• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Conquest |OT| Gotta conquer 'em all

My L button only really works when I press it really hard and with my finger fully covering it. Dunno what's up with those silly shoulder buttons, they're sort of bad.

The game uses them for some quick navigation, but every L/R action has a touch screen or the d-pad alternative.

When I press my R button it sort of remains pushed down so I have to grab it underneath its edge and pull it back up. No idea how Nintendo could mess up so badly on those buttons.

Thanks for the response, looks like it won't be any issue then.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
I got this the other day and its everything I feared & expected it would be. A true blue SRPG!! I'm about 2 hours into it and conquered 4 castles already. I've heard the games supposed ta be pretty easy overall compared to others in the genre but I'm still expecting it'll ramp up and leave me desperately plowing through a guide >.<! Do PKMN all only get 1 attack? If so that'll at least make memorizing what kinda threat they are easier. And whos idea was it to allow attacking your own teammates?? I mistakenly did that a couple of times now and had to restart battles cause of it!

Boney

Banned
I got this the other day and its everything I feared & expected it would be. A true blue SRPG!! I'm about 2 hours into it and conquered 4 castles already. I've heard the games supposed ta be pretty easy overall compared to others in the genre but I'm still expecting it'll ramp up and leave me desperately plowing through a guide >.<! Do PKMN all only get 1 attack? If so that'll at least make memorizing what kinda threat they are easier. And whos idea was it to allow attacking your own teammates?? I mistakenly did that a couple of times now and had to restart battles cause of it!

uh did they die when you attacked them?

If you couldn't attack your allies, multiple tile moves would be incredible broken.

game's pretty awful though

game's pretty awful though

ee9073fc50c7b0f472ded37f92b23807.gif

Kazerei

Banned

The main story is pretty easy, yeah. The post story keeps you on your toes, but it's not too hard.

Pokemon only get 1 attack and 1 passive ability. Don't forget abilities, they are pretty important. You can check enemy Pokemon's info before battle and during battle, btw.

Sora_N

I started this last night, conquered the Grass Kingdom on the way to work. Fun game so far, relaxing to me. I usually get overwhelmed when I play SRPGs, I've never really finished one. I hope I end up finishing this one. How long is the main story?

Wiz

I started this last night, conquered the Grass Kingdom on the way to work. Fun game so far, relaxing to me. I usually get overwhelmed when I play SRPGs, I've never really finished one. I hope I end up finishing this one. How long is the main story?

About 12 hours on average. Took me 17 because I wanted to be overpowered and grind a lot.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Magikarp can't even attack... so pathetically sad yet making 'em splash around anyways pretty funny!

uh did they die when you attacked them?

If you couldn't attack your allies, multiple tile moves would be incredible broken.
Yup thats why I reset >.< they coulda made 'em not broken while not hurting your own team somehow or at the very least issued a warning like "be careful not to attack your own teammates!"

The main story is pretty easy, yeah. The post story keeps you on your toes, but it's not too hard.
Does the post-game extend the story? If not I prolly won't worry about it.

About 12 hours on average. Took me 17 because I wanted to be overpowered and grind a lot.
Grinding to be overpowered? Thats my style to! But right not the grindings not going to well! Illusio & Terrera are well above my power level yet my grinding gains are pretty dinky lately. I assume you can level up your farms/caves/etc to get higher level PKMN to battle for more exp but how? It dun seem to be a delegation choice like I'd thought it would be. 5 hours in and I'm stumped!

That feel when I evolve all 6 warriors at the same turn... whew.
Hows evolution work in this one anyways? Its only happened once so far and I dunno why!

Uhhh I've gotten back into this recently. I got a Beldum for Tadakatsu, and that spreadsheet says it evolves at 64 defense. His Beldum is at 72 defense and not evolving. I try taking it into battles and increasing its energy and everything. Also the number 72 is blue for some reason. What's going on?

Also I had another question. I'm trying to get Zorua. I know you find him in a random wild battle with Kotaro in your party, but how common is that? Can I just start a battle and reload if it doesn't appear? Do I need to be in Yaksha or upgrade my facilities or something?

Blizzard

Banned
I still want to get back into this, but I don't know the answer to your questions. I hope by now I didn't miss all the wifi events. :X

upandaway

Dunno about the first one but for the second one, it's tricky because Zorua "disguises" himself as another Pokemon both on the kingdom screen and inside the battle. After you hit him once he changes back. I encountered one by pure luck when I entered battle to get some trainer.

I don't remember if he disguised as a Pokemon already in that battle or as a different one altogether.. but I think you're safe to only go into battles that have at least 2 of one Pokemon.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
No clue if anyone is still playing this... but I have a random question - when I check to see if I have episodes available to download, but they're all grayed out, does that mean that I've already downloaded the episodes?

I haven't picked up the game since... well, the summer, so I don't remember if I picked up any of this stuff. lol

Blizzard

Banned
Just a reminder, there are 5 online episodes you can download, and if I understand correctly, some or all of them will be discontinued tomorrow.

So, if you want to download them, go to the wireless option on the intro menu (before starting the game), choose download, and select a mission. Repeat it up to 4 times until all of the missions are grayed out.

Presumably this means you will be able to play the missions even after the online event stuff is over, though I have not personally verified this.

Also, it would suck if I had finished the main story and then been unable to download that one event. :/

MicH

I played this a bit when it first came out, but it never really "clicked" with me. When I heard that the downloadable episodes were about to be discontinued I quickly downloaded them and decided to give the game one more try... and now I'm HOOKED! Man, this game is awesome. Just finished conquering the first seven kingdoms and I'm now taking a break from it. Such a great game! Also, I love that you can evolve, haha.

Sora_N

I played this a bit when it first came out, but it never really "clicked" with me. When I heard that the downloadable episodes were about to be discontinued I quickly downloaded them and decided to give the game one more try... and now I'm HOOKED! Man, this game is awesome. Just finished conquering the first seven kingdoms and I'm now taking a break from it. Such a great game! Also, I love that you can evolve, haha.

Why do they only support it with online for 5 months it's bs for fans who couldn't afford anything for a while.

Wait...there were downloadable episodes? It's saved on the cart right? I got sidetracked with other games, but this game was fun. Must download those later. :)

Roto13

Just a reminder, there are 5 online episodes you can download, and if I understand correctly, some or all of them will be discontinued tomorrow.

Apparently these didn't get taken down. Which is good, because I didn't hear they were being taken down until this afternoon.

Sora_N

I just tried connecting, says nothing to download. I remember I downloaded a few before, how do I access those missions?

Top Bottom