• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All these server issues....So I'm guessing they just launched in Japan? The servers are going to be so bogged down that no one will be able to play so whats the point

lt519

Time for a vacation.

What happens when the UK leaves the EU. No more exclusive? (;

After playing every day since launch, currently Level 22, I am anecdotally convinced that rare Pokemon spawn more frequently when there are more players around. Almost all of my rare Pokemon have been caught this way. I have sat by lonely lures for a combined total of several hours now and no rare Pokemon, but if I go to a lure that has 20+ people around it, there will probably be a rare sighting.

I'm convinced of this as well. I've seen a rare here and there on my own but it's overwhelmingly been when I've been in/around larger groups.

i still have no idea how rare pokemon spawn locations work. is there a site where users can submit them? because i've seen fuck all.

After playing every day since launch, currently Level 22, I am anecdotally convinced that rare Pokemon spawn more frequently when there are more players around. Almost all of my rare Pokemon have been caught this way. I have sat by lonely lures for a combined total of several hours now and no rare Pokemon, but if I go to a lure that has 20+ people around it, there will probably be a rare sighting.

Is this game supposed to work on an iPhone 5? I wanted to show the game to my brother tonight but while it worked fine on my 6s it hardly loaded on his 5 and if he got to catch a Pokemon it crashed... Very frustrating.

Chaos17

All these server issues....So I'm guessing they just launched in Japan? The servers are going to be so bogged down that no one will be able to play so whats the point

No news yet but some people are able to log in from different part of the world. Yet, still pretty unstable from what I read on social media.

Kyrios

Is this game supposed to work on an iPhone 5? I wanted to show the game to my brother tonight but while it worked fine on my 6s it hardly loaded on his 5 and if he got to catch a Pokemon it crashed... Very frustrating.

Nah that's just normal right now. One of the things they need to iron out.

lt519

Worked the first time with Jolteon. Second time, I wanted another Jolteon and it gave me Flareon instead.

Is this a one time deal? Was your other Jolteon still named Sparky maybe?

Worked for all my evolutions but I also wanted to do another Flareon and Vapereon.

zelas

I'm on a 5. Not one issue with the hardware. What you describe sounds like the same technical issues everyone is having.

eloxx

They are not part of Google anymore. But adding more servers then they are doing currently shouldn't be that hard.

Exactly. With load balancers in place and the right architecture it should be a matter of hours to add more resources.

PSFan

I don't think Japan launch will affect the US much. When it's night for them, it's day for us and vice versa.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
fb_img_14689601238900zsaf.jpg

yllekz

Banned
Servers have been down literally all afternoon with no explanation nor notice.

Jesus fuck Niantic, don't release a product unless it's functional. This is ridiculously amateur.

I'm pretty sure the 3 step thing affects everybody. It appears it was turned off to help the game run smoother. They also turned off the map showing where you caught your Pokemon, which is just a white box now.

zulux21

I don't think Japan launch will affect the US much. When it's night for them, it's day for us and vice versa.

to be fair this could be a lot of t-mobile traffic.

there may have been a number of people who suddenly jumped on board thanks to the free data.

previous t-mobile promotions proved influential to the point of crashing sites and domonios stopped their pizza promotion 2 weeks early because the amount of people they were dealing with on tuesdays was beyond the scope they could handle.

I'm pretty sure the 3 step thing affects everybody. It appears it was turned off to help the game run smoother. They also turned off the map showing where you caught your Pokemon, which is just a white box now.

I am hoping I will get an option to turn that off completely, I don't care and it makes it a pain to get to the transfer.
also want mass transfer, and to be able to skip evolutions I have already seen by tapping the screen.

Why do they release the game in its second biggest market when they know their servers can't handle it?

What's the point if nobody is going to be able to play it smoothly. So clueless.

They better fix the the steps "glitch" too (I don't even think is a glitch at this point, probably something intentional to alleviate the servers?).

MajorMane

Well, it's happening to me and my cousin told me she's having the same issue. All pokemons nearby have 3 footprints. No matter if you're standing right next to it

It's fairly common... like, probably everyone. Anyone who says it doesn't happen to them is either lying, ignorant of the problem (i.e. they don't realize it's happening), or a miracle child.

I love it when I toss the pokeball and the pokemon jumps up for their dodging animation, but they jump straight into it and get captured

Oersted

An activist organisation in Bosnia says it has heard of people wandering into mine fields while playing Pokemon Go, and is urging them to pay more attention before someone gets hurt.
Activists warn Pokemon Go players in Bosnia to watch out for land mines

Posavina Without Mines said that some gamers have gone astray in the northern region of the country.

Bosnia is one of the world’s most heavily mined countries.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/examvi...osnia-to-watch-out-for-land-mines-411209.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom