• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
1H1Zz.png

Needs a name!

Hamburger Helper

Oh wait too long

I'm looking for some help on a Pokemon game here. This thread seems to be the place to ask, I hope I'm not mistaken.

I'm playing through Soulsilver at the moment, and my experience with Pokemon games consists of this game and Green Leaf, if memory serves. I had no problem on the first gen game apart for the final fight and the insane grinding I had to do to win it.

But Soulsilver is another story. I beat all 8 gym leaders and must now capture Lugia.
My problem is, I have a so hard time with the game that I don't know if I'm playing it 'right'. Level-wise it feels like banging my head against a wall. I can't seem to follow 10 minutes of plot without having to spend hours on fights to be in the level range of the boss fights. I had to redo the kimono ladies several times for example. And now I see Lugia is lvl 45 and my most advanced Pokemon is 38...

Well, I have no problem with experience grinding, but where do you think I should do it ? Wild Pokemons are not really experience-friendly in general, my phone contacts rarely propose a fight, how can I buff my little team ? (of adorable losers ^_^)

Same thing happened to me, except I couldn't even beat the Kimono girls. I hated that fight and I hated my piece of shit Meganium. I ended up trading SS for HG and now I'm playing it and actually having fun with my <3 Croconaw and Growlithe <3

don't ever google image search pokemon gym leaders unless you want horribly drawn hentai

This will be the second time today that I foolishly remove safe search and regret it...
Magnezone what the hell are you doing to Jasmine?! really I can't help but laugh at the absurdity of what i've just witnessed.

I thought that was like the second law of the internet. Don't remove safe search off google unless you want to see the true depths humanity can sink to.

Back to Pokemon, I was wondering just what some Pokemon (Like Dratini, Magikarp, Feebas etc) would look like if their evolutions actually resembled the previous ones.

LeleSocho

Banned
I thought that was like the second law of the internet. Don't remove safe search off google unless you want to see the true depths humanity can sink to.

Back to Pokemon, I was wondering just what some Pokemon (Like Dratini, Magikarp, Feebas etc) would look like if their evolutions actually resembled the previous ones.

Dratini=Serperior
Magikarp=Seaking
Feebas=Magikarp

Actually I would have expected Dragonair to evolve into something like Gyrados as opposed to Magikarp. It probably wouldn't look as vicious but you get the idea.

MikeMyers

Actually I would have expected Dragonair to evolve into something like Gyrados as opposed to Magikarp. It probably wouldn't look as vicious but you get the idea.

Imagine an alternate universe where Magikarp evolved into Dragonite, and Dragonair evolved into Gyarados.

And Metapod into Venomoth!

But blue?

God damn it I can never get over how he makes me think of The Joker. >.> Was it ever explained why Rayquaza looks like a toy?

Something like it. At least keeping within the serpent/dragon like theme going. How does it go from a harmless looking serpent to a smiling European dragon? Least it keeps the harmless theme going.

GooeyHeat

What about Remoraid/Octillery? That may be the biggest one. Well, besides the Butterfree/Venomoth mixup.

Top Bottom