• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTHR Zero X

That's against the rules? I have enough pidgey and weedle to get to level 24 but I have been stashing.

nope its not against the ToS but a few people have mentioned it on GameFAQ's, Reddit and a few others over the past week. Has something to do with the way the game sees the data and thinks you botted it or some silly shit.

Are you saying you got banned?
Maybe if you had some patience you could restart or try again in 5min but oh well good luck.

I gave it more then 5 mins read below

I sincerely doubt you're banned, I get that message daily, just server problems. Try again every few minutes.

The account won't log in to any device I have tried it on. But I was able to log in to a brand new account within seconds.

...wait, what? That's bizarre. I haven't heard anything about banning people for performing lots of evolutions with a Lucky Egg. Have you also logged into any third party services that might break the ToS? Try waiting for an hour or so and then restarting it, it might even be a false alarm because of a connection issue.

Only 3rd Party services I used was Pokeradar/pokemonnearby which needed no login.details from my account. As for waiting its been 4 hours with the same error, even tried other devices deleting and reinstalling the app and a new account which logged in in seconds

GulAtiCa

Very unlikely you are banned. They would literally tell you were banned if you were. Hell, you would have gotten an email saying your account was terminated.

not sure if it's a nest or spawn point but my daily morning magikarp spot, I usually get 2 or 3, was slowpokes this morning. I'm OK if they changed it but I was looking fwd to Gyarados, currently 162 candy

Pokemon nearby guy on here?

Might want to change your password mate, seen it popping up all over the place past few days.

Edit: btw you site is the god damn nuts :) thank you.

adamy

Banned
I'm level 29 thanks to lucky egg mass evolves

That requires absurdly more xp and more evolves than you have done

You're fine

cHinzo

^got a linkie?

Don't get why people would share it with people outside this site. Just gonna ruin it for yourself and others in here lol.

HardRojo

It worked for me during my morning jog, managed to track down a Omanyte and a Venonat, but yeah, Niantic is probably trying to shut radars down.

I did a mass evolve to lvl 22 a couple of days ago... not seen a ban yet, but that's not even a ban worthy offense anyway since you can still do it within the confines of the game.

nope its not against the ToS but a few people have mentioned it on GameFAQ's, Reddit and a few others over the past week. Has something to do with the way the game sees the data and thinks you botted it or some silly shit.

I gave it more then 5 mins read below

The account won't log in to any device I have tried it on. But I was able to log in to a brand new account within seconds.

Only 3rd Party services I used was Pokeradar/pokemonnearby which needed no login.details from my account. As for waiting its been 4 hours with the same error, even tried other devices deleting and reinstalling the app and a new account which logged in in seconds

Have you checked the email your account is tied to? I got errors last week and then found out someone got into my account and changed my password. Might wanna see if that happened

Acinixys

There is NO WAY they didnt see this coming

QK6m2uP.png

pringles

Lets ban people for the primary reason they buy lucky eggs. Right, highly doubt it.
Exactly, it'd be like banning people for buying pokeballs so they can catch pokemon.

Either these people got banned for doing something else (have for example heard of some kind of script/bot that can handle the mass evolutions/transfers for you much faster) or they're just getting network errors and thinking they got banned, like all the people who think they are soft banned because a pokemon fled or they got a weedle from an egg.

SuomiDude

Today's been a good day for me. I evolved Nidoking and (hatched a good Tentacool from an egg and got enough candy at the same time) Tentacruel and found Arbok and Exeggcute (both my first ones). I have now 97 different Pokémons and I also got to level 23. It's taking a week and a half to get another level, because I'm not going to spend money on the game (lucky eggs etc.), but it's all good fun for me :)

you still playing? I'm also about to max out my Pokédex (excluding region exclusives) and think I'm finally starting to experience burn out

Nice! What's the last few you need to complete it? Once I filled the dex(no region exclusives though) I totally stopped playing. I only fire it up when I'm out with friends who are still actively playing. I'm still following the news and updates though. Curious as to what's in store. I stopped half way through level 28 and just haven't cared to do much else. Once I completed the dex I felt like I beat the game.

GulAtiCa

Crazy how some of you are already nearly finished with the Pokedex (region exclusives & legendaries excluded). I'm at about 105 now.

I do hope they introduce Gen 2 by the Fall.

Update isn't out on either Android or iOS here yet. Will probably appear within the next day or two.

We already got confirmation that Gen 2 arrives in December.

Did they officially say that? (I don't believe they did)

You know what's kinda funny about this game? The way Niantic has been so silent and their inability to communicate has lead the community to mislead many people about a variety of things. From hatching region locked eggs, to claiming bans for mass evolving, soft bans, to even "bugs" with capture rates. There's so much hearsay involved. It's amusing but a lot of people are very misinformed.

Somebody in here said they confirmed it during the ComicCon panel.

I was at that panel. They didn't say that at all.

In fact they barely answered anybody's questions. It was truly telling of how Niantic is treating the fan base. But hey they made a ton of money and have rolled this out in as many countries as they could so what do they care :p

Also that panel was ridiculous because some poplar social media Twitter person made people think a legendary would be released on the spot there. I knew that wouldn't happen but that didn't stop everyone from thinking it. Yet another case of misinformation surrounding Pokemon go.

zeemumu

Today I quit the game. So I heard a few people were getting banned for mass evolution recently. But nothing solid was coming up so I thought nothing off it. But I have been saving Pidgy's to do that very thing.

Bought myself a few lucky eggs last night and went to town Evolving these Pidgy's. Around 130 - 140 total.

Boom final lvl 22 since I am not a big city player I am a little guy this is a big deal for me since all I gt is Pidgy's Rattata's and Weedle's.

Wake up things morning see the Update has rolled in read about it so hyped go to log in. "Failed to get game data from server"

Well shit that's it I am done, forget this game and forget that shitty ass company niantic they can go suck on a metapod while it uses harden.

R.I.P. my 98% IV Vape and my 99% Snorelax, and good bye Team Valor.

I don't think that's a ban. I get that all the time when my phone crops out on me. I usually move to a better area and it's fine.

I was at that panel. They didn't say that at all.

In fact they barely answered anybody's questions. It was truly telling of how Niantic is treating the fan base. But hey they made a ton of money and have rolled this out in as many countries as they could so what do they care :p

Also that panel was ridiculous because some poplar social media Twitter person made people think a legendary would be released on the spot there. I knew that wouldn't happen but that didn't stop everyone from thinking it. Yet another case of misinformation surrounding Pokemon go.

Ah man...that's disappointing to hear.

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
3 weeks playing about 3 hours per day, L26 now. Knowing where the pokestops and gyms really helps (L16 Ingress player). Claiming between 50 and 90 coins per day, except one gym which is pumped up to L9 or L10 through the night by someone who lives next to it, I have no problem conquering stuff and holding them until claiming the reward around my zone. Got a pokestop in range at parent's home, and two at mine.

Game is quite different because there's virtually no interaction between players unless you are in a group, at Ingress at least you kind of do PVP in real time so you finish the battle and meet with the others. But there are quite a lot of people playing it, I installed two lures at home, and shortly after there were three people in the area catching pokemon too. But as soon as the effect ended, they leave without saying anything to each other.

Installed 0.35, the appraisal will help people who don't know about IV values. Maybe that will make them getting interested in IV working (which is basically what I liked from Pokemon games, especially all the breeding thing from Diamond/Pearl).

Niantic is being Niantic, they will slam bots and those with bot behaviour too. It's the way it is, they just can't check every single report (they learned that from Ingress). However, if you stick to legal playing (and avoid flicking pokestops when your GPS jumps you over 100m away), you should be safe. Been playing Ingress for over 3 years and a half and only triggered their system when keeping the game on during a subway trip (soft ban, can't do anything for 10 minutes), and when I left the intel map open for several hours (soft map ban).

You gave your account data to a website? Seriously?

3 weeks playing about 3 hours per day, L26 now. Knowing where the pokestops and gyms really helps (L16 Ingress player). Claiming between 50 and 90 coins per day, except one gym which is pumped up to L9 or L10 through the night by someone who lives next to it, I have no problem conquering stuff and holding them until claiming the reward around my zone. Got a pokestop in range at parent's home, and two at mine.

Game is quite different because there's virtually no interaction between players unless you are in a group, at Ingress at least you kind of do PVP in real time so you finish the battle and meet with the others. But there are quite a lot of people playing it, I installed two lures at home, and shortly after there were three people in the area catching pokemon too. But as soon as the effect ended, they leave without saying anything to each other.

Installed 0.35, the appraisal will help people who don't know about IV values. Maybe that will make them getting interested in IV working (which is basically what I liked from Pokemon games, especially all the breeding thing from Diamond/Pearl).

Niantic is being Niantic, they will slam bots and those with bot behaviour too. It's the way it is, they just can't check every single report (they learned that from Ingress). However, if you stick to legal playing (and avoid flicking pokestops when your GPS jumps you over 100m away), you should be safe. Been playing Ingress for over 3 years and a half and only triggered their system when keeping the game on during a subway trip (soft ban, can't do anything for 10 minutes), and when I left the intel map open for several hours (soft map ban).

This is some pretty useful info, thanks for sharing :)

I agree that I wish battling was more social, it would be nice if you could fight your friends in the game. Even if just counted towards a medal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom