• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Gravijah

i think the best thing to do would have a collaboration between whoever wants to be doing the thread. last time we had the wiseblade/andrex japanese/international issue.

Suairyu

Banned
I wouldn't want to touch a Japanese release OT with a ten foot barge pole. It'd just end up being really jokey if I had to with lots of Gifs.

Yep, neither of those Kyurem are cool. Original form for life!
i think the best thing to do would have a collaboration between whoever wants to be doing the thread. last time we had the wiseblade/andrex japanese/international issue.

How about none of them get it and I make the thread?

survivor

Banned
Black and White 2? On DS?

Now I don't have to spend my almost-never-there money on a new handheld! Thank you, Gamefreak! *dances*

That's why I'm happy too. Plus that means by the time a 3DS Pokemon game will be out, there will probably be a revision already.

It's an all around great situation for me

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm cool with whoever does it as long as it uses the Google Docs form thing for friend codes.

And is preferably open source as well.

I can contribute headers and banners as well.

Suairyu

Banned
Okay, Andrex, bro, you gotta explain your love for "open source" for OTs. I don't see how they make a difference, other than making less work for you. Why would it be an issue if you weren't the OT OP?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Okay, Andrex, bro, you gotta explain your love for "open source" for OTs. I don't see how they make a difference, other than making less work for you. Why would it be an issue if you weren't the OT OP?

It becomes an issue for Pokemon specifically because these games frequently have events and updates post-release that would ideally all be included in the OP, and be up to date. That's a huge task for one person to do and 99% of OTs never get updated after a game is released, so by making a thread open source, even if the OT maker loses interest (which almost assuredly will happen if anyone but me does it) then the community can keep it in check. Specifically, it would annoy me so much if a Pokemon OP were out of date that I'd keep it up to date myself if the option were available, and the OT maker would only have to copy over my changes.

A good example of this in action is when I was lazy about European events and Wiseblade, when he was banned, added them all into the OP.

Suairyu

Banned
It becomes an issue for Pokemon specifically because these games frequently have events and updates post-release that would ideally all be included in the OP, and be up to date. That's a huge task for one person to do and 99% of OTs never get updated after a game is released, so by making a thread open source, even if the OT maker loses interest (which almost assuredly will happen if anyone but me does it) then the community can keep it in check. Specifically, it would annoy me so much if a Pokemon OP were out of date that I'd keep it up to date myself if the option were available, and the OT maker would only have to copy over my changes.

A good example of this in action is when I was lazy about European events and Wiseblade, when he was banned, added them all into the OP.
You just trying to justify your lack of Pokémon musical updates!

But fine we can open source this thing.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
SWTOR OT was semi open source and it was great.

Too bad I don't play anymore...

Uh what, the game just came out. I'm actually close to buying it.
KuGsj.gif

But now that you're not playing I guess I won't bother. PS- That reminds me: Wanna play Monhun in an hour or so? I got a couple other peeps saying they'll be on too.

What did you mean by semi-open?

You just trying to justify your lack of Pokémon musical updates!

But fine we can open source this thing.

<3

Emitan

Uh what, the game just came out. I'm actually close to buying it.
KuGsj.gif

But now that you're not playing I guess I won't bother. PS- That reminds me: Wanna play Monhun in an hour or so? I got a couple other peeps saying they'll be on too.

What did you mean by semi-open?

<3

I should be studying.....

I was doing a great job and then I started watching Pokémon Smash...

I wrote about half the OT and the other half was written by people in the pre release thread.

I'm still subscribed, I'm just a bit burnt out. I'll probably play again this summer.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I've been thinking over doing a full Pokedex challenge and looking over the various Pokedex's on Serebii. I think it's possible as long as I can find almost all the event Pokemon (I have Deoxys in my copy of Diamond) from other players. Considering how every game from Platinum on allowed Wi-Fi transfers, a lot more people have these.

Now all I have to do is buy copies of Platinum, HG, SS, Black, and White. Great...

I've been thinking over doing a full Pokedex challenge and looking over the various Pokedex's on Serebii. I think it's possible as long as I can find almost all the event Pokemon (I have Deoxys in my copy of Diamond) from other players. Considering how every game from Platinum on allowed Wi-Fi transfers, a lot more people have these.

Now all I have to do is buy copies of Platinum, HG, SS, Black, and White. Great...
I get the feeling that between BW and BW2, you'll be able to get all of them. That seems to be how it's done now (You can complete the national dex between RSE and FR/LG, and HG/SS and DPPt).

PK Gaming

So guys what would you want for Move tutors in these new games?

A whole bunch! The elemental punches, nifty moves, ROOST, move revisions, etc.

GF should absolutely NOT do 2 things:
-Give Haxorus Fire Punch (quite possibly, the worst idea ever)
-Give us a Shell Smash tutor. It doesn't seem like much on paper, but if they give it to Mew i'll be a sad panda.

Firestorm

More Pokemon need to learn Water Pledge, Grass Pledge, and Fire Pledge because they sound fun but nothing good learns it :( Also would be cool to see more Pokemon with U-Turn and Volt Switch or whatever the electric version was called.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Oh I forgot in all the excitement that I got a TCG tin today! The Samurott one, first Pokemon cards I've bought in... a long time. Came with a neat Samurott figure too, I guess this means that I can no longer say I don't have any game/anime figures like a loser... although... it's a TCG figure... hrm...

Anyways I got two of those TCG Online redeem thingies. Guess I should activate them.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I don't know how to feel right now.

Black and White 2 > Grey.

But...

3DS > DS.

As long has it has more than a Grey version would have, I'm game.

Third versions are 90% the same as the originals, whereas this is a sequel. It may have the same Pokemon, characters, and region but the scenarios will be all new.

frostbyte

Guys, I've held up on playing Black & White since I was busy during its release and decided on waiting for Grey. Since Masuda trolled so hard and not only denied me precious RSE remakes but didn't do Grey either, which version should I play in anticipation of B&W2?

Thanks in advance.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Guys, I've held up on playing Black & White since I was busy during its release and decided on waiting for Grey. Since Masuda trolled so hard and not only denied me precious RSE remakes but didn't do Grey either, which version should I play in anticipation of B&W2?

Thanks in advance.

White

Wiseblade

Thanks in advance.

Black

PK Gaming

BTW, anyone keeping tabs on DW abilities? I'm patiently looking forward to Flash Fire Typhlosion. It sucks that GF completely skipped over gen II (though they might be saving them for something else)

Suairyu

Banned
So guys, I want to ask this away from the madness of the actual B/W2 thread.

Conceptually, do we prefer the idea of a two-version direct sequel to a "director's cut" third version? Even if it adds no new Pokémon?

I think I do.

Top Bottom