• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Conquest |OT| Gotta conquer 'em all

How do you change Pokemon? I have a bunch of dudes with multiple pokemans but I don't see an option to switch.

I checked the manual and also didn't see anything in there.
I believe what you have to do is select the castle you have them in--scroll to the info option--choose the character whose Pokemon you want to switch and the option to switch should be in there.

Busaiku

I haven't really bothered to get the Best Links for my standard Warriors yet, currently still on the 1st story (close to Nobunaga).
I've pretty much just been grinding with their current Pokemon and getting those to level up and whatnot.

Are there Pokemon from this story that I can miss out on the future episodes?
Or should I worry about Best Links and stuff later and just get those Pokemon pumped?

balddemon

Banned
Uhhh. So I have Yoshihiro, the fighting guy, and his Conkeldurr isn't evolving no matter what I do. I have two other Conkeldurrs that I made evolve. I got the bug guy to evolve his Pineco. So what's wrong with this guy? Also I think I satisfied the conditions for his own evolution, so why isn't he evolving either?

Well, Conkeldurr is the final evo of that line anyways :p

But if you mean Gurdurr, you might have to get his Attack stat higher or something. I'm not sure, I got one Conkeldurr and switched to Machamp lol.

Also, Warlords don't evolve until post-game.

edit:
serebii said:
Warlords Combat | Raise the Pokémon to a specific Link % and battle against a Warlords and defeat it | Machoke, Kadabra, Boldore, Haunter, Conkeldurr

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
We got like 5 copies at my local Gamestop. Probably because we had like 10 reserves, I guess.

Still wondering if I should go ahead and buy it now even though I won't have anything to play it on until the XL. Definitely seems to be hard to find.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Some of the Pokemon in this game seem...pretty broken.

I got Carnivine, Gyrados, and Darmanitan all very easily, the former 2 with their Best Link Warriors, and they kick-ass. Carnivine is actually GOOD with Levitate in this game, where it's worthless in the main games, and he's got high attack and Vine Whip does a lot of damage it seems. Same with Gyrados, who kills everything with Aqua Tail, and can lower Speed and Range of multiple Pokemon. And then Darmanitan's Fire Blast destroys shit too.

Aselith

I believe what you have to do is select the castle you have them in--scroll to the info option--choose the character whose Pokemon you want to switch and the option to switch should be in there.

Yeah, I finally got it. That is ridiculously awkward. What the hell.

balddemon

Banned
Beat Dragnor
and the final battle
with the following team:

Flareon - this guy is a beast. 200+ damage to neutral resist. ~80% link

Machamp - cross chop doesn't hit often due to Machamp's low speed, but it is amazing.

Frosslass - shitty, really didn't do much and I only got it for Aya because it's her Perfect Link. Probably didn't help it was gotten like 5 minutes before I fought Dragnor lol

Dragonite - eh, not as good as I wanted it to be. Speed is too low. Took maxing it's link level at 70% to evolve it and it already had 500 (!) strength. Absurd. My Flareon has 510 at 83%ish.

Wigglytuff - I don't know why I didn't switch this POS out for anything else for Oichi, but rest assured she's only here because she has to be, lol.

Gengar - Shadow Ball is absolutely amazing, kills everything, similar to Flareon's Fire Fang. Pretty fragile though.

Switch out Flareon for
Arceusand that's my team for the final battle.

Frosslass and Wigglytuff were useless. Gengar died quickly
in the 2nd fight.
Dragonite and Machamp missed a bit too much to be really useful, but they hit when it mattered I guess.

Soloist

Neo Member
Actually I'd like to know this too. Is it the main story all over again like NG+, or a continued story on the main game right where you left off?

Nope, the MC's episode basically functions as another episode. Once you complete it you just go back to the episode select screen.

OK I have another question: I'm right about to conquer the final kingdom. Some warriors have started appearing that have Perfect Links that I don't really have access to yet, like Beedrill and Croagunk. Am I better off just leaving them be and not recruiting them? Do I lose anything if I leave them unrecruited?

EDIT Or, is there any chance that I'll get a brief reprieve after conquering dragon land to go in there any maybe find an Axew or two for the warriors that need them, before the episode ends?

Utako

Banned
I'm getting into a nice groove at kingdoms 8 & 9, and enjoying this immensely. Definitely best PKMN game since Generation 1(or maybe 2).

upandaway

Serabii has them all, including the Japanese ones (I doubt they'd work but there you go).

http://www.serebii.net/conquest/passwords.shtml
Oh alright. Seems it's locked right now so I'll do it as soon as I can.

Anyway I was playing and all, it's really fun.

Just like other games that count days/turns or whatever (like Pikmin 2), I'm afraid I won't be able to resist the temptation and just "abandon" months when something goes bad, and dump them on training. Like, if something was not PERFECT on one day on Pikmin 2 I'd just say fuck it and start farming new dudes until the next day.
It does seem to have an anti-grinding setup though (with the resets between campaigns) so we'll see. In fact it just looks really anti-completionist, which is a bit weird for a Pokemon game.

Blizzard

Banned
OK I have another question: I'm right about to conquer the final kingdom. Some warriors have started appearing that have Perfect Links that I don't really have access to yet, like Beedrill and Croagunk. Am I better off just leaving them be and not recruiting them? Do I lose anything if I leave them unrecruited?

EDIT Or, is there any chance that I'll get a brief reprieve after conquering dragon land to go in there any maybe find an Axew or two for the warriors that need them, before the episode ends?
No ending kingdoms/spoilers please, but I suspect finishing the last battles/kingdoms will immediately end the main story, so finish any evolutions you want before then. As far as I know, warriors will have a chance of showing up in later stories so there's not a requirement of getting them in the main story. It would really suck otherwise.

lingiii

Banned
No ending kingdoms/spoilers please, but I suspect finishing the last battles/kingdoms will immediately end the main story, so finish any evolutions you want before then. As far as I know, warriors will have a chance of showing up in later stories so there's not a requirement of getting them in the main story. It would really suck otherwise.

All of this is true.

balddemon

Banned

well after the last kingdom is conquered you can go back and do stuff

Qurupeke

I've pre-ordered it. I don't understand why it was announced silently for Europe, when some days ago there was a Nintendo Direct. At least, it's finally coming here

By the way, are there any downloadable episodes in Australia?

balddemon

Banned
At the start of the hero's story, Motonari and Motochika stand in the way. But these impressive Warlords can become allies in this episode.
Their specialties are Grass-type and Water-type Pokémon respectively, and they have the chance to support the hero.

Download times: June 18th - December 31st, 2012
How to download: Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection

•The event will appear only before you reach the first ending sequence.

so does that mean since i beat the game already i can't get this episode? :(

balddemon

Banned
Whoa, that would be a really weird decision. :/ I'm also interested in confirmation about this.

yeah i just downloaded it, says "This event can only occur during the story The Legend of Ransei."

in comparison, i also downloaded Ranmaru's story and it says "You are now able to play Ranmaru's story, "A Fate Born of Beauty".

SaberVulcan

So I beat the main story and have been doing the little side missions. I feel I fucked up not getting the perfect link on anyone. I had 3 guys 3-5% away, and now it seems... much more difficult to match certain requirements, or the side missions are just too short.

upandaway

yeah i just downloaded it, says "This event can only occur during the story The Legend of Ransei."

in comparison, i also downloaded Ranmaru's story and it says "You are now able to play Ranmaru's story, "A Fate Born of Beauty".
I also tried downloading both. I'm still in the main story, right after I beat the fighting kingdom.

When I downloaded Ranmaru's story it said "will be available after the main story", when I clicked on the other one, it just kicked me off to the title screen and said nothing and nothing popped up.

Could it be that you need to be at the START of the main story? This is so wrong if that's it.

Phazon

Just to let you know. I've contacted the PR people of Nintendo of Benelux two weeks ago and they said that the game will be out in the Benelux, because we always get UK-versions of Pokémon.

Blizzard

Banned
I also tried downloading both. I'm still in the main story, right after I beat the fighting kingdom.

When I downloaded Ranmaru's story it said "will be available after the main story", when I clicked on the other one, it just kicked me off to the title screen and said nothing and nothing popped up.

Could it be that you need to be at the START of the main story? This is so wrong if that's it.
Weird, maybe (hopefully?) it's bugged. :/

backlot

I downloaded the event while playing the main story and all that happened was I recruited them after some random battle. There were no actual episodes as far as I could tell.

balddemon

Banned
I downloaded the event while playing the main story and all that happened was I recruited them after some random battle. There were no actual episodes as far as I could tell.

At the start of the hero's story, Motonari and Motochika stand in the way. But these impressive Warlords can become allies in this episode.
Their specialties are Grass-type and Water-type Pokémon respectively, and they have the chance to support the hero.

so i guess they are just other warlords you can get, with grass and water specialties. For those interested, their Perfect Links are the 2nd and 3rd evos of
Snivy and Oshawott

Kazerei

Banned
Regarding the Motonari and Motochika event, I downloaded it during the main story. At the start of the next month, they joined my team.

Blizzard

Banned
Regarding the Motonari and Motochika event, I downloaded it during the main story. At the start of the next month, they joined my team.
Still odd that they would add a limitation that would prevent you from completing your gallery, if that's the case, if you beat the main game too fast. Especially when "too fast" is like 12 hours played in a few weeks. :p

Kazerei

Banned
Still odd that they would add a limitation that would prevent you from completing your gallery, if that's the case, if you beat the main game too fast. Especially when "too fast" is like 12 hours played in a few weeks. :p

There are post-game episodes featuring Motonari and Motochika, which I assume will unlock them (they were already unlocked for me). In the end, I don't think anything is missable.

upandaway

Yeah, today I continued and a few months afterwards (not the next month), they just wanted to be recruited.

What threw me off was that literally NOTHING said I got it enabled after I clicked it (unlike the other download). At first I didn't even know that the fact I recruited them was thanks to the download. But oh well.

If you delete your save, can you just redownload or reactivate all the events? It certainly doesn't work like that in the normal Pokemon games, so be careful whoever deletes his save.

Blizzard

Banned
There are post-game episodes featuring Motonari and Motochika, which I assume will unlock them (they were already unlocked for me). In the end, I don't think anything is missable.
So just a way to unlock them earlier then? That's not so bad, thanks.

I agree about deleting saves -- don't do it if you've already done events since you might not get to do them again.

Here's a helpful tip that evaded me at first and might help you guys if you haven't noticed it too.

After beating the main story, and you start tackling the extra missions, sometimes you get stuck by not doing enough early enough or whatever...
You aren't locked into that story until you either win or lose, you can choose leave the story and either restart it or start a different one.

Choose 'quit' from the start menu which will abandon progress on that mission and take you back to the extra mission selection menu.

Saved me a lot of frustration with the 100 pokemon mission that I messed up in.

upandaway

I wasn't gonna say it because of embarrassment, but here we go

1. Got 3 underleveled battles (hard and long as hell) + recruiting 2 roaming warriors (good ones), also evolved 2 Pokemon
2. Now let's be really dumb and not save
3. Now let's be even dumber and put the DS in my pocket in this state

few hours later

4. "huh? did I have something in my pocket? what's this weird..-" *push* *pop*
5. MOTHER OF NIDORAN

I wasn't gonna say it because of embarrassment, but here we go

1. Got 3 underleveled battles (hard and long as hell) + recruiting 2 roaming warriors (good ones), also evolved 2 Pokemon
2. Now let's be really dumb and not save
3. Now let's be even dumber and put the DS in my pocket in this state

few hours later

4. "huh? did I have something in my pocket? what's this weird..-" *push* *pop*
5. MOTHER OF NIDORAN

That's harsh.

Something similar actually happened to me just last night.

*grinds Yoshimoto up to 2nd stage; takes 2 hours*

*goes to see The Amazing Spider-Man with 3DS in sleep mode in pocket*

*comes out 2.5 hours later and realizes light is red and flashing*

*opens 3DS to save; power immediately goes out*

*cries quietly*

Seriously, do NOT evolve Yoshimoto's Pineco unless you're ready for one heck of a grind. Gyro Ball is awful in this game.

Busaiku

Luxray easily has to be the worst evolution in this game.
I mean Luxio had a strong Discharge that could hit 8 tiles with 100% accuracy, but now I have something that can only hit 1 target, 3 blocks away, with crap aim.

I mean Luxio had a strong Discharge that could hit 8 tiles with 100% accuracy, but now I have something that can only hit 1 target, 3 blocks away, with crap aim.

also misses 50% of the time

For those that are interested, here's an interesting PBS special I found about the real Ieyasu, Nobunaga, and Hideyoshi.
It's an interesting concise overview into the dynamics between them in their pursuit to unify Japan. 55 minutes
http://youtu.be/VmJwBV_iJRQ

Not only that, but
Ginchiyo's
Perfect Link is with Luxio, NOT Luxray...so if you evolve Luxio the highest she can get with Luxray is 98%. So weird.

As with any Warlord, their Perfect Link's final stage is the Perfect Link of their second form. If you want Ginchiyo to evolve, get 65% link with Luxray while Muneshige is in a different nation.

Pikma

Banned
Guys, why is this game so hard to find right now? is it selling THAT well? or it's more of a low shipment matter?

upandaway

I'm just wondering, but how do things work in the aftergame (after completing all the stories)? Does it just end and I have to start over? Or do I get free control of the map which has no enemies aside from wild battles?

Top Bottom