• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azole

Neo Member
I'm kinda done with this game. The whole 6+ pokeballs to catch a low level pokemon is ridiculous.

I am only a 15-20 minute drive from my downtown. Going there with my brother and spend 20-30 minutes driving around and hitting pokestop will yield me 100+ pokeballs. Currently at 450 pokeballs.

Firemind

This game is bleeding out pretty fast.

The new "nearby/sighting" function is still as shit as the previous one. Now it all depends on how many Pokestops you have close to you. If you have 2 ... we'll, you are pretty much fucked.

I live in a city called Breda ... it's located in the Netherlands. Sure, i'm able to find Pikachu, Bulbasaur and Squirtl ... but that's about it for the "rare" type of Pokemon. I've been playing this game for 3,5~4 weeks now and havent even SEEN a single Snorlax, Onix, Arcanine, Raichu or any other "rare" type Pokemon for that matter.

The complete lack of rare Pokemon is killing this game for me. I know it's location based and I know many of you on NeoGAF find these rare Pokemons with ease ... but right now, for me, it's no fun at all. The gyms in my city are littered with Arcanine's, Snorlax, Charizard ... all with a CP of 2000+. That's fun and all and I admire those who actually HAVE those type of Pokemon but it does make me wonder;

HOW are these people able to actually have these kind of Pokemon? Is it GPS spoofing? Or pure luck with 5 or 10 KM eggs? I've seen a guy (whose nickname I wont give) who was in every gym nearby. 2500+ Snorlax here, 2500+ Charizard there, 2000+ Dragonite over there and it just keeps going.

Niantec should really start doing something about this. This, and not being able to catch or find any rare Pokemon is starting to ruin the fun.

For example; I took over a gym last night which had 6 1500+ Pokemon in it. Was a pretty hard (but fun) battle nontheless. After I dropped my Magmar (1400 CP) in it the gym was under attack right away. I took a look around and saw NOBODY in the area. There are no houses, flats nearby. Now, unless there actually are Turtle's playing Pokemon Go in the sewers, I'd say there's plenty of GPS spoofers (or hackers) active.

TL:DR
Please Niantec, think about those who live in "smaller" cities compared to San-Fransisco, Florida or Los-Angeles. We love to play your game ... but something needs to be done against hackers or the spawn-rate of certain Pokemon
I have a colleague who lives in Deventer which is also in the middle of nowhere. He just started two weeks ago and he's already lvl. 25 with multiple Snorlaxes, Gyaradoses and a Dragonite above 2000 cp. He walks 3-4 hours every day and uses the train as commute. If you really want to you could do it. Me, I'm lazy as fuck so I just take it easy. Also I'm frugal and unlike me, he gives zero fucks about a Pokemon's potential. I have 300k stardust and I still haven't gotten something with 95% perfection. :lol

Pachimari

Just a word of warning to everybody running a personal map or similar: Niantic is handing out IP bans now if more than one account connects from the same IP (say, mapper account + play account), duration etc is unknown for now.

Not sure if this applies to scenarios where more than one legit player connects per IP, but I'd be wary until we know more.
So I shouldn't log into the IV calculator?

I'm also having no luck with my hatchings anymore.

Vipu

Banned
Just a word of warning to everybody running a personal map or similar: Niantic is handing out IP bans now if more than one account connects from the same IP (say, mapper account + play account), duration etc is unknown for now.

Not sure if this applies to scenarios where more than one legit player connects per IP, but I'd be wary until we know more.

I want to know too, does this count to those IV calculator sites?

Chaos17

How do you know that ?

This game is bleeding out pretty fast.

The new "nearby/sighting" function is still as shit as the previous one. Now it all depends on how many Pokestops you have close to you. If you have 2 ... we'll, you are pretty much fucked.

I live in a city called Breda ... it's located in the Netherlands. Sure, i'm able to find Pikachu, Bulbasaur and Squirtl ... but that's about it for the "rare" type of Pokemon. I've been playing this game for 3,5~4 weeks now and havent even SEEN a single Snorlax, Onix, Arcanine, Raichu or any other "rare" type Pokemon for that matter.

But thats pretty much how it is. In bigger cities you may find several nest here and there, but rare pokemon are always rare. The vast majority of Snorlaxes you see come from eggs btw.

Just go out and ask people if they know about any nests. Once you find a nest of a good pokemon its easy to have a CP2000+ Pokemon.
For example when I found an Growlith nest I spent like 5-6 hours there and had almost 100 Growlith candy. Then I evolved the strongest one and upgraded it further, now I have 2000+ Arcanine. Unfortunately I didn't know about IVs back then and evolved the one with the highest CP, its only 48% perfect.

Same thing with an Exeggcute nest, a Magikarp nest.
Thats 3 pretty strong Pokemon already, 3 days of work and traveling about 30km for each one of them.

This sounds like bullshit or a (highly ineffective) disaster waiting to happen. What about households with multiple players? One person uses a mapper and everyone's banned? What if someone uses a mapper at a popular public hotspot, or in a dorm or other on-campus location? Way too many cases for potential collateral/false positives. Plus, there's plenty of cases where they wouldn't catch what they're looking for. If someone's using a mapper on their home computer that they're accessing from their phone on the go, they wouldn't catch that for example. And any fully web-based trackers/mappers would send the host's IP to the Go servers, not the user's.

Oxx

Last night's run was apparently my fastest ever.

I managed to catch 5 pokemon while I was going, so clearly I must have been slacking in all my runs before the game came out.

(Obviously this roughly 5km run didn't even hatch a 2km egg).

Wait what about people who both play in the same house?

(beaten)

mugwhump

Source?

I've always expected them to start limiting the number of requests from a single IP, but I'm surprised by bans. Unless they're only banning detected mappers.

Vuze

How do you know that ?
Source?

I've always expected them to start limiting the number of requests from a single IP, but I'm surprised by bans. Unless they're only banning detected mappers.
My mapper account got banned for ~20min and couldn't be unbanned using the Pokestop spinning trick and I also couldn't log in/play using my actual play account on my phone (neither could my brother). So I assume it was an IP ban?
I didn't restart the mapper just to be safe and it seems to work now.

Wait what about people who both play in the same house?

(beaten)
I won't risk trying, told my brother to ask me before he logs on until we know more.
I can't imagine they would do this though.

Pop

Gotta give credit to Niantic. My buddies and I were able to find almost all the pokemon on our sightings list. Works so much better now.

Not talking about the pokestops sightings. Also I too noticed more different pokemon around this small town.

Pachimari

I'm seeing a more varied selection of Pokémon around my place after the update. Just caught a Dratini and Geodude here, and they have never been here before. Just one more Geodude and I can evolve him too. Can't wait for my mass evolve later today.

Pogobag seems to be down?

Dinjooh

I'm seeing a more varied selection of Pokémon around my place after the update. Just caught a Dratini and Geodude here, and they have never been here before. Just one more Geodude and I can evolve him too. Can't wait for my mass evolve later today.

Pogobag seems to be down?

Nah, it works - just needs a refresh.. or ten.

T.O.P

Banned
Same, shitload of new pokemon spawning around me

Coming from the pidgey/spearow/zubat only at the start is a fantasic change

Vipu

Banned
Does anyone else have this when sometimes that pokeball loading thing in left top corner gets stuck and have to restart??
Usually when im at work it happens like every 30min - 2h maybe

Pop

Does anyone else have this when sometimes that pokeball loading thing in left top corner gets stuck and have to restart??
Usually when im at work it happens like every 30min - 2h maybe

Happened twice tonight. Reopening the game fixes the problem though. It's like the servers get hung up.

BowieZ

Banned
Anyone else having issues where their first ball is launched out of orbit? So annoying and sometime costly. Or my screen is fucked but I doubt it.

Anyone else having issues where their first ball is launched out of orbit? So annoying and sometime costly. Or my screen is fucked but I doubt it.

Went for a walk for over an hour today and it happened once.

Was pretty funny to see the ball become a tiny pixel in the distance, but yeah it'd be annoying to happen repeatedly.

Nightbird

yep.

I just wished it would do this when i'm trying to catch pokémon that don't spawn right under my nose

hirokazu

I have a colleague who lives in Deventer which is also in the middle of nowhere. He just started two weeks ago and he's already lvl. 25 with multiple Snorlaxes, Gyaradoses and a Dragonite above 2000 cp. He walks 3-4 hours every day and uses the train as commute. If you really want to you could do it. Me, I'm lazy as fuck so I just take it easy. Also I'm frugal and unlike me, he gives zero fucks about a Pokemon's potential. I have 300k stardust and I still haven't gotten something with 95% perfection. :lol
Excuse me if I sound suspicious, but where does he go? I live in Sydney, been playing from day one (five weeks today) and I'm level 26 and only have a single Snorlax, three Gyarados and a single Dragonite.

My mapper account got banned for ~20min and couldn't be unbanned using the Pokestop spinning trick and I also couldn't log in/play using my actual play account on my phone (neither could my brother). So I assume it was an IP ban?
I didn't restart the mapper just to be safe and it seems to work now.

I won't risk trying, told my brother to ask me before he logs on until we know more.
I can't imagine they would do this though.
If they are, they must be only doing it to bad offenders. Notice how pokemonearby.io isn't banned. So either your mapper was abusing the servers (in which case you deserve to be banned), or it's something else.

Pachimari

Eh fuck that. I saw and caught a Kingler for the first time and suddenly it jumps back to the map during the animation. So now I'm left empty-handed. Not cool.

duckroll

Been having this ANNOYING ASS problem lately where at times the game just completely tanks when on mobile data. Everything else works - I can browse the internet, I get messages, Pokemon Go doesn't say "No Internet Connectivity", but... Pokestops and Sightings stop working, and if I restart the app my map is completely empty even though the GPS works. It's annoying as fuck. The moment I connect to wifi, everything pops back up.

Firemind

Excuse me if I sound suspicious, but where does he go? I live in Sydney, been playing from day one (five weeks today) and I'm level 26 and only have a single Snorlax, three Gyarados and a single Dragonite.
He found a Magikarp nest as he was able to evolve Magikarp in a single day. Caught one Snorlax, hatched the other. Caught a Dragonite near a lure. He goes from lure to lure for hours with his son. Now that's dedication. :lol

Also he burned through all of his stardust to get his pokemon to 2k. He even binned one of his Snorlaxes to power the other one up. I said you need multiple strong Pokemon to defend gyms and he was like "D'oh!" :lol

jelmerjt

Lapras in Leeuwarden, Netherlands. Wasn't able to find it sadly :(

EHBwXNl.png

bunkitz

So how exactly does this new "sightings" feature work...? I think I read somewhere that we can now track the Pokemon we find, but I can't seem to do that. Or is that just for the "nearby" ones with a Pokestop's picture next to them?

It's not like I play the game too seriously or anything like other people do, so I don't go out of my way to look for Pokemon, especially since it would be far too dangerous for me to just roam around, lol. Still, it's exciting when I do go out, but at the same time disappointing cause, again, too dangerous, so I can't just go wherever, sadly.

Game's been out less than a week here and I've seen a Bulbasaur and Scyther here at home, but couldn't find them no matter what. Bummer.

Ahhh just doing my quick log on while at work and a slowpoke pops up so quickly tap on him, change to ultra balls and send out a berry and the damn game freezez and i lose him.

I need 1 candy before i can get my first SlowBro so im annoyed about that lol.

Joni

Incense sucks. I don't think I even got six Pokémon, with no rares or uncommons unless it counts Drowzee as that.

So how exactly does this new "sightings" feature work...? I think I read somewhere that we can now track the Pokemon we find, but I can't seem to do that. Or is that just for the "nearby" ones with a Pokestop's picture next to them?
It is basically triangulation on a bigger basis. You look at the Pokémon that you want to find, advance until it disappears, go back on your steps and go backwards until it disappears. Go back to the middle, go left/right.

Can almost get a Blastoise but my best Squirtle is only on 71% IVs (11/11/10).

So conflicted on whether to evolve it or not. Let's hope one of the last few I catch is miraculously 80%+.

At least it'll be better than my 29% Venusaur. Caught a wild one and used all my candy powering it up because I didn't realise IVs were a thing at that point :(
Only got to 10 Bulba candy since...

Trying to remember what I've gotten from my 10km eggs.... Hitmonlee, Dratini, Onix and Eevee.

I thought I'd had more than 4 but I can't think of anything else I've hatched so maybe not.

Results aren't bad, was my first Hitmonlee (caught another since), and the only Onix I've ever seen, Dratini was great for the 20 candy it gave, and Eevee was Eevee :p

Chansey/Snorlax/Aerodactyl are the main ones I want, who knows if I'll ever catch wild ones, and I need Omanyte and Kabuto because there's no way I'll ever find enough to get 50 candy.
I'd like a Jynx seeing I've never seen one here, but I'll be in London next week and apparently they're fairly common there?

Pretty sure my 10k eggs have been one Chansey and 4 Mr Mimes, sick to death of Mr Mime

I'm crossing my fingers I can get at least one Mr Mime in the 5 weeks I'll be in Europe.

Next two holidays I want to do are Japan and Canada. I swear it's a coincidence and not just to get the Asia and NA exclusives :p

Replicant

Got a Magmar and Aerodactyl. Not a bad day.

What's a good program similar to PokeAdvisor that's still working now? I don't need the ones that tells you the details, just the percentage of all the Pokemons in table format.

5 in the morning and I'm about to head out to try to take over a few gyms for stardust...I'm almost certain I won't be able to get more than 2 before the bots come around and kick me out

edit: course the bots are already in the gyms, and I tried to level them down and now I'm just getting errors so I just wasted my time :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom