• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

You can post clean fanart here, but try to restrain yourself from posting too much and diverting discussion. Current rule is a maximum of three images per post. You are free to post to your heart's desire in the Pokémon Art Thread. It shouldn't need repeating, but dirty fanart is not welcome here.

In the OP.

Kokonoe

Banned
Why bother when this thread, that's for anything Pokemon related, is still thriving and has regular visitors?

Because it doesn't matter, there's already a thread for that specific thing. I don't recall the themes of which are being posted a subject that for a Pokemon thread.

You mind telling me why it's needed to post the characters from Pokemon in a Bikini in this thread?

Emitan

I guess I should go dig up the Pearl thread to talk about my latest playthrough because a thread for it already exists. I'm sure discussion will naturally shift over there.

Kokonoe

Banned
Dead thread to dead thread?

Subject 1: Pokemon Game
Subject 2: Images of enlarged breasts of female Pokemon characters, same characters showing a bit more skin than usual, discussing the aspects of this.

So by Pokemon Community thread, is this what you're hoping to see when you come here?

Emitan

Subject 1: Pokemon Game
Subject 2: Images of enlarged breasts of female Pokemon characters, same characters showing a bit more skin than usual, discussing the aspects of this.

So by Pokemon Community thread, is this what you're hoping to see when you come here?

Fan art doesn't go to another thread just because you don't like the content.

Oh so this happens quite a bit? That's great to know. And to backup Koko's point again...

You can post clean fanart here, but try to restrain yourself from posting too much and diverting discussion. Current rule is a maximum of three images per post. You are free to post to your heart's desire in the Pokémon Art Thread. It shouldn't need repeating, but dirty fanart is not welcome here.

And a lot of these characters are underage...blah blah blah...let's go back to talking about how evil Venasaur and Alakazam are!

wgU51.gif

I honestly don't if other art is allowed here besides art you don't like.

People in this thread were complaining about SCREEN CAPS FROM A CARTOON FOR CHILDREN here.

If you're trying to stealth-diss me, I wasn't complaining about them. I was just leaving because the conversation had the potential to become uncomfortable.

OMG Aero

I guess I should go dig up the Pearl thread to talk about my latest playthrough because a thread for it already exists. I'm sure discussion will naturally shift over there.
Well...
Discussion about the individual games themselves, and discussion of their online, should go in each game's official thread. Note that this only applies to games from Generations 4 and 5: Diamond/Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver, Black/White, and Black 2/White 2.

People in this thread were complaining about SCREEN CAPS FROM A CARTOON FOR CHILDREN here.
Well the art that Kokonoe doesn't like is skirting Andrex's second rule so it isn't just a case of "I don't like it, don't post it here".
So, can we add "arguing about which fan art is appropriate to post" to the thread cycle?
Okay so we've got arguing about fan art and I think generation tier lists are enough of a main stay to make the cut, what else goes in the thread cycle?

Kokonoe

Banned

The subject here is specifically what I discussed the last time it was brought up.

Examples.

1270370956980unzyx.jpg

Long hair master race. Should we dedicate every day to a different girl? How do we want to do this?

ccnn4.jpg

Yeah... i like it.

Yea...I'm not too fond of these types of fan art myself, But you are going about this the wrong way, that is just putting off the people who would post these kind of pics anyway. Suggesting for people to post in a thread that's been inactive for months never results in anything nor an overly blunt attitude. Maybe if a new fanart thread was started or something, but I can tell you now that Izayoi and Boney are just gonna post whatever the fuck they want so long as it's in line with TOS, especially in Boney's case to rile you up.

Kokonoe

Banned
Yea...I'm not too fond of these types of fan art myself, But you are going about this the wrong way, that is just putting off the people who would post these kind of pics anyway. Suggesting for people to post in a thread that's been inactive for months never results in anything nor an overly blunt attitude. Maybe if a new fanart thread was started or something, but I can tell you now that Izayoi and Boney are just gonna post whatever the fuck they want so long as it's in line with TOS, especially in Boney's case to rile you up.

I'm not riled up at all, and I didn't figure anyone else was. I've also approached this subject before. (the rest is on that link)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=39196760&highlight=#post39196760

Okay, I'd like to say something. This is a Pokemon Community thread, and what's been going on the past two pages is something I would not expect to see in such a thread.

There is a time and a place for whatever conversation this is, but I don't believe treating this thread as a chat room for distasteful conversation is proper. It's very unappealing to come into this thread and see fixation on characters, and it's probably a bit immature too.

I apologize if this sounds rude, but I mean what I say.

And to be quite honest, I haven't been very blunt as I respect people have their tastes, but this thread isn't the place for that. The people who post these images frequent the IRC(what I mean is it can go there), the rule in this thread says to keep it in that thread, and not only that, but this is a Pokemon Community thread.

As I've said before, is it really important people discuss their sexual preferences over fictional characters in this thread? When I get an answer to this question and why, I'll understand.

Until then, I see it as nothing more of a subject that is best suited for a different location. Some members here don't like, I'm just saying I don't like it "here".

I don't know why but i just never really got bothered at all about this speed stuff, in any gen. so it's interesting to here other people state this stuff.

Okay so we've got arguing about fan art and I think generation tier lists are enough of a main stay to make the cut, what else goes in the thread cycle?

I'd say that list wars, next-Gen speculation, and RéBURST hate are prevalent enough to warrant a spot in the cycle.

I'm not riled up at all, and I didn't figure anyone else was. I've also approached this subject before. (the rest is on that link)

As I've said before, is it really important people discuss their sexual preferences over fictional characters in this thread? When I get an answer to this question and why, I'll understand.

Until then, I see it as nothing more of a subject that is best suited for a different location. Some members here don't like, I'm just saying I don't like it "here".

The very act of responding to this topic again and directing this thread towards this topic is what I mean by riled up, next time just ignore it, change the topic, let it go away in a way that doesn't make you look like a moral guardian governing how others post or make a new pokemon fanart thread (just a few suggestions). Importance is subjective and some would say that these fictional characters being pokemon characters makes it something to be discussed in this thread ( I'm not saying I believe this).

Anyways back to pokemon speed or something!

Kokonoe

Banned
The very act of responding to this topic again and directing this thread towards this topic is what I mean by riled up, next time just ignore it, change the topic, let it go away in a way that doesn't make you look like a moral guardian governing how others post or make a new pokemon fanart thread (just a few suggestions).

I'm responding because this is an issue I and a few others have here. It's also a rule of this thread not do so as such. I also haven't received a single explanation of why it's important because people seem to think it's important for this thread and this thread specifically that it must go here and nowhere else.

Morals would be me trying to say you're wrong for liking what you like, I'm saying this is not the place for sexual preference discussion and imagery. This isn't a topic that's exclusive to this thread, people know.

Importance is subjective and some would say that these fictional characters being pokemon characters makes it something to be discussed in this thread ( I'm not saying I believe this).

Anyways back to pokemon speed or something!

I know what you're saying here, but this could open a can, so to speak, of a full world of unruly content that is far worse than what's being posted here by that logic. I know it isn't yours, but if it's others, yeah.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So a member on the PokeGAF Thread threatened me with bodily harm for telling them that it's illegal to post fan-art there. I told them that I was going to report them to the mods when they logged on, but they stopped posting (I'm not sure if they were honestly had to log off to do something or if they did because I told them that).

I've had Swift (A move that never misses) miss on me a few times. I think Flamethrower did as well. You just stare at the game and just move on.

Top Bottom