• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Oxx

While I appreciate the increased diversity and number of spawns, the game has been a lot more crash-prone today.

I'd like to apologize for shitting up the thread yesterday with complaints. I was sick and my anxiety is through the roof. No excuse, but I am sorry.

Side note: Can the extra stuff from Pokestops stay? PLEASE!

I got a second "first catch of the day" bonus yesterday afternoon after getting one in the morning. I haven't gotten another one today so I wonder if my "new" day starts this afternoon now...

FINALLY got a Dragonite! After 135km walked with my Dratini.

He has 2389 CP pre-boosting and has Steel Wing and Dragon Claw, are those decent moves?

Just need Lickitung, Lapras and Chansey now.

Joni

Hatched Caterpie, Pikachu and Jigglypuff today. Two 2 KM eggs to go and my basket is empty. That way I'm sure there are only level 20 Pokémon left.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'd like to apologize for shitting up the thread yesterday with complaints. I was sick and my anxiety is through the roof. No excuse, but I am sorry.

Side note: Can the extra stuff from Pokestops stay? PLEASE!

This would be amazing. This event was going to be my saving grace, but it ends on Friday. I live in Indiana...It gets dark by like 5:15-5:30. Had it lasted until Saturday, I could at least hit up Indy for a few hours and stock up. But instead, because it's dark so early, I can't go take advantage of it here. Boo.

AdanVC

I was all excited and about to write that I've been getting tons of new spans today but just now I'm reading that is because of a damn event that will end on friday??? SIGH, I was so hyped thinking this additional new spawns were going to be permanent, goddammit!! :'(

In other news, finally, after more than two months of hard work, I'm finally ready to do a super massive evolving session with a lucky egg. I have 17 new evolutions for the pokedex:

-Butterfree
-Beedrill
-Cleffabble
-Wigglypuff
-Starmie
-Gloom
-Dugtrio
-Golduck
-Alakazam
-Weepinbell
-Tentacruel
-Slowbro
-Magneton
-Dewong
-Cloyster
-Hypno
-Electrode

And all of them with 80+ IVs!

And I will evolve some others that I already have to use them for gym battles since they hatched from eggs and have excellent IVs:

-Arcanine
-Exeggutor
-Nidoqueen
-Nidoking

And I have tooooons of pidgeys an rattatas to evolve as well for even more aditional XP.

I'm currently at level 23 with around 54k of XP so I hope I can reach level 24 after this and from there, well, hope I can still have some motivation left to continue playing since this evolving session was the only thing that kept me playing...

Oxx

I cleared-out my egg-sack. I was tired of having 8 or 9 5km eggs constantly.

In replenishing my sack I got:

1x 2k
5x 5k
3x 10k

GulAtiCa

Just got another 10k egg, so I'm up to 4 on deck currently. Waiting for the next double candy event. Hopefully which will be around Christmas.

holy fucking shit

just tried leveling up a lvl 3 gym for the first time since the update....is this a damn joke? did they even test this in the field.

this is so infuriating. what a waste of time.

KiDdYoNe

Just got home since last update and only see rattatas spawn while it was 2-3 mons every hour. Anyone knows currently working maps? Something not showing mons, but showing spawn points will do.

Teppic

Training a gym was bad enough before. I'm never going to attempt it now. Doubled items from stops are nice, but it should always be like that outside of cities.

zulux21

While I appreciate the increased diversity and number of spawns, the game has been a lot more crash-prone today.

yeah... given that was all done before the update on server side... I don't know what the update did but it plays noticeably worse right now in general.

Dynasty

Got 125 candy for Nidoran(f) and poliwhirl so evolev them both to the third form. Also evolved my ponyta so currently at 111.

Memles

And then there were 140—through fortuitous hatches and walking during/after the Halloween event, Charmeleon, Charizard, Venusaur, and Machamp are checked off. Just Kabutops and Omastar to go.

Movesets were...fine? Ember/Fire Blast for Charizard, Vine Whip and Petal Blizzard for Venusaur, which could be worse. However, Machamp managed to get Bullet Punch and Stone Edge, so I've got a Fighting Pokemon with zero fighting moves. Not ideal.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
holy fucking shit

just tried leveling up a lvl 3 gym for the first time since the update....is this a damn joke? did they even test this in the field.

this is so infuriating. what a waste of time.

Yep, I'm done with gyms for the time being. Training is an ordeal, not bothering with it anymore.

Theres also a weird bug since before the last update... if you are listening to music with aux/headphones plugged in, it will lower the music when the game is open. When a notification pops up it will return the volume to normal (which is really loud if you are in the car with an aux cable)

Anyone else run into this/ know of a fix?

Theres also a weird bug since before the last update... if you are listening to music with aux/headphones plugged in, it will lower the music when the game is open. When a notification pops up it will return the volume to normal (which is really loud if you are in the car with an aux cable)

I fucking hate this bug, but I'm sure it was done intentionally so people don't completely block themselves out listening to music and walking across the street playing Pokemon Go.

I have pretty bad hearing and need to listen to stuff louder than the average person, but this bug sets the max volume way too low for me, but then when I switch apps to do something else my ears get blown out. Fucking sucks.

Seems intentional, which is obnoxious as fuck.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I threw like 15 great balls at a Wartortle and it finally was a great ball with bonus that did it. Starters and especially the evolutions are a nightmare to catch. That Wartortle gave my final push to Blastoise, it has water gun and flash cannon. Apparently the best defensive moveset, but I'm not sure he's actually worth dropping in a gym. +1 at least, at 137 now.

Tomorrow I'm going item hoarding. Trying to hold gyms has drained my potion count severly, I'm at like 200/400 items.

cHinzo

Wow those blue scum took over the only 3 red gyms in town. Time to get them back tomorrow, since everything is already lvl 10 from Mystic. >_> We from Valor deserve some gyms too.

710 CP Eevee popped up (like 95% filled bar at level 24), and then the moment of truth when I appraise it...

"Overall, your Eevee simply amazes me."

YAAAAAAAAS

Not sure if I should evolve it now or wait for gen 2. Might wait.

710 CP Eevee popped up (like 95% filled bar at level 24), and then the moment of truth when I appraise it...

"Overall, your Eevee simply amazes me."

YAAAAAAAAS

Not sure if I should evolve it now or wait for gen 2. Might wait.

I have over 430 Eevee candies at any given moment.

Everytime I get an Eevee that's at level 24/23, I evolve it hoping for a Vaporeon.

and guess what i never get

I used to wait for one that was high level AND had high IV's. I just realized that's not really worth it at all in this case, since Eevees are super common for me.

Wow I thought you guys were kidding about the PokeStops, but geeze I just got a ton after class today downtown.

I wish GO Plus would use other balls. Or does it? If we get an increase of Great/Ultra then that's less Pokeballs which means less Pokemon for capturing.

I threw like 15 great balls at a Wartortle and it finally was a great ball with bonus that did it. Starters and especially the evolutions are a nightmare to catch. That Wartortle gave my final push to Blastoise, it has water gun and flash cannon. Apparently the best defensive moveset, but I'm not sure he's actually worth dropping in a gym. +1 at least, at 137 now.

Tomorrow I'm going item hoarding. Trying to hold gyms has drained my potion count severly, I'm at like 200/400 items.

It's pretty normal to spend 10 or more minutes trying to catch a dragonite with all ultra balls and berries being used. starters take almost as long and they are no where near as good

I really think the gym change was a bad one, and this is coming from a person who has never a pokemon in a gym for over a day more than twice, and who checks out only 10 or 20 coins at a time 95% of the time. I had a pokemon in 5 gyms ONCE, but that was short lived. I was contributing 0% to the stagnation.

I thought gym stagnation was bad in the sense that seeing the same gyms held by the same teams at level 10 just seemed, well, stagnant... And it would suck for people on the same team who could never get their Pokemon in certain gyms.

But I thought it was a good thing in the sense that it was a pretty valid reward for players who coordinated or played together to hold down a territory.

A huge part of my motivation to play and work my way up in strength was to have the luxury of being able to have a pokemon in a gym for a few days, and being able to get coins on days that I'm not actively doing something. (Because I typically couldn't play like that everyday) I really want to be able to buy more incubators... I envied people like BowieZ (my rival) who could regularly check out 400 coins (and tons of stardust) because of all of the gyms they had every day. I can only imagine that's on the extreme side. If I could have 5 pokemon stay in a gym for 2+ days, that would be awesome for me. It was an enticing goal to work for.

I don't really think I need to go over why I think the specific changes they made are bad, but here are some changes that I think would have been much better.

There was nothing wrong with the speed of building up gyms or taking them down before. There just needed to be more of a reward for someone who takes the time to take it down... Whether it's in more XP, some stardust, whatever.

They could have even made a daily bonus for lowering the level or prestige of a gym each day. Things like this would encourage people to actually spend more time taking down these gyms because it would actually be worth the time.

On the plus side, I hatched Snorlax for the first time a few days ago. 2 days ago as I walked to school (on a route where I normally take the bus), I came across a gym inside some grocery store. Trained it up 1 level, got sniped by a teammate, trained another level up, put my 2263 Snorlax on the top, and it's still there. Yay. Feels great to check out coins for a Pokemon that's rightfully held its place for this long.

I mean I, don't really care? One with 80% IVs and one with 100% is such a minuscule difference. 80%+ is good enough for me regardless.
Yeah, as long as it's 80+ I don't care.
Hope the Pokemon gangbang that is going on right now will still be active on the weekend since I'll be going for some rounds with a friend

I'm really dreading all the single stage Pokemon in gen 2.

Sudowoodo
Aipom
Yanma
Murkrow
Misdreavous
Unown
Wobuffet
Girafarig
Dunsparce
Gligar
Quilfish
Shuckle
Heracross
Sneasel
Corsola
Delibird
Mantine
Skarmory
Stantler
Smeargle
Miltank

Whew. Gonna be fun to collect those.
What do you guys think will be as rare as Snorlax, Lapras, Chansey, Aerodactyl, Porygon etc?
Think we'll get more region exclusives?

Top Bottom