• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Mr-Joker

Banned
So I started my trek through the Hoenn Victory Road, between me not remembering the route, tough trainers that heal their Pokémon and repels pretty much being useless this is gonna be a long and rough road for me and my Pokémon but we can not give up as the end is near.

GoldStarz

Hoenn Victory Road in ORAS was surprisingly easy for me because I remember being really frustrated with it in RSE when I was younger (made worse when I wiped at Wally and had to redo it), but I managed to get through it with relative ease.

Macka

Is Ash not actually catching wild Pokemon a trend in the anime these days, or was it just an XY thing? I'm still catching up, but just realized the only member of the team that he actually caught was Fletchling. Froakie and Hawlucha willingly joined, Noibat was in an egg he randomly found, and Goomy literally fell out of the sky onto his head.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Is Ash not actually catching wild Pokemon a trend in the anime these days, or was it just an XY thing? I'm still catching up, but just realized the only member of the team that he actually caught was Fletchling. Froakie and Hawlucha willingly joined, Noibat was in an egg he randomly found, and Goomy literally fell out of the sky onto his head.

it's an XY thing, the only mon he outright caught is Fletchling and it was mostly because she bullied Dedenne and so Froakie must defend the rat's owner and since it's a downed Pokemon you might as well catch it.

Hypnotoad

I have started throwing out anything with only 5IVs, but I still have a box filled with them. If people want them I am available right now for it. Friend code is above.

Edit: Well I have to head out for a while, so I'll save some dratinis for later. I finally got my gender set of perfect IVs with multiscale and perfect IVs. I have a spare male (shed skin, unfortunately) and female (multiscale) with perfect IVs that I can give away as well now, they are probably level 50~ from all the time spent in the center.

Just added your friend code. Don't really have anything of worth to offer, though, still on Route 8.

I really like the aesthetic design of Kalos, being based on France after all, and since apart from ORAS I haven't played a game in the series in 10 years, I don't mind the low number of new Pokemon - and there are so many too catch anyway - but this game is just too easy, even with Exp. Share turned off. And from the looks of it the Gym Leaders and the Elite 4 don't offer much of a challenge either. Who thought that would be a good idea?

He tried to capture a Dunsparce :p

KingDirk

If there is one thing Pokémon has taught me it is absolutely the gambler's fallacy. Been breeding for a shiny Goomy (what, I think it's fancy!) and...yeah. At least Battle Resort makes it easy for me to do while watching Bake Off.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Finally manged to make through Victory Road and man Wally is such an idiot as not only is he using Super Potion at this point of the team, seriously Wally why? But he used on his Altaria on the second turn when it didn't take that much damage from Char's Dragon Claw. ¬_¬;

I still don't get the point of Wally and I still don't care for him at all, he is not my rival.

But anyway with Victory Road done now comes the hard task of grinding my Pokémon to level 50.

Hoenn Victory Road in ORAS was surprisingly easy for me because I remember being really frustrated with it in RSE when I was younger (made worse when I wiped at Wally and had to redo it), but I managed to get through it with relative ease.

I don't remember if the trainers in the Hoenn remake are tougher but Victory Road should have been given a full overhaul than copying and pasting the original as it just felt clunky and annoying.

Makes wonder how they will handle Victory Road for the Sinnoh remake.

everybody makes mistakes

No way man, Dunsparce is awesome.

Nightbird

Does anyone has spare starters with great IV's?

Urgently needed are:

-Speed Boost Torchick
-Sheer Force Totodile
-Contrary Snivy
-Charmander

I will later need a 5th Pokémon complete my starter based team, but for now I need those 4 :/

Urgently needed are:

-Speed Boost Torchick
-Sheer Force Totodile
-Contrary Snivy
-Charmander

I will later need a 5th Pokémon complete my starter based team, but for now I need those 4 :/
I have a speed boost torchic don't know what the ivs are but can check when I get home. I also think I have a charmander that has 5 perfect ivs.

KingDirk

Urgently needed are:

-Speed Boost Torchick
-Sheer Force Totodile
-Contrary Snivy
-Charmander

I have access to Snivy and Totodile but probably iffy IVs. Am happy to breed some sometime this week if the RNG gods ever bless me my shiny Goomy. Dunno how urgent urgent is here. =)

Urgently needed are:

-Speed Boost Torchick
-Sheer Force Totodile
-Contrary Snivy
-Charmander

I have Snivy and Totodile on Pokemon X, but I don't think they have perfect IVs, but 5IVs to breed

Nightbird

I have a speed boost torchic don't know what the ivs are but can check when I get home. I also think I have a charmander that has 5 perfect ivs.

That charmander sounds great! Is there anything special you want to have for it? :)

I have access to Snivy and Totodile but probably iffy IVs. Am happy to breed some sometime this week if the RNG gods ever bless me my shiny Goomy. Dunno how urgent urgent is here. =)

I haven't set a deadline with my opponent, but I think two weeks of preparation are good, so if you're going to do this this week I can be patient :)

I have Snivy and Totodile on Pokemon X, but I don't think they have perfect IVs, but 5IVs to breed

5 IV's is great enough als long as the most important stats are covered ^^

Oh, I have all of those yeah..

I'll give you everything i have

Vena

Just added your friend code. Don't really have anything of worth to offer, though, still on Route 8.

I really like the aesthetic design of Kalos, being based on France after all, and since apart from ORAS I haven't played a game in the series in 10 years, I don't mind the low number of new Pokemon - and there are so many too catch anyway - but this game is just too easy, even with Exp. Share turned off. And from the looks of it the Gym Leaders and the Elite 4 don't offer much of a challenge either. Who thought that would be a good idea?

Heh looks like I keep missing you, anyway, just send me a PM for when you'll be available and we can schedule something out, haha.

And don't worry about giving me anything in return.

Urgently needed are:

-Speed Boost Torchick
-Sheer Force Totodile
-Contrary Snivy
-Charmander

Are you making a starters team or something, lol?

KingDirk

I would like Feraligatr to be Jolly and Snivy to be Timid please :)

And thanks again. You're awesome for helping me out. I myself suck a lot at breeding sadly :(

I am always too intimidated to battle online but I have come to do enjoy breeding a fair amount. Usually just do it for shinies, so taking a break from that (after I get this danged Golden Goomy) will be a relief!

Nightbird

Are you making a starters team or something, lol?

Exactly haha!

I've been challenged by my best friends older brother after he shit talked starter Pokémon and said that only legendaries matter, so I am preparing an starter only team to prove him wrong.

Funnily enough, the team I'm imagining so far looks good enough to try to continue working with it, which is perfect because I've been trying to get back into competitive Pokémon ^^

I am always too intimidated to battle online but I have come to do enjoy breeding a fair amount. Usually just do it for shinies, so taking a break from that (after I get this danged Golden Goomy) will be a relief!

Sounds like we are a perfect match then lol
You can breed and I can try battling with some of your breeded Pokémon haha :D

That charmander sounds great! Is there anything special you want to have for it? :)

I haven't set a deadline with my opponent, but I think two weeks of preparation are good, so if you're going to do this this week I can be patient :)

5 IV's is great enough als long as the most important stats are covered ^^

I'll give you everything i have

You can give me whatever you want I don't mind helping. I'm on the west coast and will be home after 4pm PST if you still want it.

Kyzer

Banned
People who nickname their Pokémon and trade them are my personal scum of the universe. That shit is not cute or cool.

yeah the worst that happened to me was i was helping some kid out and traded him some fodder and then when we traded back he kept my fodder and gave me crap of his like multiple wailmers named hot skitty and hahahaha . I was like yo can I just have my zigzagoons and taillows please

yeah the worst that happened to me was i was helping some kid out and traded him some fodder and then when we traded back he kept my fodder and gave me crap of his like multiple wailmers named hot skitty and hahahaha . I was like yo can I just have my zigzagoons and taillows please

You get it. I've been trying to get a English named Chandelure all freaking day and when I do get one thread GTS it's nicked named Lord or some shit I can't even pronounce.

I wish we had a Nice and a middle finger tab for people like this.

I don't trade nicknamed Pokémon but I do nickname my personal team. Gives me an opportunity to flex my pun brain

There's nothing wrong with nick names at all. It's just fucked up trading those nick named Pokémon to someone else who can't change that nick name.

KingDirk

There's nothing wrong with nick names at all. It's just fucked up trading those nick named Pokémon to someone else who can't change that nick name.

Nah, I agree. I don't *think* I have traded one with a nickname but I wanted to cover my bases if I had accidentally. =P I have received some offensively nicknamed Pokémon that I just have to treat as breeding stock.

I like nicknamed traded Pokemon, it makes the trade feel more personal. I just hate when the name is something lewd or obnoxious.

I admire you. I'm working on my living dex and I'm one Pokémon away from completing Gen 5 but keep getting nick named Pokémon in trades which drives me insane.

I have every legendary named in english and every Pokémon in my living dex are all properly named with their English name. I'm 4 pokemon away from completing the dex but missing quite a few because of name issues and trades to help out Gaffer's.

Vena

I admire you. I'm working on my living dex and I'm one Pokémon away from completing Gen 5 but keep getting nick named Pokémon in trades which drives me insane.

I have every legendary named in english and every Pokémon in my living dex are all properly named with their English name. I'm 4 pokemon away from completing the dex but missing quite a few because of name issues and trades to help out Gaffer's.

Dunno.

I got a 5IV Raltz (F) off of wonder trade ages ago in a the ball with the crescent moon on it. I used in my first play through ages ago for Y, and it was named Kira. I still have it, now as a level 100 Gardevoir. Its the only Pokemon I have ever bothered to actually keep track of too because it was a neat little guy and I was a lot younger and impressionable back then!

Dunno.

I got a 5IV Raltz (F) off of wonder trade ages ago in a the ball with the crescent moon on it. I used in my first play through ages ago for Y, and it was named Kira. I still have it, now as a level 100 Gardevoir. Its the only Pokemon I have ever bothered to actually keep track of too because it was a neat little guy and I was a lot younger and impressionable back then!

That's actually a really good nick name.

I just got a Florges nick named "Jr". Today isn't my day for trading. I'm never this unlucky.

Hypnotoad

Reading this thread has made me pick up Omega Ruby again. Going through the Hoenn Pokedex, I am missing the following to completion

-Treecko
-Lileep

Would be great if somebody could trade me those. I have nothing worthwile to offer, except for a shiny Gyarados with terrible IV's. ^_^

As for legendaries, I still need

-Latias
-Kyogre
-Jirachi

I can part with a Arceus from the recent European distribution. Since I don't look much into IV's and nature, its are as follows

-Three perfect IV's (HP, Attack, Speed)
Sassy nature, Alert to sounds

Top Bottom