• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
Got a bunch of new Pokémon today! The fish, the opera lady, the swirl frog and the clamp. I'm happy. 😄

Basically given up on using this game any time other than my 5am morning walks. Servers are shit. The capture rate curve for high levels is shit. The lack of pokestops is shit.

No Man's Sky can't come soon enough.

jokkir

Do you get the same experience points going from Pidgetto > Pidget to Pidgey > Pidgeotto? (Same with other 3 evo Pokemon). I have around 15 Pidgey's, Drozee's, Caterpie's, and Weedles that I need to evolve and a few Lucky Eggs to use

lt519

Just reminded me of Silicon Valley Season 2 (sorry for the low quality):

3wF2Zxx.gif

Wollan

It's about 6am Tokyo time now. How many hours until the gates are opened I wonder. Looking forward to play this again... next week?

MajorMane

Do you get the same experience points going from Pidgetto > Pidget to Pidgey > Pidgeotto? (Same with other 3 evo Pokemon). I have around 15 Pidgey's, Drozee's, Caterpie's, and Weedles that I need to evolve and a few Lucky Eggs to use

500 XP for each evolution (and obviously 500 more if it's a new Pokemon).

Don't ever evolve Pidgeotto into Pidgeot unless you want one for 'dex completion/battling. For XP gains, it's much more efficient to just evolve Pidgey. (Same with Caterpie, Weedle)

oti

Banned
My favorite thing about Pokemon Go are the incredible names non-gamers make up for them, somebody told me they got a 'dead fish' today :D

Magikarp
Jynx
Poliwag
Pinsor?

I love the "opera lady" nickname.

I actually know some of them (used to know ALL of them as a kid I was super cool I'm tellin ya) but in German. So instead of looking up the English names I just used some nicknames. 😄

gutshot

Yes. Just do the first evolutions, if all you care about is the XP.

Biked 12k under 15mph, game says I clocked 4.3k on my 10k eggs.

Awesome.

This might explain why. https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4tl7a0/started_a_5k_egg_before_for_my_5_mile_run/d5i5pt2

The better fix this shit and FAST! A bunch of my friends are already starting to loose interest due the issues.

To name a few:
-Shit servers (root of all problems below)
-"nearby" feature is broken: tracking was a cool feature that just doenst work. Now i dont even feel like exploring for anything on the "nearby" screen.
-Constant freezing and loosing pokemon due to ball glitch
-Random ass stuff like a 20CP Weedle breaking out of 5 balls in a row... wtf.

Its almost getting to the point where its more frustrating than fun, which is not good considering people can only handle so much bull shit before they move on. I'll admit that i am hooked at the moment, but it could be sooo much better, and they are seemingly doing nothing to remedy the situation. Instead, they launch in more countries which only increase the problem... come on dude.

Pokemon Play at Balboa Park Damages Rose Garden: Visitors

I live 20 minute from this area, and I played this game there during the Saturday after launch. So I'm impressed (key: disgusted) how some people are devoid of common sense to play while avoiding property damage.

I could share with folk's complaints about the game in this thread, but to me it's things like this that really grinds my gears. Practice some decorum and be responsible, trainers!!

Sorry if I'm passing on FUD, but doesn't it do pedometer too to better calibrate distance and encourage walking instead?

Seriously disappointing if true, because it doesn't even track my walking distance accurately. I walk over 10k every day between work, class and my apartment and it has very rarely accurately measured this.

j-wood

Mother of god, this is hilarious:

I am a 25-year-old Pokemon enthusiast who wants to help YOU become the very best.

My service is simple. I will travel around the local Colorado hot-spots in 1-4 hour shifts signed into your account capturing every single Pokemon I come into contact with, activating every Poke Stop I pass and walking non-stop to help hatch your eggs. I will even send you hourly updates while you're doing whatever you want informing you of any exciting things I've come across for you. I will also teach you Pokemon training tricks, gym battles, and strategy tips if you would like.

As long as you have either 2 step verification or security questions on your google account I am only able to play Pokemon and cannot access your google account. This keeps your private information safe.

This is a great way for you to acquire new Pokemon not commonly found in your area and to just give you a large boost so that you can show off to friends. I do all the work for you so you can spend your time on other activities.

https://cosprings.craigslist.org/vgm/5690144070.html

lt519

Biked 12k under 15mph, game says I clocked 4.3k on my 10k eggs.

Awesome.

Pretty sure the limit is 12mph though. I also have this problem as I tend to average 16-17mph biking by myself and 14mph with my wife. When I average 14mph I do get 4-5km out of a 15 mile bike ride.

Pretty sure the limit is 12mph though. I also have this problem as I tend to average 16-17mph biking by myself and 14mph with my wife. When I average 14mph I do get 4-5km out of a 15 mile bike ride.

Jesus. Fine Niantic, next time I go for a Pokemon ride I'll strap my iPhone 5 to the stem and leave Strava open to make sure I don't break 12mph, while holding my current phone at the same time.

Kyrios

The better fix this shit and FAST! A bunch of my friends are already starting to loose interest due the issues.

To name a few:
-Shit servers (root of all problems below)
-"nearby" feature is broken: tracking was a cool feature that just doenst work. Now i dont even feel like exploring for anything on the "nearby" screen.
-Constant freezing and loosing pokemon due to ball glitch
-Random ass stuff like a 20CP Weedle breaking out of 5 balls in a row... wtf.

Its almost getting to the point where its more frustrating than fun, which is not good considering people can only handle so much bull shit before they move on. I'll admit that i am hooked at the moment, but it could be sooo much better, and they are seemingly doing nothing to remedy the situation. Instead, they launch in more countries which only increase the problem... come on dude.

I have to agree, still having a blast playing this game but I think once this game starts becoming a chore I'll probably stop playing until they implement gen 2.

lt519

Jesus. Fine Niantic, next time I go for a Pokemon ride I'll strap my iPhone 5 to the stem and leave Strava open to make sure I don't break 12mph, while holding my current phone at the same time.

Yeah, I was pretty peeved by it at first. I feel like the heart of the mechanic was to get people to exercise. I know they don't want people getting a leg up while they bike so they could have at least tiered it. For example anything over 10mph gets the distance cut in a 3rd and anything over 20 mph is not counted. Give biking an acceptable range that is still equivalent to the time commitment of walking 10km.

May I ask why? Just better moveset?

Highest CP/HP and better moveset for attacking. But I can take down higher CP Vaporeon's with my Jolteon just fine. Doesn't really matter too much.

Dinjooh

I actually know some of them (used to know ALL of them as a kid I was super cool I'm tellin ya) but in German. So instead of looking up the English names I just used some nicknames. 😄

I still dread the days as a kid when we were vacationing in germany and we turn on the television and to our surprise and delight there's pokemon on - that is until they actually start saying stuff.

*internally screaming*

Is there a recommended Eevee CP to use as a base to evolve to? My highest right now is only 292, I figure I should probably hold off until I have caught like at least a CP 500 Eevee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom