal, all my copies of the GBA Hoenn games are legit and their batteries have run dry.

The game still works fine as the battery was only used for the clock and not for saving as the GBA games use flash memories.

Daemul

If not, how do I fix this?

Ah yes, the dreaded internal battery has died message. Don't worry your copy is legit, it's just that all early gen Pokemon cartridges will eventually run into this issue because they need to have an internal battery in order to keep track of clock based events themselves instead of just relying on the handheld clock like newer gens do now.

Your game will still work fine and you'll be able to save, but berries won't grow and you won't be able to evolve Eevee into Espeon or Umbreon depending on what time of day you're locked into. If you really want a fix then you can go to this reddit page detailling how to replace the battery

You can also try this from Serebii's page

Hypnotoad

I recently got into Pokemon Y and just used Wonder Trade till now, so might try my luck here for once. FC 3454-3130-7428

Nightbird

Because there was that line about Rockruff sharing a secret with the starters, and many (me included) think it's related to their evolutions.
So revealing whatever this is about, would be the perfect opportunity to reveal the starter evolutions.

Anyone else hate how the player characters in ORAS are always smiling? Even when the earth is about to die from Kyogre's wacky tantrum, they use camera angles to prevent that goofy ass smile from being seen. It's rather unsettling.

P44

If you've got any still going with multiscale id be down.

Vena

I recently got into Pokemon Y and just used Wonder Trade till now, so might try my luck here for once. FC 3454-3130-7428

If you've got any still going with multiscale id be down.

I have started throwing out anything with only 5IVs, but I still have a box filled with them. If people want them I am available right now for it. Friend code is above.

Edit: Well I have to head out for a while, so I'll save some dratinis for later. I finally got my gender set of perfect IVs with multiscale and perfect IVs. I have a spare male (shed skin, unfortunately) and female (multiscale) with perfect IVs that I can give away as well now, they are probably level 50~ from all the time spent in the center.

P44

I have started throwing out anything with only 5IVs, but I still have a box filled with them. If people want them I am available right now for it. Friend code is above.

Edit: Well I have to head out for a while, so I'll save some dratinis for later. I finally got my gender set of perfect IVs with multiscale and perfect IVs. I have a spare male (shed skin, unfortunately) and female (multiscale) with perfect IVs that I can give away as well now, they are probably level 50~ from all the time spent in the center.

I'd love the female - I'll add you.

FC: 4055-7630-6273

Because there was that line about Rockruff sharing a secret with the starters, and many (me included) think it's related to their evolutions.
So revealing whatever this is about, would be the perfect opportunity to reveal the starter evolutions.
Also note that in the same issue there was a different blurb involving those four specific mons that was like "What will these involve into!?"

Top Bottom