• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rc213

Talk about a useless feature, Niantic should be ashamed.

I still ain't going back to using pgnexus or anything close for fear of the hammer now.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
nnYRYC6.png
amaze

anxiously awaiting the deluge of GoSpark fanart with them appraising each other.

pringles

Eh its just more tedious crap. Sucks even worse if I live in a place that doesn't have tons of pokemon, I'm disadvantaged right away. Maybe two or three Arcanines (or whatever) is the best I can do in my area, but other people have easier access to that pokemon, so mine will forever be shitty?

It's a perfect way to make me nope out and disengage with that part of the game. Which if I was a game maker, I would absolutely not want to do. But thats just me.
The actual difference IVs make is so much smaller than people make it seem though..there's not many scenarios where having an Arcanine with 100CP less than ideal is going to put you at a massive disadvantage. Btw eggs are the best source of high IV pokemon, even having caught 300+ Pidgeys the ones with the best IVs have come from eggs.

It's pretty obvious none of the pokemon games are designed to have people obsess over the IVs. That's why they don't put in the exact numbers in the games, but instead give you ratings like "wow it's strong!" or "it's not very suited for battle", it's just mean to give a bit more individuality to each pokemon and make it so that they don't all have the exact same potential.

AdanVC

Can somebody confirm if the tracking websites are still working?? I'm using this one and suddenly stopped working pretty much exactly when Niantic announced the new update :(

Biske

heh two or three arcanines being bad :p

best I can get is vaporeon, beyond that I am not anywhere near anything good as all the good stuff either doesn't spawn, or is so rare that after 6 weeks of playing I have only like 21 candies for them.

only reason I have so much oddish candy is because I keep hatching them, beyond that i see one maybe once a week.

Thats exactly my point, this game already has a massively uneven playing field, that there is no need to add to it further. I'm sure all of us have seen gyms loaded with great pokemon, and you are so outclassed you are effectively locked out of that part of the game.

The actual difference IVs make is so much smaller than people make it seem though..there's not many scenarios where having an Arcanine with 100CP less than ideal is going to put you at a massive disadvantage. Btw eggs are the best source of high IV pokemon, even having caught 300+ Pidgeys the ones with the best IVs have come from eggs.

It's pretty obvious none of the pokemon games are designed to have people obsess over the IVs. That's why they don't put in the exact numbers in the games, but instead give you ratings like "wow it's strong!" or "it's not very suited for battle", it's just mean to give a bit more individuality to each pokemon and make it so that they don't all have the exact same potential.

I get that, but again its just adding needless separation and tedium and calling it individuality. I have plenty of gym battles where the breaking point is a few slivers of health, if I could hit just a tiny bit harder, if it was even I would be fine, this stuff does matter in those areas.

If you say, "you are a shitty battler, get good, get better strategy" thats fine, I'm cool with that but... "hey you will do a bit worse in this game cause your hidden values suck, sucks to suck!!!"

Making people waste hours to get good IV's whether its farming eggs and catches in pokemon go, or tedious breeding in the games, is just shitty game design.

GulAtiCa

I just googled Pokemon go nests in my area. Some Reddit posts and articles popped up.

Yep, same.

Plus, you find them the old fashion way. You will be in an area and notice that a Pokemon of a certain type is appearing way more then normal. Even more obvious when it's a Pokemon that you rarely see.

Like, went to the Botanical Gardens in Atlanta GA, and saw it was a Growlithe nest due to having constant Growlithes around.

Seems to be parks where nests are. I need to start looking at other parks.

How come almost ALL of the Pokémon I evolve end up XS (extra small size) after evolution? Is it just totally random? I know it doesn't matter, but I'm not exaggerating, it happens with 90% of the Pokémon I evolve. Even ones that start out as XL.

zulux21

Thats exactly my point, this game already has a massively uneven playing field, that there is no need to add to it further. I'm sure all of us have seen gyms loaded with great pokemon, and you are so outclassed you are effectively locked out of that part of the game.

at level 21
my top pokemon

aka not anything impressive for 21 at all.

that being said.
when I actually go out for a walk I tend to cash in on at least 2 gyms.

game is still active enough that I can wait for someone else to take down a blue gym, and then when they put something in before other red/yellow build it back up past level 4 I go and take it down with my wife.

I have also started to build up gyms, but I am not lucky enough to have a decent chansy like my wife is.

note: I named spudzy before he evolved so no it's not a bad sudzy joke, I was actually calling my eevee a potato because it could become so many wonderful things :p

That feel when you finally hatch a 10K egg and it was an Eevee :(

Also, there hasn't been an update in almost 2 weeks. WTF are they doing at Niantic besides NOT fixing the tracking system? The popularity of this game has diminished almost as fast as it rose.

Can somebody confirm if the tracking websites are still working?? I'm using this one and suddenly stopped working pretty much exactly when Niantic announced the new update :(

So the story is they just bulk banned (servers are humbled..) all scanner accounts or nearly all of them.

pokemonnearby had a link to help by donating a new account and I restarted just one back-end using the new accounts, its working now - and all old accounts are still banned - but clearly if whatever they use has a short cycle time, then in one day even it will be gone.

Depending on how fast they ban accounts that just scan, even "donating one account to use the site for a few days" won't really be viable. This banwave applies for all those personal scanners and apps that require entry of a level 1 account.

zulux21

That feel when you finally hatch a 10K egg and it was an Eevee :(

Also, there hasn't been an update in almost 2 weeks. WTF are they doing at Niantic besides NOT fixing the tracking system? The popularity of this game has diminished almost as fast as it rose.

first off
there was an update today, it's just not live everywhere.

second off
they are aiming for an update every two weeks so it would make sense that there hasn't been an update in almost 2 weeks :p

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat

They literally just released an update.

I was gonna do a lucky egg sweep earlier today, catch maybe 20 evolutions in it. Decided to stall and stock up, and now I have 30 evolutions to run through. Should also catch a hatching. Patience is a good thing I guess.

Also there's a Cubone nest nearby now so I gotta go to the park this weekend

Joni

I just hit the brick wall of 145c/145s

I wanted to catch em all - now I wait :(

none of my top Pokemon are beastly since I did not grind for the best CP or IVs and I hardly battle at all to take over gyms

I just wanted to register the max possible Pokedex using all resources linked here in this thread

(waits zzz zzzzZ)

kazamatsuri

Neo Member
Sigh...my Pokemon Trainer Club account got hacked a few days ago and I lost access to my lvl 22 PokeGo acct. Emailed Pokemon Company support but no answer other than an automated mail. Can't imagine this is very high priority for them.

Guess I can start over with a Google account...

Also there's a Cubone nest nearby now so I gotta go to the park this weekend

If there was an easy location based chat/leave a message about a nest, web page, would it get enough traction to be useful/used?

So for example you would go to the url while standing at a spot and it would show the chat/message history for (selectable) spot area, suburb city or region, and you could leave a note like "charizards spawn here" or something.

I guess there are apps and stuff for this already but so were there for Pokemon finding, and lots of people used pokemonnearby.

zulux21

Sigh...my Pokemon Trainer Club account got hacked a few days ago and I lost access to my lvl 22 PokeGo acct. Emailed Pokemon Company support but no answer other than an automated mail. Can't imagine this is very high priority for them.

Guess I can start over with a Google account...

yeah mine was hacked last week.
luckily for me my main account was on google. the pokemon trainer account was just a level 4 alt account I had been slowly working on.
but I am sorry for your loss.

ciD_Vain

If there was an easy location based chat/leave a message about a nest, web page, would it get enough traction to be useful/used?

So for example you would go to the url while standing at a spot and it would show the chat/message history for (selectable) spot area, suburb city or region, and you could leave a note like "charizards spawn here" or something.

I guess there are apps and stuff for this already but so were there for Pokemon finding, and lots of people used pokemonnearby.
That sounds really useful, especially if it's updated by users frequently.

PS I love pokemonnearby. It's certainly helped me so much! <3

zulux21

huh I completely missed this stuff today

Pokemon GO’s servers seem to have undergone a recent update, as noted by many players and compiled by reddit user NaestaChalmers. Players have mentioned noticing increased potion drop rates, as well as faster egg hatchings. Here’s a list of all of the alterations noticed so far:

New movesets for some Pokémon (confirmed by Game_Master file)

Dodging changed to general max. 75% damage evasion (confirmed by Game_Master file)

Regional spawn rates increased heavily (confirmed by obvious observations)

Increased potion drop rates (highly likely due to multiple observations and testing)

Rare spawn increase in general (highly likely due to multiple observations)

Faster egg hatch updates (likely due to observations and minor tests – needs more testing)

Nest changes, needs to be further elaborated (unlikely: some observations but no general evidence, most did not change)

CassSept

Crap, I identified a Pikachu spawn point a few days ago and didn't have time yet to finish up Raichu, I caught some yesterday and wanted to finish it up today... welp, I'm boned.

I'm glad they're changing up spawns but they've done it barely few days ago the last time, that's a tad too often.

When is the update for iOS supposed to be available? I got back from a long day of hunting and I was going to mass evolve but I'd like to test the new IV appraisal system.

The egg thing is referring to the total distance tracking being updated in more frequent increments, not the actual total time to hatch an egg changing. Theoretically faster increments could make eggs hatch faster if walking in less than ideal conditions (that is, routes that aren't made from long, completely straight stretches), but in the proper conditions realistically the total time should stay the same (outside of the final distance update possible being slightly sooner, which wouldn't be a notable difference).

HardRojo

I hope more moves for some Pokémon doesn't mean we're getting screwed when going for optimal moveset, at least not on the top tier Pokémon.

rpmurphy

Yep, same.

Plus, you find them the old fashion way. You will be in an area and notice that a Pokemon of a certain type is appearing way more then normal. Even more obvious when it's a Pokemon that you rarely see.

Like, went to the Botanical Gardens in Atlanta GA, and saw it was a Growlithe nest due to having constant Growlithes around.

Seems to be parks where nests are. I need to start looking at other parks.
Murphey Candler Park (Charmander), Suwanee Town Center (Vulpix) and Thrasher Park (used to be Lickitung) are the only nests I know of in the Atlanta area. I've heard Glenlake Park was one for Pikachu or something, and Kennesaw Mountain for Bulbasaur.

So, haven't played in a couple weeks, due to just not having fun with how difficult everything seems to be to catch now.

Opened it up tonight at work, a 100 cp pidgey popped up immediately.

He jumped out of 14 regular balls before I caught him.

Guess I'll take another two week break!

zulux21

So, haven't played in a couple weeks, due to just not having fun with how difficult everything seems to be to catch now.

Opened it up tonight at work, a 100 cp pidgey popped up immediately.

He jumped out of 14 regular balls before I caught him.

Guess I'll take another two week break!

are you using curve balls and getting nice/great?

zulux21

Is this international? I have a voltorb nest in my appartment (was Lickitung before that) and I'd love for it to change to a Cubone nest (although with my luck it will probably be an exeggcute nest :p )

wouldn't that be good luck then?
isn't sandsrewjust okay and exegcutor actually pretty good?

Chuckie

wouldn't that be good luck then?
isn't sandsrewjust okay and exegcutor actually pretty good?

Sandshrew? I thought it was Cubone or Exeggcute.

I want Cubone because I play the game mainly to 'catch 'm all' and I already have a lot of exeggcutes. Cubones are rather rare where I live. Although in the end you are probably right and I would be better of with an exeggcute nest. We'll see when I get home what I;ve got haha.

zulux21

Sandshrew? I thought it was Cubone or Exeggcute.

I want Cubone because I play the game mainly to 'catch 'm all' and I already have a lot of exeggcutes. Cubones are rather rare where I live. Although in the end you are probably right and I would be better of with an exeggcute nest. We'll see when I get home what I;ve got haha.

sorry I am on my sleeping drugs I mean marrwok the evolution of cubone.

you can get cubone from eggs at a not horrible clip since they are 5km ones that aren't super rare.

Toki767

I actually noticed that if a pokemon is repeatedly breaking out of a ball, that running away and re-entering the battle will get rid of that escape bug.

first off
there was an update today, it's just not live everywhere.

second off
they are aiming for an update every two weeks so it would make sense that there hasn't been an update in almost 2 weeks :p

The latest update for me atm is 1.3.1 which I've had for almost 2 weeks. Did 1.4 launch on android or something? (I have ios)

zulux21

The latest update for me atm is 1.3.1 which I've had for almost 2 weeks. Did 1.4 launch on android or something? (I have ios)

yeah seems to be rolling out on ios first, which makes sense because apple tends to be a lot slower with updates in general.

it should be out for ios in the next 24 hours but it doesn't add much. just the ability to make funny screenshots of the team leaders commenting about your pokemon because anyone that really cares about IVs are still gonna look at IVs and not be content being told their "Penis is huge, the biggest one they have seen." only to find out it's a 75% IV instead of 99%
but yeah in general they are aiming for every 2 weeks. so don't expect any updates faster than that. wouldn't be surprised if there is a month between updates at times especially since they are still doing a lot of things server side,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom