• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saya

I'm running out of Pokéballs. :eek:

When I started I had like 50.

I thought getting them would be trivial, but now I have only 6. Latest Pokéstop I used rewarded me with 3 balls only.

Any tips?

Any pokestops nearby? If you're not planning to do gym battles, I'd just delete all potions and revives and stock up on pokeballs. Don't delete your lures, incences, and lucky eggs.

dity

Really? How sure are you? Any potential places would need to stay off way clear of any normal boards or Nintantic could easily find them for the C&D.

Nori-chan! How ya been buddy?

Browns suck, Chargers suck xD

They're hosting the bloody code on Github of all places.

Nori Chan

Really? How sure are you? Any potential places would need to stay off way clear of any normal boards or Nintantic could easily find them for the C&D.

you know

catching balls, something nothing our receivers will do

Been watching the pokemon dev discord the last few days. They cracked the code. People already have bots sadly. I just want my scanners back.

I'm running out of Pokéballs. :eek:

When I started I had like 50.

I thought getting them would be trivial, but now I have only 6. Latest Pokéstop I used rewarded me with 3 balls only.

Any tips?

get the pogomaps app, look around your town for a high concentration of pokestops...maybe even up to a city or two away...then go there and just walk around from pokestop to pokestop and farm items

JavyOO7

Ok, I could probably dig through thousands of posts and find an answer, but no luck yet.

Could someone please point me to a calculator, or site, or themselves explain HOW I know a Pokémon's "IV"??? Also, what does it mean...what should I do with it?

I need it explained or guided in the truest form of a noob that knows nothing at all about it.

Googled it and sites/results i found just skimmed over it. They were no help.

I use Poke assistant calculator. https://pokeassistant.com/main/ivcalculator

I'm sure there are others.

The explanation they give is...

Each type of Pokemon has a base set of attributes for Stamina, Attack and Defence. Each specific Pokemon is "born" with it's own IV (individual values), that further increase these stats by 0-15 extra points. You can not change the IV's, not all Pokemon are born equal.
These IV's make small differences in the final power of a Pokemon. For example, the base attributes of a Charizard are 212, 182, 156. This would be the "worst" charizard available where all IV's are zero. With max IV's, a Charizard would have 227, 197, 171. Each of these Atk, Def and Stam values for Charizard are only 7-10% better.
Nonetheless, if having the absolute best Pokemon is critical to you, this tool wll help you find the hidden IV values that your Pokemon has so you can decide to keep it or try for something better.
This tool uses the two following formulas and the inputs you provide about your Pokemon to attempt to identify its IVs:
HP = (Base Stam + Stam IV) * Lvl(CPScalar)
CP = (Base Atk + Atk IV) * (Base Def + Def IV)^0.5 * (Base Stam + Stam IV)^0.5 * Lvl(CPScalar)^2 / 10
Note that Pokemon have hidden levels and each level requires two "Power-Ups", this tool will display Level 4.5 if your Pokemon has had one Power-Up after level 4.
Major credit to u/__isitin__ for digging up the data.
Huge thanks to trainer JarydC for getting the javascript for this across the line at the 11th hour, and to Ciuff and Nylonee for getting the ball rolling.

Refining Results
There can be many possible IV's that would produce the Pokemon you have. You are able to narrow down the Pokemon by leveling it up OR evolving it, and submitting the new details to this tool
After your first search, a new "Refine" button will appear. Power-up the Pokemon once OR evolve it, observe its new CP HP and Dust Prices, enter the new details, then click "Refine".
The "Refine" process will automatically identify if you evolved the mon (species changed) or if you powered it up. But only one at a time. Don't attempt to evolve and powerup between submissions, or powerup multiple times between submissions. The tool assumes you're taking it one step at a time.
Some Pokemon can have their IV's identified immediately, other will require up to 5 Power-Ups to know exactly which IV set it has. Regardless, you should know within 0-1 powerups if it's "close to perfect".

Pokemon with 10CP or 10HP
So these are a bit fo a pain. Niantic rounds up those formulas above to 10 if they ever score below. So if you put in a Rattata you just caught, with 10CP and 10HP, you'll find that it can have 4096 possible IV combinations and be anywhere from 0-93% perfect.
Unfortunately, for some Pokemon, that's just the way it is, you can not know if it's good a good set of IV's or a poor set until you Power it up a couple times.

Decided to go ahead with my mass evolution and got to level 20! Added some pokemon to the pokedex as well:

Arbok
Fearow
Ivysaur
Clefable

Currently at 91/92

Atomski

Yay the game is finally out in Thailand. Found a few Pokemon down in town but up in the rural mountains where I live I couldn't find shit lol. Waaa

Nightbird

mt2E0iR.jpg

pzzwppQ.png

I am convinced that this is the same person with two different accounts.

Report for cheating or not? What do you guys think?

Joco

I told myself wasn't going to do it, but here I am, looking at all my Pokemon with IV calculators. Which one do people recommend? I've been using Pokeadvisor and TheSilphRoad's IV rater so far.

Also disappointed to hear that you can't hatch Pokemon from eggs that are region exclusive. For a game about "catching them all", making traveling to other continents necessary for a complete collection seems like a bit much.

Edit: Just used the automatic Pokeadvisor feature for calculating IV. Very handy, but now I'm seeing different IV's for some of the Pokemon I had already calculated. For example, my Rhydon that I had calculated to be 93% now reads as 77%. Why the discrepancy?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Absolutely the worst moves a Seaking can have, and Seaking is pretty bad generally. A Seaking can be situationally useful with Megahorn and Poison Jab due to certain Type bonuses, but even then, it's a Pokemon with 0 STAB moves and middling CP growth.

(You never know when another rebalance could happen of course, but I wouldn't be throwing my stardust at him)

Thanks for letting me know. I won't upgrade him now. Ugh, at lvl 19 and I have pretty much nothing decent for battles.

Seattle trip so far has been great. Catching more Pokemon that is uncommon in my area in Los Angeles. Found two magikarp lure farms and met some great people. On my way to getting a Gyarados soon. Looking forward to my NYC trip as well.

Also hatched a 10k egg, a 1700 Snorlax, my strongest Pokemon, but it only has body slam, for shame. I'm starting to battle gyms now and I find them fun. I also get some decent xp as well. Not as fast as catching Pokes but it's more fun.

Joni

Not sure if there are any Belgium Gaffers here, but this is what our Zoo in Antwerp looked like last Friday. Absolutely crazy. About 10 000 ~ 15 000 people were hunting Pokémons.

However due to the amount of people present, actually playing the game was a very difficult task....
It sucked. Nothing good spawned.

Are egg Pokémon supposed to have higher IVs?
Yes, because of a glitch pokemon low on the dex can't have good iv in the wild.

Kinokou

I have been checking a Horsea on Pokeassistant and due it's high potential I powered it up a bit to have a more precise range, however the range keeps jumping between 20 and 150 possible combinations with a maximum potential flying between 80 and 90s. What's going on? should I have kept an eye on the average?

weekev

Banned
I hatched my first egg and got a ponyta, pretty happy with that. Level 7 now with 26 unique Pokemon caught. I am about to go back to work after a lengthy bout off with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and can see this game help me build my fitness levels back up after not been able to do too much for the past 3 months.

Two new countries were added recently and lo and behold, it resulted in no server issues. Everyone was expecting it but it never came. Why? Because there was also no trackers.

Besides, prepare for all those days of decryption to be for nothing.

In the post you quoted, I literally said that the severe server issues predated the ubiquity of scanners. Millions of people weren't using Pokévision in the first week or two when the game was barely playable. Also, the servers were handling the traffic just fine these past few weeks, even during peak scanner usage. Hell, when the supposed "Japanageddon" hit, which was after scanners hit the scene and Pokévision was well known the servers wound up handling it all quite well.

The difference is 1) the servers are generally just in better shape anyway, and 2) Niantic cut down the number of map data requests significantly (from once a second, to 5 seconds, to once every 10) which had a far greater impact than blocking scanners ever did.

What's all these % things you guys are talking about? I don't see it on my Pokemon.

The percentage is how close the Pokémon's combined IVs (hidden stats) are to perfect. Most of them are using PokéAdvisor, which gives an exact value pulled right from the servers, though some people use online calculators to get a rough idea of the IVs.

What's all these % things you guys are talking about? I don't see it on my Pokemon.
IV means individual values. It's an individual Pokémon's genes. It's hidden but you can calculate it or use third party websites such as pokeadvisor. The higher the %, the better.

The way it works is that a species of Pokémon will have certain attributes (such as high HP like Snorlax). IVs are the variation within a species of said Pokémon on top of the base stats and it's random like genes.

Been saving since launch and finally evolved my top quality squirtle through to Blastoise. Ended up with Bite and Ice Beam.

:(

I pray for the ability to change moves one day, haha.

ElyrionX

The percentage is how close the Pokémon's combined IVs (hidden stats) are to perfect. Most of them are using PokéAdvisor, which gives an exact value pulled right from the servers, though some people use online calculators to get a rough idea of the IVs.

IV means individual values. It's an individual Pokémon's genes. It's hidden but you can calculate it or use third party websites such as pokeadvisor. The higher the %, the better.

The way it works is that a species of Pokémon will have certain attributes (such as high HP like Snorlax). IVs are the variation within a species of said Pokémon on top of the base stats and it's random like genes.

Thsnks guys. I checked out Pokeadvisor. They asked for a Google authentication key.p before I can view my stats. That's normal right?

Anyway, I got a 87% Eevee. Is that a good one to focus on upgrading?

Koren

Typically speaking, yes. The higher the IVs, the higher your ultimate CP. Of course, movesets also play a factor, so an 81% with meh moves would probably prove less useful than a 79% with great moves. But yeah, 80%-and-up is usually solid. :)
Are the "good" moves the same ones from the "normal" games?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Thsnks guys. I checked out Pokeadvisor. They asked for a Google authentication key.p before I can view my stats. That's normal right?

Anyway, I got a 87% Eevee. Is that a good one to focus on upgrading?

Yeah you need that key to login. 87% is definitely good.

I have only battled once and I'm lvl 19. Even my small town with 2 poke stops has a gym with a high level Lapras/Snorlax. I keep checking, but everything I encounter is way above what I have. It sucks that there's such a high barrier to battle.

So basically for all the low IV duplicates, I should be transferring them? What if their CP is high?

IVs mean nothing if you don't plan on using stardust to level up to their max level. IVs are just a means to figure out a pokemons best potential CP, but at any given moment the CP is what it is. People are planning for an end game when it comes to IVs.

ElyrionX

IVs mean nothing if you don't plan on using stardust to level up to their max level. IVs are just a means to figure out a pokemons best potential CP, but at any given moment the CP is what it is. People are planning for an end game when it comes to IVs.

Hmm ok. So basically, low CP low IV Pokemons are insta-transfer but high CP low IV or low CP high IV depends on what you plan to do eventually?

Also, jumping leaves on the map indicates Pokemon spawns?

Hmm ok. So basically, low CP low IV Pokemons are insta-transfer but high CP low IV or low CP high IV depends on what you plan to do eventually?

Also, jumping leaves on the map indicates Pokemon spawns?
Yeah it depends. If one of two of the same Pokemon has lower IVs but higher CP, it just means it's at a higher level. If you have no real intention of leveling up further, go with the already higher CP.

As for the leaves, I haven't paid much attention to it but i think it means there could be a Pokemon there but not always.

Pachimari

Can FINALLY evolve one of my Eevee's!

By the way, there are two players at lvl 34 at my nearest gym. How do I report cheaters anyway?

Vuze

Just saw the news about the pgoapi <3
God bless these talented RE folks. Setting up a new personal map scanner now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom