• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mugwhump

I can't choose my starter. When I tap anywhere nothing happens. Bug?

Nvm, I figured it out. I had to enable the high-accuracy location tracking (which constantly sends my location to google). Bah.

At least there's a gym and two pokestops right outside my house ᐛ

y2dvd

This game got some weird leveling curve for some reason. At lvl15 right now and even the low leveled green circled pokemons are breaking out of great balls at high frequencies when I don't think one even broke out with a regular ball when I was at a much lower lvl. -_-

The Cowboy

Such a nice day at work, just sat at my desk with the app running and i got a Pikachu, a Dratini, a Starmie, a Koffing and a Rapidash - good times.

Owari

Nope. They have no intention of fixing it.

They will just wait until the hype dies down and it fixes itself.
Their logic is ridiculous. I can't believe this is a Nintendo Seal of Quality game.
latest

:( this used to mean something.

tookhster

The one day I have to go to my college campus for an appointment and the servers take a shit. There's stops all over here and I can't even log in.

Poona

So I haven't been playing this for too long (only level 6) but I have never seen some of the things people talk about like nearby Pokemon, footprints, and rustling grass. Do they only show up after a while or what?

What is shown in the bottom right of your screen on the map as you walk around? That is where the tracker sits. If you select it, it is meant to show you which pokemon are closest by the amount of footprints.

You can then select a specific pokemon you're after and have it sit in the tray to watch how close you are getting to it.

spekkeh

Banned
So I spent a week in bumfuck, Belgium. Now I'm finally back home where there's actual pokemans around, but now all the gyms have pokemans that are at least 3 gazillion CP higher than mine. I'm tapping an swiping like fuck, but there's no way to defeat a pokeman that is significantly higher in CP than your own is there? So basically if this keeps up with all the nolife kids in my hood, who will always retain their edge, there's no way I can do more with this game than just catch em all is there?

Nictel

The better fix this shit and FAST! A bunch of my friends are already starting to loose interest due the issues.

To name a few:
-Shit servers (root of all problems below)
-"nearby" feature is broken: tracking was a cool feature that just doenst work. Now i dont even feel like exploring for anything on the "nearby" screen.
-Constant freezing and loosing pokemon due to ball glitch
-Random ass stuff like a 20CP Weedle breaking out of 5 balls in a row... wtf.

Its almost getting to the point where its more frustrating than fun, which is not good considering people can only handle so much bull shit before they move on. I'll admit that i am hooked at the moment, but it could be sooo much better, and they are seemingly doing nothing to remedy the situation. Instead, they launch in more countries which only increase the problem... come on dude.

Fans will stay but casual players will leave soon if this remains. I don't understand why they didn't add more servers..

Firemind

So I spent a week in bumfuck, Belgium. Now I'm finally back home where there's actual pokemans around, but now all the gyms have pokemans that are at least 3 gazillion CP higher than mine. I'm tapping an swiping like fuck, but there's no way to defeat a pokeman that is significantly higher in CP than your own is there? So basically if this keeps up with all the nolife kids in my hood, who will always retain their edge, there's no way I can do more with this game than just catch em all is there?
Amsterdam is surprisingly full of low cp gyms.

Just in case any one has a similar situation. I live on a army base during the week and there's always zero Pokemon around.

Incense still works though, and puts a Pokemon at your feet, seems like it's constantly been 6 Pokemon per incense, 1 every 5 minutes. Caught a seemingly good mix too.

Durden77

Ugh. Accidentally hit "Try new account" instead of retry when it wouldn't load and now I have no chance and am just getting sent back to the "Server having issues" screen. When I was logged in I could usually at least keep trying amd get in.

Fucking great.

Does this game really expect me to walk 10K with this game loaded up and my phone screen on just to hatch an egg?

I've hatched around 8 of them, plus many more 2-5k eggs, so... Yes? Though I doubt the game cares if you actually do it or not.

You don't have to do it all at once, and there's an option to turn your screen off. I just shove it upside down in my pocket and check it every now and then at work.

Growlie19

Only one new catch today, with a Doduo hatching from a 5K egg. That being said, I found a wild 500 CP Venomoth and got my first 1000+ CP mon with Vaporeon, evolved from a 390-ish CP Eevee. I also got my second 10K egg. Praying that it does not end up becoming an Eevee....

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
I won't head outside on purpose and waste my time hunting 'mons until the main issues have been resolved. Don't mind playing if I was already planning to leave my house though.

The Cowboy

Turn on battery saver, put the phone in your pocket upside-down, profit.

Pulls out phone after 10k and the app is closed and it only recorded 0.1k - i do love that the battery saver mode doesn't disable the main front buttons when using it (it really should).

There really is some silly design decisions with this game (not recording steps with the app in the background being a big one).

The Cowboy

The app is utter trash but its pokemon, sooo yeah.

This is it in a nutshell, it has Pokémon and they are very popular - hence money raining from the sky for the makers of the game. It matters not that the app barely functions and is feature bare - you can catch Pikachu with it!!! (yes, i have spent £7.99 so far on it :-().

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom