• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

cHinzo

Thanks. Does this mean that the CP for hatching a perfect pokemon has changed as well? Because most of my pokemon that have changed were hatched and perfect or close to perfect according to the old chart.
Don't think the IV has changed. Only the formula to calculate the CP.

Dynasty

150k exp using lucky egg. I leveled up to 26. I think ill hit minimum 27 by the end of the event, unfortunately i dont have anymore lucky eggs.

Chuckie

After. Just before the word "_______ was caught". Instead of that, you'll get "Oh?"

And I just got that...thank God haha.

What can be a clue (I know it is anecdotal, but it happened to me twice and same with colleagues) is that an easy (green circle) Pokemon seems hard to catch. The first ditto was a 28 CP Pidgey that escaped 3 red balls and 1 blue ball.

For the second (the one I caught) I just used a blue ball. My colleague had to use one red ball and two blue balls

JavyOO7

Based off of impressions from the silphroad subreddit, the 'nearby' thing has a ways to go to get good. But I'm confident Niantic will fix it. Its gonna be a while, though. I think.

GulAtiCa

Got my Ditto! Was a Ratata in disguise. Given how many are getting their Dittos quickly, I imagine that the % chance of finding one right now is likely somewhat high. I bet maybe after this week, if they did make it high, that they might reduce the chance a little to make it more uncommon.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Started out today at 80ish pokéballs and had to catch like 50 before I got Ditto. Another +1 in the bag. 141/143.

In under an hour, both a Poliwrath and a Snorlax wandered by outside my office. Thanks for two new entries! Still no Ditto even though I've collected lowbies for lucky egging later.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
ha, I'm at that same Pokedex amount too. What are your 2 missing entries? Mine is Lapras and a Farfetch for some reason....

Pinsir and Kabutops. I can walk out Kabuto but that's like 70+ km still. I'm hoping one of the future nest changes can put me at the full 143.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Event's on! Time to evolve a boatload of Pidgeys.

Does it make sense to have a Pidgey as my buddy for now? I want the additional candies for evolving.

JavyOO7

Does it make sense to have a Pidgey as my buddy for now? I want the additional candies for evolving.

Nah, walk someone who you rarely see (for me its Squirtle right now). Pidgeys are pretty darn common.

Ditto are available now? I played a ton yesterday and didn't find one. Well, I got a lot of new pokemon, so it wasn't so bad. Hatched a Slowpoke, and found a wild Aerodactyl(!!), Sandshrew, Diglett and Porygon(!!!). I mean, they turned out garbage, but still.

It's a bad day for me today, since I got intoxicated and now have to stay home and rest, so I thought it was a wasted day. I went to the drugstore to get my daily stop and maybe a catch and lo and behold, a Snorlax spawned right accross the street. 2300cp, not too shabby.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Issue that I keep running into: stops & gyms not loading. They just don't appear and I have to restart the app. App reboots plenty so one more can't hurt, but annoying either way.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Issue that I keep running into: stops & gyms not loading. They just don't appear and I have to restart the app. App reboots plenty so one more can't hurt, but annoying either way.
Also had this happening two or three times in the past couple of days.

So it seems likely (though not 100% confirmed) that Ditto is set on specific Pokemon spawns, not just decided at random when you catch one of the host pokemon. Two people in my office caught the same Pidgey and both got a Ditto out of it.

Of course, the Pidgey ran on me, so I didn't get anything. I still have no Ditto. Feels real bad.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
So it seems likely (though not 100% confirmed) that Ditto is set on specific Pokemon spawns, not just decided at random when you catch one of the host pokemon. Two people in my office caught the same Pidgey and both got a Ditto out of it.

Of course, the Pidgey ran on me, so I didn't get anything. I still have no Ditto. Feels real bad.

Yeah the Ditto you catch, is Ditto for everyone.

GulAtiCa

I have at least 50 now, maybe 55+ I can use. I just need to decide if I want to buy 1 or more lucky eggs. I'm lv 29, so after lv 30 I likely won't care as much about levels soon after. Think I'll buy just 1.

Also, finally figured out what my new Dratini stats are, it's a 82% Dratini, with the HP & Atk being 15 but Defense being 7.. Really wish it was higher. Oh well, I already have a higher I% IV Dragonite, so I'll go ahead and use this to evolve and get my 2nd Dragonite.

Dynasty

So far I have spent £16 on the game so far. £8 during the haloween event and £8 now all on Incubators. Dont think I will be spending anymore until the next event that is after Gen II Pokemon have been added to the game. Fingers crossed for some new pokemon enteries, on 119 right now.

Edit: Make that 120, just caught a Ditto. It was a Rattata.

I really REALLY want to hatch 9 10km eggs during this event and double the xp from those along a bunch of evolutions plus the 7 day pokestop bonus. I've 6 eggs, looks like I'm gonna have to jog to work every day this week.

Chuckie

You'd have to walk 12 km for 4000 xp extra. Personally I'd rather have 4 Charmander candy for that amount of walking.

GulAtiCa

Double Stardust is awesome!
Cx-U09bXUAE4Qge.jpg:large

You'd have to walk 12 km for 4000 xp extra. Personally I'd rather have 4 Charmander candy for that amount of walking.

Ditto. I'd much rather continue to walk my Dratini. I can easily catch like 12 Pidgey's a day instead.

Edit: I now have about 73 Pokemon I can evolve. So, I'm def doing a massive evolve tonight.

Firemind

FFS I still haven't caught a Ditto. Also I'm not sure what the purpose is to put Ditto in gyms. Its CP is abysmal so you'd just screw over your own teammates.

GulAtiCa

FFS I still haven't caught a Ditto. Also I'm not sure what the purpose is to put Ditto in gyms. Its CP is abysmal so you'd just screw over your own teammates.
Cp actually doesn't matter. It's own level matches the level cp of copied Pokemon. So if ditto is lv 20 and copies Dragonite, it's cp becomes Dragonite at lv 20. In short, cp changes based upon copied Pokemon.

Dynasty

When a Ditto transform it takes the stats and moves of the pokemon but keeps it own level.

^beaten

Firemind

I mean, its CP is so low it'd be at the bottom of a gym more often than not, and who wants to power up a Ditto AND fight one with attacks that are most likely resisted?

Top Bottom