• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh well, can't say I'm not having fun with the new update:
A3Z9gb5.jpg

How'd you get analyze working? I thought that was only for gyms? I've downloaded the new update, btw.

EDIT: Nope I didn't update to the last version. Take that back. xD

FlyingHugeMan

Neo Member
Finally evolved my first Squirtle.

But I still have only 1 bulbisaur, 0 charmander and 0 pikachu at level 14 near Paris... And I'm going out a lot. 😢

Bulbasaur is pretty easy to catch, Jardin des plantes is basicaly a bulbasaur nest.

Charmander on the other hand is non existent in Paris, like other fire pokes. I m level 27 and I have never seen a wild charmander.

fisheyes

Saw my first Aerodactyl today, gave it a berry and an ultra ball and it fled straight away. Bummer.

I also found a Pikachu nest on the weekend, if its changed to a bloody Ekans or Sandshrew one or whatever I'm gonna be livid.

Saw my first Aerodactyl today, gave it a berry and an ultra ball and it fled straight away. Bummer.

I also found a Pikachu nest on the weekend, if its changed to a bloody Ekans or Sandshrew one or whatever I'm gonna be livid.

The Pikachu nest by my house hasn't changed over yet today, so hopefully you'll be okay!

pokemonnearby.io is working for me still

Guess I better go catch all these Bulbasaur

It has very limited capacity because it is using the fresh accounts people donated and all the old one got banned all in one go.
So if more than about 50 people use it, the queue of new scans gets too large and people get the annoying try again message.

I expect from reading reddit that all the fresh accounts will get banned very quickly, my only curiosity is how quickly a fresh account gets blocked. Warping from place to place is unavoidable with a scanner.

If the banning is based on distance warping another approach would be for a user to lodge a throwaway account (or more than one) and the site keeps it devoted to just that users requests. The downside is a full scan takes minutes. The positive is it might not trigger any flags because the accounts used are much quieter and more realistic.

Dishwalla

Banned
Rushed out at 6:45 am to get a Dragonair, after a walk up and down the block I finally went over to the next one and bam there he is. Getting closer to a complete dex.

It has very limited capacity because it is using the fresh accounts people donated and all the old one got banned all in one go.
So if more than about 50 people use it, the queue of new scans gets too large and people get the annoying try again message.

I expect from reading reddit that all the fresh accounts will get banned very quickly, my only curiosity is how quickly a fresh account gets blocked. Warping from place to place is unavoidable with a scanner.

If the banning is based on distance warping another approach would be for a user to lodge a throwaway account (or more than one) and the site keeps it devoted to just that users requests. The downside is a full scan takes minutes. The positive is it might not trigger any flags because the accounts used are much quieter and more realistic.

Thanks for all your hard work Jellies :)

Pull up to my work, check my phone, and she shows up right at the front door. Between this and the Squirtle yesterday I am wondering what they did to the spawns. Never got anything good around here.

Also yesterday was nice around my house, caught 3 Bulbasaurs (one from an incense...shockingly) and a Dratini.

I did miss out on a Ivysaur, couldn't find him, and a Charmander ran after one attempt when I went grocery shopping but the other catches make up for it. Halfway to a Blastoise now with 50 candy and two Wartortles ready to go.

Planning to go to a very popular spot after work for an hour or two, always tons of people playing and 4 Pokestops right on top of each other constantly lured. Hoping to catch some more Squirtles.

Ah damn....double post...sorry everyone lol.

Dishwalla

Banned
Pull up to my work, check my phone, and she shows up right at the front door. Between this and the Squirtle yesterday I am wondering what they did to the spawns. Never got anything good around here.

Also yesterday was nice around my house, caught 3 Bulbasaurs (one from an incense...shockingly) and a Dratini.

I did miss out on a Ivysaur, couldn't find him, and a Charmander ran after one attempt when I went grocery shopping but the other catches make up for it. Halfway to a Blastoise now with 50 candy and two Wartortles ready to go.

Planning to go to a very popular spot after work for an hour or two, always tons of people playing and 4 Pokestops right on top of each other constantly lured. Hoping to catch some more Squirtles.

Ah damn....double post...sorry everyone lol.
If I remember right you are in Hampton Roads; the Pagoda garden in downtown Norfolk has Squirtles/Wartortles pop fairly often, and in fact I caught my Blastoise there.

If I remember right you are in Hampton Roads; the Pagoda garden in downtown Norfolk has Squirtles/Wartortles pop fairly often, and in fact I caught my Blastoise there.

Yep! And that's exactly where I am going. Super jealous of that Blastoise, I barely see Squirtles there actually...they show up every now and then. Usually a ton of Magikarps, Tentacools, and stuff like that lol.

When did you catch the Blastoise? I usually go by after work and stay from around 4 to 6pm. Lucky enough to live kinda close to that place now, pass by it on my way home :D

Dishwalla

Banned
Yep! And that's exactly where I am going. Super jealous of that Blastoise, I barely see Squirtles there actually...they show up every now and then. Usually a ton of Magikarps, Tentacools, and stuff like that lol.

When did you catch the Blastoise? I usually go by after work and stay from around 4 to 6pm.

This was a couple weeks back when it was super hot out, so it was like 8pm. I live in Ghent so I'll ride my bike down there and around the Nauticus and Town Point Park.

I've caught quite a few Squirtles there, also Magikarps/Tenticools/Poliwags/etc. Last few times I've been there in the last week or so I've seen a bunch of Seels/couple Dewgongs, and the other day a Vaporeon popped.

Also if you are looking for Electabuzz they pop up around MacArthur Center a lot. Think Magmar does too but I'm not sure.

ChrisW

Somebody on Reddit had a good idea of how to distribute the legendary birds, by using eggs, but make them like 50km eggs. For example when you take on one of the legendary birds in a "gym" scenario and beat it, it drops an egg that will eventually hatch that bird?

Or that you get to choose ether a yellow, red or blue egg that will hatch either Zapdos, moltres or arcticuno

This was a couple weeks back when it was super hot out, so it was like 8pm. I live in Ghent so I'll ride my bike down there and around the Nauticus and Town Point Park.

I've caught quite a few Squirtles there, also Magikarps/Tenticools/Poliwags/etc. Last few times I've been there in the last week or so I've seen a bunch of Seels/couple Dewgongs, and the other day a Vaporeon popped.

Also if you are looking for Electabuzz they pop up around MacArthur Center a lot. Think Magmar does too but I'm not sure.

Dang we are practicality neighbors then lol. Nice :D

I got a Electrabuzz near the Navy base, and saw a Magmar near the Library on Hampton Blvd but when I checked Nearby he was in the water behind someone's house..lol

If you are ever in Hampton I know a good Vulpix nest if you need them for a Ninetails.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Somebody on Reddit had a good idea of how to distribute the legendary birds, by using eggs, but make them like 50km eggs. For example when you take on one of the legendary birds in a "gym" scenario and beat it, it drops an egg that will eventually hatch that bird?

Or that you get to choose ether a yellow, red or blue egg that will hatch either Zapdos, moltres or arcticuno

it will still somehow manage to hatch a pidgey or rattata

There was a Vulpix nest in the public garden yesterday , my brother and I caught a ton to get ninetails, was hype

Also a Blastoise popped up twice in the same location 30 minutes apart in china town , we speed walked to get it and saw 6 other people trying to get it lol
Then saw 3 more run towards it after

This was in Boston / downtown Boston , so many people playing

There was a Vulpix nest in the public garden yesterday , my brother and I caught a ton to get ninetails, was hype

Also a Blastoise popped up twice in the same location 30 minutes apart in china town , we speed walked to get it and saw 6 other people trying to get it lol
Then saw 3 more run towards it after

This was in Boston / downtown Boston , so many people playing

Nice, I would freak out if I saw a Blastoise show up in the wild and then get equally mad when it ran away from me. Like the one time I saw a Venusaur pop up..and he was only 300cp and still told me to piss off after 2 sets of berries and ultras lol....

Dishwalla

Banned
Well I won't be able to get up there for a couple days(maybe tomorrow) so hopefully it's still active.

Koren

Cant play this gane with no tracker/scanner. :(
Well... pokemonradar/nearby doesn't work for me half of the time (showing totally different pokemons from those sighted in-app)...

So I'm searching without it, and while it require walking more, it's perfectly doable...

The most annoying part for me is emptying the list of owned pokemons, if you want to check whether there's n 100% IV ones you're transfering.

Koren

EV training is fine because it is visible and it is a game you can easily control and work towards.

Meanwhile hatching hundreds of eggs is just a waste of time, absolutely kills the competitive scene for me.
I disagree... Unless you're targetting an hidden power, trying to get a rare sex, or a specific nature by random breeding, I can't see how you need hundreds of eggs.

Usually, 20-30 eggs is enough if you spent some time getting a good enough Ditto once, especially with a good parent (easy now in ORAS with DEXNAV). I actually find EV training more annoying.

It even seems you can get the IV you want virtually at the first try if you have a good pool of parents available, but that's not faster than the random method.

I can understand people annoyed with having to SR legendaries, a reason why HT is probably welcome.

Well, that's another game, though.

GulAtiCa

Yesterday was a good day for me. Caught a Magmar, several Eevees, several Magikarps, 2 Dratinis, Bellsprouts, 2 more Tauros, hatched a Nidoran (M) (just need 1 more!), hatched a Mankey who I evolved and incensed a Bulbasour.

Yesterday was a good day for me. Caught a Magmar, several Eevees, several Magikarps, 2 Dratinis, Bellsprouts, 2 more Tauros, hatched a Nidoran (M) (just need 1 more!), hatched a Mankey who I evolved and incensed a Bulbasour.

I wonder if they made changes to the incense, they were always awful for me and nothing but pidgeys and rats and yesterday it was a Bulba, 2 Paras, and then two Pidgeys.

GulAtiCa

I wonder if they made changes to the incense, they were always awful for me and nothing but pidgeys and rats and yesterday it was a Bulba, 2 Paras, and then two Pidgeys.

Interesting enough, Lures has always been bad for me. I use Incense on my runs, so I get some decent things almost every time. Esp as I jog fast enough that I can spawn about 10 pokemon at least in that 30 minutes.

I think it also depends on your area and what is normally spawning around there. Like, where I normally run, there isn't that much Pokemon (but a lot of Pokestops) that stand out, so my incense there isn't always special. Though have spawned several starts & even a voltorb there.

But another part of my running trail, has a lot more variety of Pokemon. Like there was a Dratini on the radar, and the incense spawned another dratini. Saw 1 gastly, and spawned another. And same with like 5 Magikarps that were spawned via incense since there were a lot around.

acm2000

this sounds like a good work around, maybe if we provided a few accounts per user to speed it up?

Interesting enough, Lures has always been bad for me. I use Incense on my runs, so I get some decent things almost every time. Esp as I jog fast enough that I can spawn about 10 pokemon at least in that 30 minutes.

I think it also depends on your area and what is normally spawning around there. Like, where I normally run, there isn't that much Pokemon (but a lot of Pokestops) that stand out, so my incense there isn't always special. Though have spawned several starts & even a voltorb there.

But another part of my running trail, has a lot more variety of Pokemon. Like there was a Dratini on the radar, and the incense spawned another dratini. Saw 1 gastly, and spawned another. And same with like 5 Magikarps that were spawned via incense since there were a lot around.

Hmmm I am considering buying some coins soon so I might grab a 8 pack of incense and try them again. Although I am almost 23, wonder if I will get one then :eek:

I was super happy when that Bulba spawned last night though

Legendaries from eggs? Hell no, they ain't Manaphy.

Sanche55

Neo Member
Can't wait for this update. On android and hasn't shown up yet. Looks like some interesting new features.

Doesn't sound interesting to me.

- Implemented Pokémon Appraisal: Trainers will now be able to learn about a Pokémon’s attack and defense capabilities from their Team Leader (Candela, Blanche or Spark) to determine which of their Pokémon have the most potential for battle.
- We are still working hard on several new and exciting features to come in the future of Pokémon GO.
- Minor bot fixes

BTHR Zero X

Today I quit the game. So I heard a few people were getting banned for mass evolution recently. But nothing solid was coming up so I thought nothing off it. But I have been saving Pidgy's to do that very thing.

Bought myself a few lucky eggs last night and went to town Evolving these Pidgy's. Around 130 - 140 total.

Boom final lvl 22 since I am not a big city player I am a little guy this is a big deal for me since all I gt is Pidgy's Rattata's and Weedle's.

Wake up things morning see the Update has rolled in read about it so hyped go to log in. "Failed to get game data from server"

Well shit that's it I am done, forget this game and forget that shitty ass company niantic they can go suck on a metapod while it uses harden.

R.I.P. my 98% IV Vape and my 99% Snorelax, and good bye Team Valor.

Today I quit the game. So I heard a few people were getting banned for mass evolution recently. But nothing solid was coming up so I thought nothing off it. But I have been saving Pidgy's to do that very thing.

That's against the rules? I have enough pidgey and weedle to get to level 24 but I have been stashing.

Vipu

Banned

Bought myself a few lucky eggs last night and went to town Evolving these Pidgy's. Around 130 - 140 total.

Boom final lvl 22 since I am not a big city player I am a little guy this is a big deal for me since all I gt is Pidgy's Rattata's and Weedle's.

Wake up things morning see the Update has rolled in read about it so hyped go to log in. "Failed to get game data from server"

Well shit that's it I am done, forget this game and forget that shitty ass company niantic they can go suck on a metapod while it uses harden.

Are you saying you got banned?
Maybe if you had some patience you could restart or try again in 5min but oh well good luck.

ZeroCDR

I sincerely doubt you're banned, I get that message daily, just server problems. Try again every few minutes.

Yrael

...wait, what? That's bizarre. I haven't heard anything about banning people for performing lots of evolutions with a Lucky Egg. Have you also logged into any third party services that might break the ToS? Try waiting for an hour or so and then restarting it, it might even be a false alarm because of a connection issue.

Biske

Yeah seriously... I get such a message all the time too, try again until it works

You're not gonna be banned for mass evolves.

Today I quit the game. So I heard a few people were getting banned for mass evolution recently.

That sounds like absolute nonsense. People always over react and blame anything and everything!

Chances are the update broke some small thing and you haven't got any data. Try reloading later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom