• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

I know what you're saying here, but this could open a can, so to speak, of a full world of unruly content that is far worse than what's being posted here by that logic. I know it isn't yours, but if it's others, yeah.

Sometimes the only winning move is not to play at all.

Kyogre gets my vote. Sorry.

That's fine, I guess. I'm more afraid of genwunners and kids who will vote "herp derp Mew(two)" and "derp Reshiram's on the box so I should vote for him."

Since the winner gets their own shirt, I'm rooting for Deoxys, Kyogre, Darkrai, Rayquaza and the Regis to win.

The beasts all suck though. This is high grade bullshit.

Keep in mind that most of the people voting are probably kids who got introduced to Pokémon through HG/SS and/or think the Beasts look cool. I have a feeling that the winners of each bracket will have more to do with mainstream exposure than good design or usability.

This does not bode well for the future.

Kokonoe

Banned
Oh, that's why. The art used is from FireRed while that art is used from HeartGold.

Either way, I've always liked Zapdos and Articuno a lot.

Keep in mind that most of the people voting are probably kids who got introduced to Pokémon through HG/SS and/or think the Beasts look cool. I have a feeling that the winners of each bracket will have more to do with mainstream exposure than good design or usability.

This does not bode well for the future.

But the beast aren't cool looking. It's bullshit I tell you!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
little_garden_by_orioto-d55twio.jpg

via GAFer Orioto.

Izayoi

Banned
Subject 2: Images of enlarged breasts of female Pokemon characters, same characters showing a bit more skin than usual, discussing the aspects of this.
Are you making fun of Gardenia's flat chest? You meanie!

Get ready though, this shit is HYPER SEXUALIZED.

1279141625232cuxet.jpg

12791428229836wz1v.png

Sickening.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm wondering if the pic is in Sinnoh because of the Shellos, but the trailer in the upper right looks kinda like Gold/Ethan, and the actual environment seems like Kanto to me.

Madao

in the odd chance that someone might still be filling their pokedex 3D, i'll ask here:

it is just my game or did the 3 daily pokemon that get downloaded randomly stop? i had to start over my pokedex 3D since my old 3DS was stolen and now i'm stuck at 103 for the past 3 days.

Kokonoe

Banned
Looking at the image reminded me of a subject I haven't thought about since the 90s. I remember the Pokemon Anime in the episode where the SS Anne gets sunk, there appears to be normal fish as in not Pokemon fish.

I wonder if animals and Pokemon coexist, or maybe it was retconned. I'm thinking if it wasn't, just small things like insects and fish exist.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Looking at the image reminded me of a subject I haven't thought about since the 90s. I remember the Pokemon Anime in the episode where the SS Anne gets sunk, there appears to be normal fish as in not Pokemon fish.

I wonder if animals and Pokemon coexist, or maybe it was retconned. I'm thinking if it wasn't, just small things like insects and fish exist.

Now if there are only pokemon, what is the meat that everyone eats? :p

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Animals_in_the_Pokémon_world

MikeMyers

I wonder how PokeGaf feels about Scrafty being moved down to UU.

Thankfully my boys Gengar, Gyarados, and Salamence are still OU. DD + Outrage + Moxie wreckage for the win.

Kokonoe

Banned
I have a specific team I like to use in Pokemon games, and it doesn't really change when they move up or down in tiers. Experience and strategy with the team proves to be more effective for me.

MikeMyers

I think it was the latter.

I have a specific team I like to use in Pokemon games, and it doesn't really change when they move up or down in tiers. Experience and strategy with the team proves to be more effective for me.

I meant for online usage.

In-game I just use my favourites Pokemon, and a lot of Pokemon that are good competitively are crap in-game anyway.

Kokonoe

Banned
I meant for online usage.

In-game I just use my favourites Pokemon, and a lot of Pokemon that are good competitively are crap in-game anyway.

I'm talking about that as well. Well, not specifically random battles, though. I just mean player vs player in-general.

Although I did change one member on my team, I got rid of Raichu.

Top Bottom