• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdanVC

I love when pokemon appears on places where it makes sense depending it's typ----- OH GOD CHARMELEON GTFO!! You're going to kill us all on this gas station!

imageqps3s.png

border

Is there any program or service that will let me scout out gyms in my area? Like, see them on a map and tell me what level they are?

I love when pokemon appears on places where it makes sense depending it's typ----- OH GOD CHARMELEON GTFO!! You're going to kill us all on this gas station!

xD

I have yet to see one in the wild, would love to catch another one so I can keep one whenever I finally find enough to evolve to Charizard

CrazE

Banned
Ha ha.. Classic that they announced an update like half a day ago, and hardly anyone see's anything in their app stores about it. I know I'm not seeing anything.

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
Ha ha.. Classic that they announced an update like half a day ago, and hardly anyone see's anything in their app stores about it. I know I'm not seeing anything.
They do the same with Ingress, split by region and phone/OS. First it's usually Europe, latest Nexus phones and phones with the latest OS, then it spills to others. Back when I had a new Note 4, I'd get the update first in my group, but as the phone grew older the ones with Nexus with a newer OS would get it. If you have installed the original from the Play Store, you can download the APK from a trusted site and install it over. If the APK has been modified, the signatures won't match and it won't let you install it, that's how you can get sure you won't get banned.

HardRojo

It's a bullshit change X&Y made.
I hate that stupid change, I thought it'd stay in X&Y but it seems to be its new official "cry" now, really unnecessary.
Edit: And yeah, I do remember about Yellow, but it was a nice tie-in to the show back then, and it was only that one game.

I'm now just a Porygon away from a complete North American Pokedex. Come on, eggs. ONE TIME.

That appraisal feature... Talk about a useless feature, geez.

Honestly, anything above 80% is just for novelty/sharing with other nerds anyway. I got far too invested in too many pokemon (including a 98% hatched Squirtle and a 100% Dratini) only for them to evolve with sub-optimal moves. I just can't muster up the energy to really care anymore.

Is just like the games, at least you will know when a poke is 80%+ and can safely transfer the rest

The games will tell you what you need to know about each stat (if it's perfect or zero, unless you're breeding for Hidden Power types, in which case you were never relying on the game's info to begin with). This doesn't do that, but again, it doesn't really matter because it's not like you're building a team with specific roles and offensive/defensive breaking points to worry about. You're basically just hoping to win some dice rolls so you can take a screenshot and to share a picture of your perfect pokemon online.

Dex at 106/106.

Really happy about first onix and dragonair today (stnding still in a very crowded place near the beach in Fortaleza) but with no more nearby, god knows if i'll be able to get new stuff.

KingBroly

Banned
Me and my brother went to the local University (Davidson) for some Stops and Pokemon catching. Lots of Stops, not a lot of Pokemon unfortunately.

However, on our way home I spotted a Charmander nearby with a Dratini. Now the Dratini was hard to find, and because pokemonnearby was dishing out searches that acted like the Charmander wasn't even there, it took roughly 20 minutes to find the little bugger. But after finding him, and berrying him twice and throwing 2 Great Balls, I finally have my first Charmander! :D

And the 2K Egg that hatched immediately afterwards?

It was a Magikarp. If it was a Charmander, I would've died.

CrazE

Banned
They do the same with Ingress, split by region and phone/OS. First it's usually Europe, latest Nexus phones and phones with the latest OS, then it spills to others. Back when I had a new Note 4, I'd get the update first in my group, but as the phone grew older the ones with Nexus with a newer OS would get it. If you have installed the original from the Play Store, you can download the APK from a trusted site and install it over. If the APK has been modified, the signatures won't match and it won't let you install it, that's how you can get sure you won't get banned.

Right on. Thanks. I'll just wait with the rest of the trainers. :)

zroid

Banned
Apparently my Wartortle "has room for improvement" and also "its stats are the best I've ever seen! No doubt about it!"

what the hell does that mean :lol

I think when I checked it out at pokeassist a while ago it wasn't great

Biske

Apparently my Wartortle "has room for improvement" and also "its stats are the best I've ever seen! No doubt about it!"

Sounds like your wartortle works in an office and just had a meeting with the manager

Pop

My local park is now a Growlithe nest. Only have caught two before today. I'm pretty excited to hit there later today.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Stats_judge

best I've ever seen are probably high..maybe even perfect IVs for that stat. I'm not really sure what the context would be though...i haven't even looked for the new feature yet lmao

Nictel

like all the people who think they are soft banned because a pokemon fled or they got a weedle from an egg.

Then I must be banned
/s
:

- Scyther (berry+ultra ball): Fled after first ball
- Mr Mime (berry+ultra ball): Fled after first ball

Latest 12 eggs:
3* weedle
2* caterpie
2* pidgeot
3* magikarp
1* diglet
1* rattata

Vipu

Banned
Grimer bug fixed in new patch?
If I didnt have this bug I could almost evolve grimer soon but instead I still havent got even 1.

Jay RaR

Still waiting for that update...

As for me, I didn't fulfill my quota to catch a Pikachu and Magikarp at the places where they usually spawn in my area, but at least I hatched some Magikarp! Also a bit salty I found a Grimer on my radar but I couldn't hunt for it as I was driving in the middle of a busy street with no good way to park.

Can someone let me know what I did wrong?

I maxed the cp of my ninetales and it hit 1347. Also maxed my pidgeot and hit 1307.

The thing is, when I check them with pgnexus, it says they both should hit 1800 at level 40.

So, what did I do wrong? Or what am I reading wrong?

L.O.R.D

You probably didn't specify which platform you used? Just go ask for a refund on the android play store.

i actually did that in the first time,also in the request page there is tap to chose what platform you are using.

Hi,

We received your refund request for 550 PokéCoins (Pokémon GO) , but we can’t provide a refund for this purchase because it is outside of our refund policy.

You can learn more about Google Play refund policies here: https://support.google.com/googleplay/topic/2450225.

If you’re requesting refunds for an app (or in-app), it’s best to get help directly from the app’s developer. Developer contact information can be found in the Google Play store by searching for the app and scrolling down to "Additional Information."

To prevent accidental or unwanted purchases in the future, we recommend that you turn authentication on or change your password.

Thanks,

The Google Support Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom