• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Saw a level 7 gym and thought "ooh! I can raise that and get one of my mons in"
After a run I saw how far the prestige dial moved and immediately said "nope" and left: I don't have a whole goddamn hour to spare grinding away only to inevitably get kicked off before the 3 hours left on my cooldown is even finished.

teeny

So a Chansey spawned up the road. I flew out of my front door in my bright orange M&Ms PJs, no fucks given. I'm glad there's only like 2 spawn points here. If it's not right, it's left :p

3 remaining. Going to be a long road to Venusaur and Charizard. Got some 10K eggs ready though, might get lucky with Aerodactyl.

Final goal is to get all of the medals gold.

deanote666

Load up the game fresh while at home. Check the nearby as soon as it pops up and see a dratini. 2 seconds later, it refreshes and the dratini is gone...

Just when you need FPM...

Dishwalla

Banned
Really curious on how they are going to distribute the legendaries in a way that is fair. I'd be super fucking pissed if I found and Articuno and it flees after I give it a berry and throw an Ultra Ball at it.

Yep, but leaving the gym instantly vulnerable to a quick takeover.

Well, yeah. But people tend to be really shitty at behaving cooperatively so they're still going to do it anyway, a LOT, because there's too much personal incentive for shitty someones to FIRST! their legendary in, cash-in fast, and preemptively fuck up the whole gym for everyone else. So yeah, that sounds like an awful idea. No need to make fucking over your team look attractive.

zulux21

1 legendary per gym, and it must be the top of the gym.

So if you rush in to put it in, other people can only put lower CP mon in that gym.

nah...
obviously they will just make legendaries really hard to get and make some new legendary only gyms that you have to have a legendary to put in that gets you a huge HUGE YOU HEAR ME SAY 20 coins and 1k stardust per day by being in.

teeny

Really curious on how they are going to distribute the legendaries in a way that is fair. I'd be super fucking pissed if I found and Articuno and it flees after I give it a berry and throw an Ultra Ball at it.

I have a theory it might be tied to gyms and the teams that hold them which might be why they changed the prestige system - it prevents a single team from holding an area by stacking all the gyms to level 10.

My theory is that at some point the gyms will hold a legendary bird based on the team that was holding it. People will need to whittle down its "prestige" in order to capture it. Then it resets for however long the event lasts. Once it's over, gyms go back to being neutral and it all starts over again.

zulux21

I have a theory it might be tied to gyms and the teams that hold them which might be why they changed the prestige system - it prevents a single team from holding an area by stacking all the gyms to level 10..

*looks around town*

no it doesn't.
not at all.

everything is still level 7 or higher blue, with any gym that dipped below that steadily climbing back up to 10 with most gyms back at 10 @_@

*looks around town*

no it doesn't.
not at all.

everything is still level 7 or higher blue, with any gym that dipped below that steadily climbing back up to 10 with most gyms back at 10 @_@

Sure as fuck isn't that way in basically the entire Phoenix metro area and major suburbs. Everywhere I go gyms are level 3 or lower, with the EXTREMELY RARE level 4 here and there. People are just turning gyms and dumping Pokémon into free slots - no training at all.

teeny

*looks around town*

no it doesn't.
not at all.

Perhaps where you are, there are an extraordinary number of Mystic players? I don't know, where I am gyms that had sat at level 9/10 for months are now around level 1-3 and change hands constantly. Gyms are insanely easy to topple now, and a PITA to level up.

Gonna wake up early on my Friday off to try and take advantage of the spawn rates. Hopefully they stay like the Halloween event lasted for a couple days after it was supposed to end.

Hit a 86000 lucky egg evolution tonight to hit 26! Almost halfway to 27 too.

I've been in Los Angeles, California for about a week and the Pokemon are basically rock, ground, fighting, and fire types. Lots of Machop, Geodude, Sandshrew, Ponyta, and Growlithe. I've caught several Pokemon as a passenger (high traffic still makes cars move slow), but I had my first hunt since Halloween at the legendary Santa Monica Pier.

I was in that specific part of the city for different reasons, but I just had to check out the Pier based on the hype. The Pokemon spawns are indeed really good. For this migration, there was a particular concentration of Kabuto, Omanyte, Clefairy, and Magnemite, but basically anything is fair game there.

The absolute biggest mistake I made was not sticking around long enough for the Hitmonchan spawn. It was only after I left, that I found out he was a consistent spawn. My hunt was only a little under two hours, so I didn't truly see how crazy the spawns could have been. I do not care about the event ending, but I may consider going back before the migration change solely for that spawn. I may even finally get a Dratini worth using my 155 Candy on. I still haven't registered Dragonite.

I've heard about Aerodactyl and Dragonite spawning, but I just can't count on it. I still have to go through some more 10km egg hell.

I've been out of Coins ever since the event, and I'm not ready to buy any more yet. I was able to acquire 300 extra Coins from my territory before it was all taken down, so I used them on 2 Incubators. I was only able to hatch two out of my four 10kms, and I got Jynx and Magmar. Pretty disappointing, but at least this particular Magmar is very strong. I've put the other 2 10kms in Incubators, and I pray to God that Aerodactyl hatches.

I did some more evolutions just to re-roll some movesets. On my second Clefable, I got the excellent Pound/Moonblast combination. I also got Poison Jab/Earthquake on Nidoqueen and Ember/Fire Blast on Rapidash. Unfortunately, I received Bullet Punch/Stone Edge again on my second Machamp. Machamp is very easy to make in California, so I will have another shot soon. My first Machamp took me over four months to acquire, but the second one only took a week.

My trainer leveling has slowed down dramatically. I hit level 31 during the event, and I have 190K/500K EXP for the next level. I could end up not getting to 32 at all, but 32 will be my absolute wall if I somehow get there.

I will try going to Pier on Monday or Tuesday. It was amazing to see so many people playing Pokemon GO at this location. I talked with a couple of players, and it was just an amazing thing. The game is dead in so many parts of this country, but my experience here shows that PoGO has life in some areas.

Found a Charmander on the big patch of grass next to my work this morning, then another in the exact same spot when I had my lunch break.

I'll probably never see another one when spawns go back to normal though :(
Up to 52 Charmander candy (after walking one through Halloween).

I've actually already got a
CP 33
Charizard, so if I can one day hatch a good Charmander I'll evolve him to Charmeleon while I wait months to get the rest of the candy.

Edit: Oh shit a Grimer just spawned in my house.

Joni

They can't be one off Pokemon because then we can't train them.

So, I find a 100% Tauros...

and it has Tackle, Horn Attack, and its CP is only 22. lol

Why do I bother.

So you can trade it.

Firemind

There's a Lapras event starting from today until the 23rd in Japan. Lapras are apparently as common as Gastly during the Halloween event LOL

Cw8lso7UkAETKJE.jpg

Red Fire

Just saw the first blastoise ever in my life!! It popped up on nearby when i was in the car with my brother on our way back home. I was immediately like "FUCKKKK A BLASTOISE!"

I jumped out of the car and said go ahead i will walk home, see ya! He was like are you forreal?? I ran around the corner and there he was

1500+ CP. Berry + hyperball + curveball + great throw + gold water medal. Breaks out. Try again 2 more times. Runs away

:)

:')

Masked Man

I said wow
The awkward thing about the Lapras event is that they're spawning where the big tsunami hit five years ago... I get that it's intended to promote tourism, but it still feels a little wrong.

Makarov Cubone

Neo Member
Funny thing about this Lapras event is one of the spoofers in my area has already put up a bunch of them in gyms of wildly varying CP he didn't seem to have before.

Hope this is also going to be the bait for a good banwave. Crossed a massive ocean in a few moments, went around for a couple of minutes and caught a bunch before crossing back to where they were originally in the same or less time, and all on the same IP for the entire duration? Sounds like a winning formula for a no worries auto-ban.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Are the spawn rates still high? Heading to the park in a bit.
Still looks high to me. I waded through a sea of Spearows on the way to work.

Pokestops still giving 6+ items too.

Funnily enough, with all the Gastlys during the halloween event, I still never caught one that appraised well.

The double Event is still going for another 24h?!
Man I'm so looking foreward to play with my friend tomorrow, haven't been out really playing this game for a long time, only on my way and at work.

GulAtiCa

The double Event is still going for another 24h?!
Man I'm so looking foreward to play with my friend tomorrow, haven't been out really playing this game for a long time, only on my way and at work.

Today is the last day I believe, so tomorrow will be too late most likely.

Chuckie

Just saw the first blastoise ever in my life!! It popped up on nearby when i was in the car with my brother on our way back home. I was immediately like "FUCKKKK A BLASTOISE!"

I jumped out of the car and said go ahead i will walk home, see ya! He was like are you forreal?? I ran around the corner and there he was

1500+ CP. Berry + hyperball + curveball + great throw + gold water medal. Breaks out. Try again 2 more times. Runs away

:')

Lmao. I am not laughing at you missing the Blastoise...but the way you wrote down the experience. The smilies killed me.

Top Bottom