• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Suairyu

Banned
Game names can have different spellings in different regions, you know. In the UK Sonic Colours has a U in it but in America it's just Sonic Colors. There's no reason it couldn't be Gray in America and Grey in all the locations that's the correct spelling in.
'Grey' is also the correct spelling in the States. It's just that 'gray' is also acceptable (but only in the US) and is more commonly used for some reason. For super-intelligent purposes, I reckon we should stick with the spelling that is correct internationally.

Boogiepop

Gah, RNG is confusing and frustrating and I feel like I'm cheating the whole time. Maybe I'll just go back to pretending it's impossible and maybe just make due with my already made and my just-need-be-EV'd/evolved pokemon, though I don't exactly have a great team. Bleh.

'Grey' is also the correct spelling in the States. It's just that 'gray' is also acceptable (but only in the US) and is more commonly used for some reason. For super-intelligent purposes, I reckon we should stick with the spelling that is correct internationally.

We spell it "gray" just to spite you.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Andrex don't do this to me buddy BROTHERS UNTIL THE END even if you hate on the musicals.

But we're all agreed that no matter what NoA decides to spell it, we are spelling it 'Grey', yes?

Also if it's going to be on 3DS I really hope Nintendo have a hardware revision ready. I don't want to buy that fucking thing as it is right now.

I've always been spelling it Gray. Works better for me.

Ok Steve Jobs

Steve Jobs would make a thread and then lock it himself.

ffdgh

Gah, RNG is confusing and frustrating and I feel like I'm cheating the whole time. Maybe I'll just go back to pretending it's impossible and maybe just make due with my already made and my just-need-be-EV'd/evolved pokemon, though I don't exactly have a great team. Bleh.

i'll agree that its frustrating sometimes. I' still trying to get a near flawless riolu from challengers cave.

edit: pro gray :p

MikeMyers

Are there any Pokemon you guys would love to use but for one reason or another are useless? I really like Stantler for some reason but i just can't bring myself to put it on my team.

Flareon.

I'm hoping Nintendo gives him a massive boost soon.

Flareon @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Adament
~ Protect
~ Flare Blitz
~ Earthquake
~ Baton Pass

LOL, if Nintendo let this happen it'd be AWESOME.

frostbyte

If I'm not too late, I think it's on 3DS, more or less the same but with added spotpass/streetpass functions and 3D.

I don't get people who think it's going to be on the DS...

upandaway

Team 3DS
Wiseblade
Exterminieren
Anth0ny
Gravijah
vectorman06
Salvadora
Mank

Team DS
Andrex
Suairyu
Professor Beef
Okay guys I need to be careful with my choice here. You might not know this, but I possess a special, lethal, sure-kill power: there's a 100% chance the outcome will be the opposite of my choice.

I'm sorry, but in this case I'm forced to pick DS. I can't risk it.

Flareon.

I'm hoping Nintendo gives him a massive boost soon.

Flareon @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Adament
~ Protect
~ Flare Blitz
~ Earthquake
~ Baton Pass

LOL, if Nintendo let this happen it'd be AWESOME.
:lol so that's the "boost" you were talking about?

I guess if we're gonna be optimistic, might as well take it all the way.

Jheromes

Neo Member
I can't see Gray AND the R/S remakes go anywhere but the DS. Gray because it's basically a slightly enhanced version of Black & White, and they need to be compatible, both in gameplay and engine.

R/S remakes because they haven't milked out the B/W engine just yet and it would be the perfect swan song for the DS, before making the enormous jump to Gen. 6 on 3DS.

Remember that D/P weren't released 2 years after the introduction of the DS, I could see them do it again.

I can't see Gray AND the R/S remakes go anywhere but the DS. Gray because it's basically a slightly enhanced version of Black & White, and they need to be compatible, both in gameplay and engine.

R/S remakes because they haven't milked out the B/W engine just yet and it would be the perfect swan song for the DS, before making the enormous jump to Gen. 6 on 3DS.

Remember that D/P weren't released 2 years after the introduction of the DS, I could see them do it again.

If it's on DS, Grey would have been released one and a half years after the 3DS came out in Japan, and two years after it came out in the west. It would be roughly similar in terms of timeframes to putting Diamond and Pearl on GBA.

As for Ruby and Sapphire... you do realise that they probably won't be released in Japan until the autumn of next year? I find it difficult to conceive of a mainline Pokemon game being released nearly two years after the successor console has come out, but 3 years would be utter stupidity on Game Freak's part.

Like it or like it not, Game Freak's going to have to embrace the future and move on long before that point. I firmly believe that the cycle that we've had for the past two generations is going to be broken this time out, simply due to the console transition.

Jheromes

Neo Member
If it's on DS, Grey would have been released one and a half years after the 3DS came out in Japan, and two years after it came out in the west. It would be roughly similar in terms of timeframes to putting Diamond and Pearl on GBA.

As for Ruby and Sapphire... you do realise that they probably won't be released in Japan until the autumn of next year? I find it difficult to conceive of a mainline Pokemon game being released nearly two years after the successor console has come out, but 3 years would be utter stupidity on Game Freak's part.

Like it or like it not, Game Freak's going to have to embrace the future and move on long before that point. I firmly believe that the cycle that we've had for the past two generations is going to be broken this time out, simply due to the console transition.
Very much true. In that sense, wouldn't it be more logical for Gamefreak to 'delay' R/S remakes (hell, there isn't even been an announcement made) to Gen. 6? Release Gray sometime this year, followed by remakes the year after etc. instead of the assumption they are still coming this gen?

I bought a 3DS last week (with HG & Plat.), so I'm good for a while, but still.

Ultratech

I'm gonna go with DS. Mostly since a ton of people still have a DS. Plus, all the 3DS people still get in on the fun.

R/S remake (if it ever comes) will probably be 3DS though.

OMG Aero

Is there a penalty/reward for being right or wrong on the platform it's on?
I'm not picking a side unless there are some stakes.

The winning team will be allowed to enjoy the game. The losers may still play it, but must keep the shame of being incorrect in their mind throughout.

Suairyu

Banned
So the Junichi Masuda big announcement was Extremespeed Pikachu?
Nope.

At this stage Team DS is so small they all automatically become PokéGAF royalty in event of victory.

Also you have to pick a side in PokéGAF arguments or you're not allowed to play.

Suairyu

Banned
Ash's Pikachu is already extremely fast. He beat a Raichu by drinking a ton of coffee and also he took the longest to get captured by Mewtwo.

Top Bottom