• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Tyranitar I think is a big example of something that is probably much better in game than competitively. Slower than molasses but if you don't knock him out with your first hit, everything just starts to fall before him. I imagine that awful speed is a killer otherwise.

Should have kept him as Larvitar though, he was cuter then.

But also with two crippling 4x weaknesses. It's interesting how Pupitar has its 4x weaknesses to two types (Grass and Water) reduced to 2x upon evolution and has another elevated from 2x to 4x (Fighting). Quite the transformation indeed.

OMG Aero

That's fine, I guess. I'm more afraid of genwunners and kids who will vote "herp derp Mew(two)" and "derp Reshiram's on the box so I should vote for him."

Since the winner gets their own shirt, I'm rooting for Deoxys, Kyogre, Darkrai, Rayquaza and the Regis to win.
Hahaha you think Arceus isn't just going to win again.
That's adorable.

backlot

Tyranitar I think is a big example of something that is probably much better in game than competitively. Slower than molasses but if you don't knock him out with your first hit, everything just starts to fall before him. I imagine that awful speed is a killer otherwise.

Tyranitar is one of the top competitive Pokemon actually. Sandstorm buffing his special defense makes him bulky enough to take a few hits so speed isn't a huge issue. Or you can just run choice scarf.

Hahaha you think Arceus isn't just going to win again.
That's adorable.

Good point. I forgot he won that "most popular Pokémon" thing recently. Stupid thing; why does it have to be so strong?

And grr at Scrafty being demoted to UU. Who do I have to kill go get him back where he belongs?

Half the reason of watching pokemon is to figure out how to pronounce half of them, so many i've got wrong and no doubt still do get wrong.
The other half is so you can actually see Pokemon characterised outside of their basic sprite form and pokedex entry.
Well my reasons at least.

For hilarity purposes my original and wrong pronunciations for the 3 roaming beasts.
En-tie (Entei, should be pronounced En-tay I think)
Sue-coon (I clearly had no idea with this one)
Rai-co (sounds like a Raichu corporation)

frequency

English language is ridiculous. How can anything be pronounced correctly when the same letter combinations can be read so many ways? Worst language.

カ

Is that katakana or kanji? Can't tell because that character is in both!
It'll have to be in context, lol
カ 力
Which one is "chikara", and which is "ka"? CHOOSE WISELY

I think you have 'ka' there, though.

---

I pronounce it sui kun / sui kyoon, depending on how I'm feeling that day.

frequency

カ

Is that katakana or kanji? Can't tell because that character is in both!

"Letter" vs. "word".
Context.

Letter without context same English.
A.
Is letter "A" alphabet or "A" like "Pokemon is a game"?

And never mistake in spoken language. But lots mistake for English.

C
See
Sea

I
Eye

Many words many ways to say.
Niche
Present
Object
Sewer
Bow
Live
Subject
Data
Via
Tear

Many words same reading.
They're, Their, There
Buy, By, Bye
Two, Too, To
Four, For, Fore
Right, Write, Rite
Weather, Whether

Not even mention backwards grammar.

English is impossible for learning. Worst language.

Well, I just told you one of them.

There, your lesson for today :)

Can also be pronounced "riki", and "ryoku"
[...]English is impossible for learning. Worst language.
I dunno how it seems from the outside in, since I already know it, but I suppose it can be a bit difficult :p

---

I'm thinking of redoing Emerald Version, but it's in a box somewhere. Hope the battery is alright (like 7 years, whoa).

Emitan

"Letter" vs. "word".
Context.

Letter without context same English.
A.
Is letter "A" alphabet or "A" like "Pokemon is a game"?

And never mistake in spoken language. But lots mistake for English.

C
See
Sea

I
Eye

Many words many ways to say.
Niche
Present
Object
Sewer
Bow
Live
Subject
Data
Via
Tear

Many words same reading.
They're, Their, There
Buy, By, Bye
Two, Too, To
Four, For, Fore
Right, Write, Rite
Weather, Whether

Not even mention backwards grammar.

You win (−_−;)

Reich

Playing Pokemon Black .. starting the main game.

Anyone can help? ^^

FC is : 1678 9793 8226

Looking for low levels poks :

- Snivy
- Oshawott
- Zorua
- Deino

PM pls.

Wiseblade

You win (−_−;)

So weak.

English is a simple language to learn. You can stumble you way through it like an idiot falling down a flight of stairs and people will still understand you 99% of the time. You think I could go randomly dropping words in Japanese and still have people immediately know what I'm talking about?

frequency

So weak.

English is a simple language to learn. You can stumble you way through it like an idiot falling down a flight of stairs and people will still understand you 99% of the time. You think I could go randomly dropping words in Japanese and still have people immediately know what I'm talking about?

Fish valid could suit only car dog under discover know television book face high at key noodle tall focus search down find golf found year west currently chair different bus power but community heavy free shoe train rate lead late yes pillow cake hair tiger right heard she make save throw how fence step wrong a long going the option yam shirt tree first and red music triangle cup cat cord grown soft close commercial spoon sleep left rain photo is round link price result time world series pattern volume but frog bath there mine clue magic week market for video mean yellow board over said country shop dollar why restrict sale account burger tool up shipment new lost almost log money far when two.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Fish valid could suit only car dog under discover know television book face high at key noodle tall focus search down find golf found year west currently chair different bus power but community heavy free shoe train rate lead late yes pillow cake hair tiger right heard she make save throw how fence step wrong a long going the option yam shirt tree first and red music triangle cup cat cord grown soft close commercial spoon sleep left rain photo is round link price result time world series pattern volume but frog bath there mine clue magic week market for video mean yellow board over said country shop dollar why restrict sale account burger tool up shipment new lost almost log money far when two.

Dude I know bus prices are getting way too expensive these days, but sure I'm down for some mcdonalds after we swing by the bank. It's a bit rainy though so grab a coat.

LeleSocho

Banned

yes

Esura

Banned

My German teacher and Spanish teacher expressed their discontent with the English language as well when I was taking those classes awhile back but in my mind I couldn't comprehend that because I couldn't comprehend the stuff they were teaching me. :p

All those years and fluent in nothing but English. T_T

Tyranitar is one of the many Pokemon that every team designed around weather has to have a contingency plan for. And even then, he has fucking DRAGON DANCE to up his semi-decent speed and already high attack. He's just as good in-game as he is competitively.

NOT LIKE SCRAFTY THOUGH, WHAT A WUSS FUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFU

Top Bottom