• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Wiseblade

Firestorm said:
i woke up at 6:30am to follow vgc stuff today
goddamn
Oh yeah, US regionals are in the winter. I always think of VGC season as the summer. What sort of teams have people been using this year?

If the UK tournament isn't too far north, I'll definitely be going this year.

Firestorm

Wiseblade said:
Oh yeah, US regionals are in the winter. I always think of VGC season as the summer. What sort of teams have people been using this year?

If the UK tournament isn't too far north, I'll definitely be going this year.
They used to be May to June. This year we have November and April. We don't know teams yet as there arent really TVs and most didn't say their teams. The reason I got up is to help coordinate update efforts.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3457679

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Syph Medwes said:
Hey is there a particular site that you guys get your Pokemon avatars from?
I was thinking it's time for a change and am looking for Black (as in the character) avatars but am having trouble finding any good ones.

http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=touya_(pokemon)

My current one is from this comic:

1qmsz.png

Thanks for the input everyone; think I finally decided on one.
And while I was checking out that site that Andrex posted, I found this:

QjVKv.png

Perhaps it's been posted before by one of you but it looks pretty funny either way.
not that I can read it though lol

Gravijah said:
female veterans in bw are the coolest

veterans are so hilarious.

Veteran:"I've been pokemon training for 10 years!" -and looks in their 30-40's-
Me-"Well I've been pokemon training for 13years!" - is 19-

Andrex has torn this thread asunder with that analogy.

Another note: I was once a part of the fire faction, but i refuse to be a part anymore after triple fire/fighting (yes I know the other 2 factions have also had 3 of the same typing ,3 pure water and 3 pure grass, but at least that wasn't 3 in a row).

Boney

Banned
Water is definately the most consistent, except for that ugly mudkip

Professor Beef said:
mhmm

Also, oh noes at fire being paired with a good attacking type, woe is the fire camp
aww

fire fighting was cool the first time, second was repetitive and the 3rd is oh my god why

Wichu

I'm not too keen on that Pokésho art - the ugly aliased outlines ruin it IMO :(

Project Amethyst sprites for life!
497-serperior-371.png
6-charizard-5.png
395-empoleon-284.png

254-sceptile-197.png
257-blaziken-200.png
260-swampert-203.png

It's just over half done, though 5th gen is still woefully incomplete. Here are my recent submissions:
518-musharna-440.png
609-chandelure-441.png

upandaway said:
Man I would really like to see a higher-quality Charizard in his Yellow pose (aka the best Charizard sprite ever)
It looks like he's rubbing his tummy because he just had a good meal. That doesn't sound very threatening.

Top Bottom