• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Kokonoe

Banned
Crobat
Hitmonchan
Kabutops

Can't think of any others at the moment.

I think for Crobat the issue is just the strange crossover with light pink and dark green. If it had a more suitable inside wind color, it'd be a lot better.

Hitmonchan would've been nice if they didn't change it's main color to that strange yellow green. Just new gloves would be interesting, but an actual decent color overall would have been better.

Kabutops isn't entirely terrible, but it suffers from what a lot of Pokemon Shinys have in common. Weird Green or Weird Pink.

The Dusknoir shiny. Completely ruins the awesome shiny versions of Duskull and Dusclops.
I can't say that shiny is terrible, but I do dislike it when there is one shiny I like from a Pokemon theme, and it changes on a certain form.

Tauros
Krookodile (Man he looks evil as a Shiny)
Hydregion

Tauros weird green syndrome

Krookodile looks like crackers and cheese

More weird green syndrome + orange.

Garchomp (I can't even tell)
445.png

Samurott (looks the exact same except with gross puce-coloured shells)
503.png

Woobat (it looks like a winged snot ball)
527.png

Garchomp suffers from the slightly tinted color syndrome.

Samurott's Shiny reminds me of some kind of Gameboy game played on Gameboy color where you alter the color scheme since it doesn't have a color in the first place. It looks like one of the color schemes on it. But yeah, bad.

Weird green syndrome for Woobat.

I've only ever had 2 shiny pokemon, and this is one of them.

319.gif

The original colour looks much better. :(

I think it's just the specific type of pink they chose that is wrong here. Too gaudy.

Woah, man. Pimpkrow is probably my favourite Shiny.

I think it's a little too bright for a crow personally. If it was darker, or a different shade I would like it more.

227.gif

The best.

That is pretty rad.

208.gif
038.gif

My pride and joy, of course they were probably clones.

Those are really nice, but my issue with the Steelix one is that it isn't gold enough. Still great, but a missed opportunity in my book.

The more I look at this List of Shiny Pokemon, the more I notice how much weird green and weird pink shinies there are.

Another thing I really dislike with Pokemon shinies is that a lot of em also have a slight tint from the original color, so it's hard to notice it's even shiny at all.

I guess for me to make a list, it'd just be a huge list of slightly tinted, weird greed and weird pink. So I guess I won't make a list.

I'm beginning to think Gamefreak got really lazy with the Shiny Pokemon, but least there are some gems.

Huge List Of The Greatest Shiny Pokemon (not in any order)

bm4Ro.png
uCmbH.png
6v8BQ.png
9Ju8g.png
f1vHg.png
19JQ6.png

h28nc.png
imhuW.png
mH7U8.png
n4j31.png
Mnhyr.png
byTdl.png

CIeZz.png
enaz0.png
QAOIq.png
wDjIG.png
WSWti.png
tpvmz.png

eNupS.png
yCmzM.png
BfcoD.png
qD3MQ.png
aQvkI.png
1jPPs.png

Bw232.png
3mfA6.png
F938U.png
GnClW.png
p3J3X.png
qzvys.png

C62Qa.png
Q8VgG.png
tv3AT.png
PIywY.png
JBrEc.png
Co1VW.png

HXF3n.png
TUA0C.png
gzNJ8.png
cGzND.png
rEX7Y.png
Y7AOl.png

EvFi2.png
afoRm.png
doDYE.png
aKFno.png
Df21i.png

1CSjH.png
50fLS.png
zJLNd.png
oyBy3.png
CStEX.png
lJC9f.png

xO1WQ.png
hqvIp.png
dsMjr.png
yFTd3.png
z0ZNH.png
zD6PE.png

8cO2b.png
iyoYN.png
prBe7.png
wgRPt.png
1sL6Y.png
60O14.png

RD1LJ.png
aBzV7.png
itWv3.png
cQTQs.png
cg28M.png
wni0b.png

N3Yky.png
W7e7G.png
i2s4L.png
GQ2Al.png
JA62v.png
HSvpg.png

Fyiys.png
hS1rX.png
oigRu.png
wGU0l.png
K2z5Z.png
OFPbv.png
78.png
77.png

I don't like Shiny Roselia. Looks like it's diseased, especially with its pale-green body and the one dark grey rose :s They could have had a badass Roselia with purple and yellow roses! It's so sad that it's my only shiny left.

My favourite shiny is probably Ponyta, just because of the simplicity. It really looks rare. I like when shiny's have one feature changed instead of a random swap of all their colours.

Spr_4p_077_s.png

upandaway

The shinies I have are the usual suspects (Gyarados, 3 dogs, Black Rayquaza) from events, and a Gigalith. Love my Rayquaza, I went through so much shit to get that one.

My favourite shiny is probably Ponyta, just because of the simplicity. It really looks rare. I like when shiny's have one feature changed instead of a random swap of all their colours.

Spr_4p_077_s.png
Yeah, Ponyta is really really good. No clue why they changed the color on Rapidash (it's good too, but not as good as Ponyta).

Kokonoe

Banned
On a random note, I like Kirlia more than Gardevoir.

The shinies I have are the usual suspects (Gyarados, 3 dogs, Black Rayquaza) from events, and a Gigalith. Love my Rayquaza, I went through so much shit to get that one.

Yeah, Ponyta is really really good. No clue why they changed the color on Rapidash (it's good too, but not as good as Ponyta).

I kinda like it because it's meant to be smoke.

^_^

Also, shiny Metagross is one of the best things ever. And Glalie is lookin' pretty good! Also, Emboar :)

And the requisite black ones, of course.

GimMick

Huge List Of The Greatest Shiny Pokemon (not in any order)

bm4Ro.png
uCmbH.png
6v8BQ.png
9Ju8g.png
f1vHg.png
19JQ6.png

h28nc.png
imhuW.png
mH7U8.png
n4j31.png
Mnhyr.png
byTdl.png

CIeZz.png
enaz0.png
QAOIq.png
wDjIG.png
WSWti.png
tpvmz.png

eNupS.png
yCmzM.png
BfcoD.png
qD3MQ.png
aQvkI.png
1jPPs.png

Bw232.png
3mfA6.png
F938U.png
GnClW.png
p3J3X.png
qzvys.png

C62Qa.png
Q8VgG.png
tv3AT.png
PIywY.png
JBrEc.png
Co1VW.png

HXF3n.png
TUA0C.png
gzNJ8.png
cGzND.png
rEX7Y.png
Y7AOl.png

EvFi2.png
afoRm.png
doDYE.png
aKFno.png
Df21i.png

1CSjH.png
50fLS.png
zJLNd.png
oyBy3.png
CStEX.png
lJC9f.png

xO1WQ.png
hqvIp.png
dsMjr.png
yFTd3.png
z0ZNH.png
zD6PE.png

8cO2b.png
iyoYN.png
prBe7.png
wgRPt.png
1sL6Y.png
60O14.png

RD1LJ.png
aBzV7.png
itWv3.png
cQTQs.png
cg28M.png
wni0b.png

N3Yky.png
W7e7G.png
i2s4L.png
GQ2Al.png
JA62v.png
HSvpg.png

Fyiys.png
hS1rX.png
oigRu.png
wGU0l.png
K2z5Z.png
OFPbv.png
78.png
77.png

Great taste ! I have only a shiny Boldore which could qualify for this list.

IMO the most offensive shinies are the one very similar to the normal colors. Some shinies might have some poor color choices, but at least they were trying to do something different. But cases like Garchomp are just trolling from the developers :(

Also, shiny Metagross is one of the best things ever.
Only shiny that I seriously tried to catch, using the PokéRadar method. I failed miserably as I couldn't even see the moving grass patches with the sandstorm :lol
:'(

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Tiggerkiddo, I'm going to have you to kindly not post in this thread until you change avatars.

Hey, PokeGAF. I haven't played Pokemon since Superior Silver but I'm getting ready to jump in when B2/W2 hits in October. Any big changes mechanically going from Gen 4 to Gen 5? I recall reading that TMs are unlimited use now. :)

Going to have to relearn how to RNG abuse so I can get some kickass legendaries from my Gen 3/4 games. Which ones are the most useful in Gen 5 play?

Top Bottom