• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, hatched my first chancey, didn't realize how much HP they have. Mine is 349 CP but 305 HP, with attacks of 15 and 55.

Not sure if its worth it to power up at all but their HP is crazy high.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
This post by Zakrael on Reddit explains it best. It makes a ton of sense and is super easy when put in practice.

I've had little success with this, unfortunately. I find that most of the time, the sighting disappears before I can find it. Because there are no footprints and the order of the sightings is not reliable information, you have to wait for the pokemon in question to appear and disappear completely. Sometimes the Sightings panel glitches out, where a pokemon disappears but then reappears shortly thereafter even though you're still traveling in the same direction. Also, it feels like you have to watch the sightings panel all the time, which just isn't realistic if you're walking around anywhere where other people and cars are.

Just caught my second Snorlax and this one is much better than my first one (Good CP for when I caught it, but Zen Headbutt/EQ):

Only 67%, but I'm not about to be picky about Snorlax IVs.

rc213

Just caught my second Snorlax and this one is much better than my first one (Good CP for when I caught it, but Zen Headbutt/EQ):

[mg]http://i.imgur.com/61T0zB9l.png[/img]

Only 67%, but I'm not about to be picky about Snorlax IVs.

I just caught my first Snorlax, Had to jump off the bus home cause i couldn't tap on him because he was behind a pokestop. Only 600cp, Hatched a Poliwag a minute later too. Added 2 new Pokemon to my Pokedex!

AdanVC

Third party sites are DEAD DEAD DEAD

pokemon nearby is DEAD

We in a tracker less world fam

Gotta use logic pic to find pokes

FUCK. I guess that's it for me then until Niantic implements the actual tracking in-game. I could really use some time off of this game since I've been playing non-stop since it released and I'm only on level 20 (I live in a small ass city :c)

San Fransisco has the best Pokemon Go service

even for GPS spoofers the game rocks in SF

would not advise gps spoofing in the developer's hometown but it is nice to check out what this game will be in a few months

orochi91

Third party sites are DEAD DEAD DEAD

pokemon nearby is DEAD

We in a tracker less world fam

Gotta use logic pic to find pokes

FUCK. I guess that's it for me then until Niantic implements the actual tracking in-game. I could really use some time off of this game since I've been playing non-stop since it released and I'm only on level 20 (I live in a small ass city :c)
Pokemon Radar Go is still available.

It's an open-source tracker and seems to be pretty effective.

HardRojo

Wait! They didn't only add moves to Pokémon, but removed some? That is bullshit, especially if Pokémon already in possession of said move are allowed to keep it.

ExVicis

Can't log in. Game keeps telling me the server is humbled by my attempts to log on but my girlfriend's phone is fine and the game seems to be working for others.

Guess they finally punished for using IV checkers. Whelp it was fun I guess for a while but this is pretty lame.

Edit: Or maybe my game is just being crap. Hope that's the case, holding out for some hope.

Syntsui

Can't log in. Game keeps telling me the server is humbled by my attempts to log on but my girlfriend's phone is fine and the game seems to be working for others.

Guess they finally punished for using IV checkers. Whelp it was fun I guess for a while but this is pretty lame.

Edit: Or maybe my game is just being crap. Hope that's the case, holding out for some hope.
They haven't banned anyone that didn't bot or spoofed in another country, chill out and keep trying. Difficulties to log in are normal.

orochi91

I open it on my browser but nothing appears
I would recommend just leaving it for a while.

When I first used it, nothing was showing up, but I noticed it was continuously scanning the map.

I walked away from the PC for a few minutes to grab something to eat and when I came back, the whole map was beginning to populate with random Pokemons; I just used it a few moments ago to catch a Vulpix, Exeggcute and Ryhorn.

I'm rather liking the new appraisal system.

I can basically toss any pokemon that Blanche doesn't say "Overall, your (Pokemon Name) is a wonder! What a breathtaking Pokemon!" (82%+) to immediately and it's helped clean up my collection a bunch :3

You can actually spot perfect IVs too as if the highest stats are perfect blanche will say "ts stats exceed my calculations. It's incredible!" and she'll reel off which stats are highest (multiple if there's more than one) so if she lists all 3 and says that you've got a perfect mon :3

It'll take a while for me to completely memorise the phrases for top % and top IVs but I just keep http://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/pokemon-appraisal open when I'm checking for now so I can refresh my memory.

rpmurphy

Do the nest changes take time to propagate depending on the area? My local Vulpix nest was still spawning Vulpix until around midnight.

zroid

Banned
Wow another wild Gengar from home, I just saw one a few days ago

...aaaand the bastard fled :mad:

at least it didn't make me waste too many berries and ultra balls...

bryt

Omg, I had a Golem and Electrode run away from me :( I threw an Ultra Ball with Razz Berry. They broke free and ran right away.

mugwhump

I love this. "We fixed the glitch where you weren't using enough revives."
That's a good thing, I'd rather have a dead pokemon than a pokemon with 1hp, since revives restore 50% health.

I made a graph of how different pokeballs affect the catch rate

mNM2rYn.png

(obviously red is normal, blue is great, orange is ultra)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom