• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciD_Vain

Yesterday i evolved an Eevee named Rainer and it became Flareon. It was the second time I tried to get Vaporeon through this method and it worked the first time but not the second time. Maybe I put an extra space after the name or something but I definitely spelled it correctly.

Noirulus

No. It doesn't make a difference in your pokemon's overall level if you power them up before or after you evolve them, so that's no a factor. Plus, you don't want to waste candies powering up an evolved pokemon that has a bad moveset. Ideally you'll want both moves to be the same element and the charged attack to be 1-3 charges (4-5 charges usually does less than double the damage of a normal attack and takes 4x longer to attack, so it is really not worth it). If you wait to power up and end up getting an evolution with moves you don't really like, then you can save your remaining candies to try for another evolution.

Actually, you do get a stronger CP for the evolved form if you raise the CP of your pokemon before evolving it. But yea it's not worth pre-raising them because you could get a bad moveset.

Sadist

Oh man, Horsea popped up out of nowhere and disappeared into nothing :/

Sometimes Pokémon just disappear on the map, lame.

Arrrammis

Yesterday i evolved an Eevee named Rainer and it became Flareon. It was the second time I tried to get Vaporeon through this method and it worked the first time but not the second time. Maybe I put an extra space after the name or something but I definitely spelled it correctly.

Yeah, based on the posts I've seen about it, it sounds like you can do it once for each eeveelution, every time after that is back to being random.

Actually, you do get a stronger CP for the evolved form if you raise the CP of your pokemon before evolving it. But yea it's not worth pre-raising them because you could get a bad moveset.

Yeah but it costs the same amount of resources whether you do it before or after the evolution so it really doesn't matter. That said, save the stardust to top off your best pokemon.

Chaos17

Server is down, again....... URGGGGGGG

West coast america lunch time ? :p

NLdYacj.png

http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/pokemon_go#

Prologue

Anyone playing for NYC, is it choppy for you too? I'm from the buffalo area so playing in NYC isn't my usual scene except for the last few days. Tends to lag.

I have a iPhone 5c. My gf has an iPhone 5. Is the lack of smoothness due to the servers or our phones? Its a lot smoother in buffalo, but obviously a lot is going on in NYC.

anyone?

lt519

Hi guys

Is there a list of the Pokemons in the game and their rarity ? Preferably with pics so I can familiarise myself

This Pokedex:
http://www.pokemongodb.net/2016/05/pokemon-go-pokedex.html

Reddit attempted a rarity chart, which is generally decent to go by, but it's highly subjective to what area you are in (I for one haven't seen like 4 of the "Common" in this chart in my 200 or so captures, but I see multiple Jynx everyday):
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4ta6tm/updated_rarity_chart/

This egg chart shows the breakdown for 2/5/10k eggs which is a decent indicator of rarity with the exception of the 3 starter pokemon:

West coast america lunch time ? :p

Game crashed 8:00-8:30 PM EST yesterday which is West Coast rush hour time. Very convinced it was everyone getting off work and logging in.

Damn RNG, Seel from a 5k egg. Nooooooo! Seel candy better taste damn good.

kris.

Banned
had an eevee hatch from a 10km egg. considering how common they are around here, kinda peeved. but it also got me enough candy to evolve one so now i have a flareon so that's pretty cool.

M52B28

Banned
Just walked a couple of miles to my favorite coffee shop and the game kept shutting down.

I'm in California as well. Bay Area.

PSFan

They have not officially explained as far as I have seen, but most likely don't want to alienate newcomers with a more complex battle system (even if it's not that complex) and they don't want to cannibalize their handheld series with their mobile app.

Um I'm not a newcomer and I find the battle system dumb and confusing. Having it turn based like the regular games would be much more simpler.

CoolOff

Today was massive for me. First time catches of:

* Voltorb
* Doduo
* Cubone
* Staryu
* Tentacool
* Kabuto
* Pinsir (10km egg)
* Geodude
* Abra (5km egg)

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and I notice the framerate tank after playing for a long time and my phone gets hot. I think low FPS is the phone, not the servers. Usually the server issues manifest more as crashes or as slow loading when you click a pokestop or gym.
Don't worry, guys. I have a Galaxy s7 edge and it still freezes, can't respond to spins at pokestops, have to hit pokemons a million times on the map, balls mysteriously fly off in the distance, shitty frame rate at gyms, and makes the phone a toaster. Seems to be mainly dependent on the servers. Early mornings it runs great.

deoee

I still don't get how their servers can be so shitty.

They are part of google and it prints money. Make the game stable FFS

Firemind

i still have no idea how rare pokemon spawn locations work. is there a site where users can submit them? because i've seen fuck all.

Chaos17

Some pokemon are region exclusive, but can I still get them from eggs even if I'm not in that region?

Seems not region exclusive but need more testemonies to see if it's true.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4tl9tr/i_found_a_farfetchd_in_the_united_states/

I still don't get how their servers can be so shitty.

They are part of google and it prints money. Make the game stable FFS

Actualy, I've read they're not part of Google anymore, they went solo XD
http://www.androidauthority.com/ingress-niantic-labs-leaving-google-independent-company-633561/

panda-zebra

He's supposed to be. Did you catch him in the US?

No sorry, NW England.

So what's the US exclusive/s?

i still have no idea how rare pokemon spawn locations work. is there a site where users can submit them? because i've seen fuck all.

Have you tried installing ingress and looking for clusters of XM on the map? It seems like a decent guide the few times I've checked it. The spawn location I've been tracking has a large cluster of XM. It gives 4 spawns an hour, just after the hour, 15 minutes later, 15 more minutes then 7-8 minutes later for the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom