• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

GulAtiCa

A freaking Venasour just showed up at my work!! Took me like 20 Ultra balls, but I got that sucker. Horrible stats, but a nice little additionl to the team to use for against water Pokemon. Cp 1707

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
That's actually a surprisingly good idea. That or caterpie or weedle is optimal
Nah, walk someone who you rarely see (for me its Squirtle right now). Pidgeys are pretty darn common.
You'd have to walk 12 km for 4000 xp extra. Personally I'd rather have 4 Charmander candy for that amount of walking.
Ditto. I'd much rather continue to walk my Dratini. I can easily catch like 12 Pidgey's a day instead.

Thanks for the perspective guys. That's the kind of tradeoff I was wondering about.

Ditto is not that rare, I take it? Got 3 so far. One with great IV, one with mediocre, and one with awful one.

You have no idea how much I hate you right now.

I've wasted something like 60 great balls and a bunch of ultra balls on various pidgeys and rattatas, and I have nothing to show for it. Meanwhile, one of the pidgeys that ran on me today turned out to be a Ditto. Now every time a pidgey or rattata runs on me, I assume it's a Ditto and feel bad about myself. Every time I waste three ultra balls and it turns out to be a normal rattata, I feel bad about myself. I swear this game hates me sometimes.

orochi91

Ummm...

My Magikarp transformed into a Ditto.

I thought only Pidgeys and Rattatas turned into Ditto upon capture, lol

Now I'm gonna start catching everything I see

:v

The new tracker is kind of neat. It showed me a Dratini a little more than half a mile away from my home that would otherwise not have shown up on the old tracker. I had enough time to walk there and catch it before it despawned, too. It'd be nice if the nearby page was paginated and you could see both the new and old tracker though.

hirokazu

I've wasted something like 60 great balls and a bunch of ultra balls on various pidgeys and rattatas, and I have nothing to show for it. Meanwhile, one of the pidgeys that ran on me today turned out to be a Ditto. Now every time a pidgey or rattata runs on me, I assume it's a Ditto and feel bad about myself. Every time I waste three ultra balls and it turns out to be a normal rattata, I feel bad about myself. I swear this game hates me sometimes.

Why are you throwing Ultra Balls at Rattatas, even if they might be Dittos.

I've heard Zubat as well, and from one source I saw Spearow and Oddish.

Definitely Zubat and Magikarp as well.

Replicant

Try using lure/incense. The first one I got was when I was using lure and the 2nd one was when I was walking around with incense.

I'd love it if Geodude, Sandshrew, and freaking Paras were possibilities too. All three are far more common in my area than Rattata and Pidgey ever since they reduced those spawns, and Zubat and Magikarp have never been common around here.

Do you guys keep a living dex or just keep fully evolved/high IV Pokemon?

I try to keep a living Dex, though I'll often not have lower evolutions on hand due to evolution sprees. And I'm missing some middle evolutions just because of limited candy/general rarity.

I wasted all my Ultra balls on low level Pokemon today. I'm spending a few days in the country and there's a lot of Mons but very few Pokestops, so I've exhausted my entire inventory of balls trying to catch a Ditto today to no avail. Even wasted 100 coins on some balls for the first time ever. Very frustrating.

Dishwalla

Banned
Been catching Pidgey and Rattata all day and still no Ditto. Also used two incense, but those don't help when all they spawn is Ekans/Bellsprout/Caterpie/Eevee, basically any common Pokémon but Pidgey and Rattata. Did get a Dratini off the second incense though, one slight upside.

Because I already had one Ditto run out on me (other people caught the same Pidgey and it was a Ditto). That Ditto I threw a normal pokeball at. I sure as hell am not making that mistake again. I also have more ultra balls than great and normals combined at this point.

Every time I catch a pokemon and it says "Gotcha!" I now groan in disgust. I hate this.

hirokazu

Because I already had one Ditto run out on me (other people caught the same Pidgey and it was a Ditto). That Ditto I threw a normal pokeball at. I sure as hell am not making that mistake again. I also have more ultra balls than great and normals combined at this point.

Every time I catch a pokemon and it says "Gotcha!" I now groan in disgust. I hate this.
LOL, I think you need to have some patience. They don't seem to be too uncommon given that so many people have caught at least one already.

Wow my Pokémon Go went 60fps and it was super silky smooth.

Still no Ditto for me...

Happened to me once. Man that was smooth.

EDIT: Thank god they nerfed Dwegong, otherwise I'd be furious right now since mine got Aqua Jet T_T

And the Silphroad got updated to the new CP values, cool.

Anyone thinks Tangela is worth leveling up? I got a 15/15/11 one with Solar Beam...

Radec

Hatched 2 10km eggs..

Scyther (5th time from egg) and Omanyte (3rd)

Fucking Lapras still not showing.

Wow my Pokémon Go went 60fps and it was super silky smooth.

Still no Ditto for me...

Yeah it should have been the default or at least have an option to enable 60fps permanently.

I know double experience/stardust is supposed to be going on right now but honestly I dont notice a difference in mine. Maybe i just never really paid much attention before but is there any special indication to show that its double exp or something?

Chuckie

I know double experience/stardust is supposed to be going on right now but honestly I dont notice a difference in mine. Maybe i just never really paid much attention before but is there any special indication to show that its double exp or something?

Nah, it is just twice the number. For instance normally you would get 100 xp for a catch, now you get 200.

orion434

I've been saving my candies, even from before the Halloween event. Hit lv 30 and got 3 lucky eggs, uesd the 1st one and almost got 150K EXP from evolutions. I might be able to make it to 31 on lucky egg exp!

How many Pokemon can you evolve with a lucky egg (without tricks like closing and reopening the game)?

I've haven't cared for leveling since I've been over 20 (at 25 now just through general playing), so I have 3 lucky eggs and 680 Pidgey and 820 Rattata candies.

Gonna use them up during this event and see what level I hit.

Joni

How many Pokemon can you evolve with a lucky egg (without tricks like closing and reopening the game)?

I've haven't cared for leveling since I've been over 20 (at 25 now just through general playing), so I have 3 lucky eggs and 680 Pidgey and 820 Rattata candies.

Gonna use them up during this event and see what level I hit.

Nowadays 70-80.

tauke

ncUKw8R.jpg

8tdymeR.jpg

Mine disguised as a Rattata.

Anyone thinks Tangela is worth leveling up? I got a 15/15/11 one with Solar Beam...
I always had Tangela as my mid range trainer, but after the stat boost it got I consider it the best grass type Pokemon from gen 1. Every other is now just XP fuel for evolving with a lucky egg.

It always gets vine whip (the best grass attack type) and solar beam is just the cherry on top. I'd boost it if I were you.

LOL, I think you need to have some patience. They don't seem to be too uncommon given that so many people have caught at least one already.

Niantic haven't said anything about whether Ditto is time-limited or not, so I'm assuming I only have until the end of the current event to catch one.

Top Bottom