• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Just saw the first blastoise ever in my life!! It popped up on nearby when i was in the car with my brother on our way back home. I was immediately like "FUCKKKK A BLASTOISE!"

I jumped out of the car and said go ahead i will walk home, see ya! He was like are you forreal?? I ran around the corner and there he was

1500+ CP. Berry + hyperball + curveball + great throw + gold water medal. Breaks out. Try again 2 more times. Runs away

:)

:')

I only seen one in the wild. CP120....... but atleast i got him

zulux21

I hope everyone gets all the gen 1 exclusives and then we never do exclusives ever again.

my wife and I were talking about this.

"Team rocket ring broken up, rare pokemon from around the world escape and are in the wild everywhere. Please help us capture them to make sure they are safe."

for the next 5 days all region exclusive pokemon are no longer region exclusive.

aka we would be okay with it as long as it was an event they ran from time to time to allow others to get them without going over seas.

I hope everyone gets all the gen 1 exclusives and then we never do exclusives ever again.

my wife and I were talking about this.

"Team rocket ring broken up, rare pokemon from around the world escape and are in the wild everywhere. Please help us capture them to make sure they are safe."

for the next 5 days all region exclusive pokemon are no longer region exclusive.

aka we would be okay with it as long as it was an event they ran from time to time to allow others to get them without going over seas.

I like the idea below. I'm not against exclusives, but I wish Niantic would do something so those who can't travel could get those. And if we can't, let us have something.

Walking to Chipotle for lunch today; an Ivysaur randomly popped up. Took like 5 candy and 5 Ultras, but finally snagged the little bugger. A tad over 800CP.

It was the first time in a while I was genuinely excited for a spawn since I've never seen one before.

Firemind

Goddammit. The gym closest to my house is always attacked by the same valor dude. He must be living in a house in range of the gym, because the minute I take it over, he attacks it. get a life smh

Biske

Wait, wait, wait, wait, you are telling me, that Poke stops suddenly giving a decent number of items, that makes the game more playable and enjoyable, was just a god damn event? Not a permanent change?

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally?

Wait, wait, wait, wait, you are telling me, that Poke stops suddenly giving a decent number of items, that makes the game more playable and enjoyable, was just a god damn event? Not a permanent change?

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally?
Yup. Same thing with the increased number of Pokémon I'm afraid.

Biske

Yup. Same thing with the increased number of Pokémon I'm afraid.

This fucking game. Thats unfucking believable.

This game, doesn't really work if you are just playing casually. If I don't go out to a poke stop haven and do some item grinding, instead just play casually on a lunch break or when I go to the store, I very, very quickly run out of items.

Weirdly when you don't have pokeballs, revives or potions, the game is, completely unplayable.

This game, doesn't really work if you are just playing casually. If I don't go out to a poke stop haven and do some item grinding, instead just play casually on a lunch break or when I go to the store, I very, very quickly run out of items.

Weirdly when you don't have pokeballs, revives or potions, the game is, completely unplayable.

not true

you can always sit and trim out your pokemon storage

Joco

Finally got my Charizard thanks to a Charmander nest. Ended up with Wing Attack and Flamethrower as moves, can't help but be disappointed I didn't get Fire Blast. Oh well.

jariw

Unless you just walk eggs. If you just play it without planning ahead, I'm afraid you'll probably need to buy the pokeballs instead. You also need to plan even further ahead if you want to reach a really high level.

Kinokou

Thanks for letting me know the event is over. My new home spawn points are however still live! I can live with this I guess.

You can force the volume back to normal on iPhone by triggering Siri. Just hold the home button until she asks what she can help you with, then tap the home button again. Switching between apps will lower the volume again, but you just need to repeat the Siri trick.

Late reply but holy shits thanks for the tip.

Finally evolved Kabuto through the buddy system. Caught one in the wild and have walked every candy since. Also managed to finally evolve Kadabra to Alakazam (98% too).

The last big question marks for me are Venusaur who I need about 35 more candies for, and Snorlax, Hitmonlee*, Hitmonchan, and Aerodactyl. I think I'll probably keep playing during my commute to walk Ivysaur and when that's done that'll probably be game over.

(*I actually saw a Hitmonlee on my radar the other day and I walked around for 15 minutes in a huge sweep of the area and got nothing. :( )

An Omanyte spawned outside my house, that's new.

One more of those and I can evolve into Lord Helix, but I don't have one with good IVs.

BowieZ

Banned
Wow. This thread is really dead, isn't it. (30-odd posts in one day, compared to 150 a day at the start of the thread.)

Niantic fucked up.

Joni

Went to a supermarket, parked on the rooftop parking lot, opened Pokémon Go, got surrounded by 10! Pokémon in one go. Also managed to snag a Pikachu for a Raichu. A Level 20 almost perfect IV Raichu is only 1148 CP though :'(

border

Wow. This thread is really dead, isn't it. (30-odd posts in one day, compared to 150 a day at the start of the thread.)

Niantic fucked up.

How is it remotely reasonable to compare the thread activity of a just-launched game to one that is over 4 months old?

Not a lot of people posting about Uncharted 4 anymore -- Naughty Dog really fucked up.

GulAtiCa

lol, this thread is far from dead. Still pretty active it seems. Hell, was very active during the Halloween event and last week's event too.

Oxx

It has been a bit encouraging to see a bunch of lures on today.

It had gone very quiet on that front recently.

zulux21

Niantic fucked up.

even if niantic was doing everything perfectly it would be the same.

it's late fall soon to be winter in the vast majority of the player base's case.

the talk/gameplay was always going to die to a crawl during nov-march.

that is why I think april will be when gen 2 releases. as it will get people excited for the game again as it starts to get nice out again.

Firemind

son of a bitch

there's this lvl. 35 mystic guy who's taking over my gyms and i was so nice to leave mystic gyms alone and only target valor gyms

that's it. your lvl. 10 gyms are going down, motherfucker.

GulAtiCa

I'm about 70k away from lv 29! Prob be by the end of the month. I went ahead and bought another Pokemon storage unit, since currently all starters, dratinis, growlithes, exeggcute & Nidorans I find I keep and won't transfer until the next double candy event. With over a dozen Bulbs, 10+ Exeggcutes, 11 Dratinis and so on, it adds up quickly. And that was since the event ended last week. I also now have 176 Dratini candies. Still waiting until I find a good 80+ Dratini/Dragonair. No luck so far, but I'll have enough candy to level one up!

Also, I now have 6 10k eggs. So hopefully there will be a Christmas event, so I can hatch them. I hope I finally get a Lapras! Even a Dratini will be great.

Oxx

It's still exciting here.

For the first time ever, I left the house to chase a silhouette. 1.5km of walking later, I caught my first ever Dragonite.

138 caught now.

Replicant

Hm. What am I supposed to do with these nice Horsies?

RKRYKp8.png

I suppose evolve most but I already have a good Rapidash.

I swear I have the weirdest 'luck' with this game. I wish I can get a good IV Snorlax instead or even good IV Abra or Grimer, dang it!

son of a bitch

there's this lvl. 35 mystic guy who's taking over my gyms and i was so nice to leave mystic gyms alone and only target valor gyms

that's it. your lvl. 10 gyms are going down, motherfucker.

Take them all down. I hate the Valors in my city. A bunch of greedy assholes. Mystic is well, opportunistic. You down a gym and they'll immediately try to get it now that it's weak.

BowieZ

Banned
How is it remotely reasonable to compare the thread activity of a just-launched game to one that is over 4 months old?

Not a lot of people posting about Uncharted 4 anymore -- Naughty Dog really fucked up.
It's fucking Pokemon on everyone's mobile phones in the real world that was the biggest phenomenon of 2016 other than politics.

It's embarrassing.

Finally reported the total GPS hacker in my girlfriend's neighborhood. Thought they had been banned or quit since I hadn't seen them in a while, but there they were last night sweeping every gym in the area faster than physically possible even by car, in areas where they would by necessity be visible if they really were fighting the gyms, with their team of every single regional exclusive.

Hopefully Niantic does something about it. My girlfriend and I each submitted reports, so that's at least 2.

Top Bottom