• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

I just arrived at Disney World and it's the Promised Land. I'm just constantly smashing my pogo+ button and catching everything I can but the items are pulling up still lol

Damn, you're there at the best time right now. Well, maybe the double candy before could have been better, but too many ghost types.

Have fun, and grab a Dole Whip for me! :D

Azole

Neo Member
Damn, you're there at the best time right now. Well, maybe the double candy before could have been better, but too many ghost types.

Have fun, and grab a Dole Whip for me! :D

I was there during the halloween event... It was awesome! Definitely too many ghost types... Dole Whip with rum was awesome too! :)

Yes, it's the GOAT!

Sadly, I won't be able to go until next year this time. Planning on staying about 10 days from the end of the Halloween Event to the beginning of the Christmas ones.

Wonder what the state of Pokemon Go will be by then. :)

so two eggs just hatched. I had one spare incubator left so I wanted to hatch another 2. Didn't see that I leveled up to 30. When I saw all those incubators, glorious!!!

I shouldn't Pokemon Go and drive but if I didn't I would have missed this:

pW0ZYwG.png

That puts me at 135 and I should be able to get Machamp and Raichu tomorrow.

WildZero

Theres also a weird bug since before the last update... if you are listening to music with aux/headphones plugged in, it will lower the music when the game is open. When a notification pops up it will return the volume to normal (which is really loud if you are in the car with an aux cable)

Anyone else run into this/ know of a fix?

You can force the volume back to normal on iPhone by triggering Siri. Just hold the home button until she asks what she can help you with, then tap the home button again. Switching between apps will lower the volume again, but you just need to repeat the Siri trick.

Hatched 5 5km eggs. Nothing really worth it. But I only need two Pokemon left that hatch from 5km eggs so the chance is rather low anyways. Put my last 2 eggs in now, will be the first time that I hatch all eggs that I have, interesting.

Oxx

I've spent all week dragging around my Omanyte buddy to get to 50 candy, and then one pops in the wild to get me over the hump.

If either (or both) of the 10k eggs I have on the boil are Omanytes, I'll be even less impressed.

Do we know if the extra spawns and such event will last through Friday like the Halloween one did, or will it end Thursday night at midnight?

I have Friday off and really want to level up so I may spend my morning walking. I may buy some incubators to get the most out of it. Walk 5-10 km before lunch and clean up.

Also I added so much to my Pokedex last night. Jynx, Electabuzz, Seel, Ivysaur, and enough candy to get a few 3 stage evolutions.

Now at 118 caught and seen 122. Will jump to 125 or so.

My friend hatched a porygon which bums me out lol.

Yesterday was the most fun we've had playing Pokémon Go since launch. It was so engaging, having people go find the rarer spawns and report to the others where it was.

Having so many items and Pokémon spawn that we had to manage our items and what Pokémon to catch.

The new gym priority also let us all get our stardust and coins, which is nice too.

Has anyone hatched a ditto yet?

Dynasty

Decided to walk home frok the tube station today and Im glad did. The main Highlights, I caught 2 squirtles, a voltorb and 3 oddishes as well as hatching a voltorb and ekans. Now at 100 squirtle, 93 oddish, 41 ekans and 48 voltorb candy. Hopefully I get a squirtle that is a wonder before reaching 125.

There're still quite a few level 10 gyms over here. As a mystic, I'm taking the time to take down other teams gyms but no one else seems to want to do so. Can't blame them, it takes around an hour even if you're high level.

It's very hard not to know about it. I'm admin in a pokemon group for the city and there're hundreds of posts about the inflated pokestops and pokemon spawns.

Firemind

Well yeah if you're in a group

Sometimes I just see people playing when they're walking their dogs, battle for a little while and quit.

One of my colleagues only plays when he walks his kids to school

Well, Father McBusy obviously doesn't have an hour to take down a gym, but YoungGuy FreeTimeson does.

What I'm saying is that I haven't seen the movement I expected from this event over here. Maybe the game is deader than I thought.

Teppic

I've now gotten 200 coins from gyms. My life is complete.

Bag upgrade or pokemon storage upgrade?

When I first started playing it I would have picked bag, but now I'm not sure. I have 64 great balls and 74 ultra balls. It's not like I need more. Although more is better.

Insaniac

Well, Father McBusy obviously doesn't have an hour to take down a gym, but YoungGuy FreeTimeson does.

What I'm saying is that I haven't seen the movement I expected from this event over here. Maybe the game is deader than I thought.

I have definitely seen gyms start to go down. Not all the way, but people can now easily chip away at them without them being trained back up an hour later. Level 10 gyms around me dropped to 9, then 8, and then 7.

Bag upgrade and then go take advantage of the double items!

WPS

When I first started playing it I would have picked bag, but now I'm not sure. I have 64 great balls and 74 ultra balls. It's not like I need more. Although more is better.

Bag upgrade is definitely more useful now - I find my pokéball numbers can plummet so its nice to have a large buffer, and I found myself hitting the old limit on any one city trip.

Pokémon Storage upgrade isn't so useful - I've only come even close to the limit when hoarding mons for a lucky egg spree during double-candy-spooky-week - but it will probably become pretty much mandatory if you want a living dex AND a decent selection of fighters once gen 2 comes out.

Insaniac

I have not yet purchased one pokemon storage upgrade. Unless you play a LOT you shouldn't be hoarding any extra pokemon. Only keep high IV pokemon with relatively high CP for evolving. Any others should be transfered for the bonus candy. I only keep a small regiment of ratatas and pidgeys for evolving when I use a lucky egg.

Weebos

Banned
I have not yet purchased one pokemon storage upgrade. Unless you play a LOT you shouldn't be hoarding any extra pokemon. Only keep high IV pokemon with relatively high CP for evolving. Any others should be transfered for the bonus candy. I only keep a small regiment of ratatas and pidgeys for evolving when I use a lucky egg.

Depending on how many you catch it might be worth it to save the rarer ones for the holidays. We might get double candy transfers again.

Oxx

Yeah, I was just thinking today... when gen 2 comes I'll need hundreds of new Pokemon spaces.

Niantic gonna make their cash.

Joni

Hatched the last two eggs I had, Charmander and Zubat. With a completely empty back pack I went through 12 pokestops. More than 50 items and a single egg.

Dynasty

I am stoking up on certain candy for pokemon in preparation for Gen II. Zubat, Horsea, Chansey etc.

Also wonder how theyll deal with the Eggs, obviously theyll replace pokemon like Electabuzz with Elekid but im worried about there being too many pokemon choices out of the eggs especially the 5k eggs. Maybe they might make Kanto and Jhoto specific eggs or better yet put your incubator into jhoto/kanto mode and a pokemon from that region will hatch.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Heart skipped a beat as a Kabuto of all things spawned at work. First one I've seen, not one caught. Throw berry, figure great ball will be enough... Fucker runs after 1 ball. 140 seen, dammit.

They'll probably give a free Pokémon storage expansion when they add more. If not, I'll probably already be collecting them via gym-earned coins by then anyway. :p

Firemind

I am stoking up on certain candy for pokemon in preparation for Gen II. Zubat, Horsea, Chansey etc.

Also wonder how theyll deal with the Eggs, obviously theyll replace pokemon like Electabuzz with Elekid but im worried about there being too many pokemon choices out of the eggs especially the 5k eggs. Maybe they might make Kanto and Jhoto specific eggs or better yet put your incubator into jhoto/kanto mode and a pokemon from that region will hatch.
Finally. No more Electabuzz, Magmar, Jynx, Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee from 10k eggs. Maybe Munchlax will be 5km :3

Dishwalla

Banned
Somehow I warped from my apartment in Ghent Norfolk all the way down to near Great Bridge Chesapeake, at least 20 miles away. What is up with the game's GPS?

Somehow I warped from my apartment in Ghent Norfolk all the way down to near Great Bridge Chesapeake, at least 20 miles away. What is up with the game's GPS?

That's actually your mobile operators fault.

Yesterday there was a blackout here in the neighborhood and my character teleported about 5 kilometers away for fifteen minutes.

Replicant

Sometimes I catch so many Pokemon that I lose track of what I already got since sometimes I don't check their stats until I get home. Went over my collections and thought "Wait a sec, I already have 3 good IV version of that? And when did that Persian with perfect movesets and IV got into my collection?"

BowieZ

Banned
I can't believe how much money I wasted on this game.

Is there any way I can ask for a refund?

Their change to the gym system completely ruined all of my goals with this game.

BowieZ

Banned
Bro u got 400 coins a day

That got me two free incubators every 3 days: so nothing.

Although 5k daily stardust was nice.

Our goal was team domination. Which was fucking hard considering how many Valor and Mystic were out there.

Now it's thug lyf mad dashes in cars to hold 10 gyms at once in a field of level 3s. That's not what I signed up for.

Top Bottom