• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Ashodin

Trying to catch a ditto, but Lucky Egg shot me through the roof on XP. Straight into level 23!

ALSO HATCHED A SQUIRTLE FROM A 2KM EGG :O

zulux21

please lord, let this mean a global rollout is near

We will be expanding the ability for Trainers to test this updated version of the features and provide us with feedback. Starting today, Trainers in the following areas will now be able to use the new Nearby and Sightings functionality:

United States of America: All states west of the Mississippi River (except Hawaii and Alaska)

Canada: British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and the western half of Ontario.

Australia: All states and territories

:/ I missed it by like 80 miles @_@

Dhx

My first post here, but have been an active player since launch. Am I alone in feeling like this new tracker just kills the game?

No more checking the tracker wherever I am and getting excited for a hunt. Now it's.. Here's what's at the pokestops near you. Take it or leave it. Anything else? Goodluck playing blind.

I used to go out in my neighborhood all the time upon seeing a good spawn. Now I doubt I'll even open the app unless I'm at a major pokestop hub.

Dropped a Lucky Egg earlier. Got like 160,000 XP, lol. Yay level 28! Just gotta drop 2 more and I'll be 29, and I have the candy and coins to do it. Just need the actual Pokémon to evolve lol.

No more checking the tracker wherever I am and getting excited for a hunt. Now it's.. Here's what's at the pokestops near you. Take it or leave it. Anything else? Goodluck playing blind.

But there was never a "hunt" though. It was always wandering around blindly and hoping you ran into something.

And sightings are still a thing anyway.

My first post here, but have been an active player since launch. Am I alone in feeling like this new tracker just kills the game?

I used to go out in my neighborhood all the time upon seeing a good spawn. Now I doubt I'll even open the app unless I'm at a major pokestop hub.

If you're not near a pokestop, it goes back to sightings.

Replicant

Got a Ditto with 88.9%IV. Yay! He was masquerading as a Pidgey. Then when it was going to enter the assessment screen, it went "Oh" and the background changed into purple and sparkling. Then Ditto shows up.

xhJVyLT.png

Also, the Event pamphlet:

EDIT: Holy sheet, they're huge. Sorry, fixed that.

AdanVC

Oh god just when I wanted to take some time off of this game, now Ditto appears as well! That is just great! Looking forward to catch mine :D

So the new tracker will now just show the pokemon around the stops in lieu of everything else?

It will also show Pokémon not found near stops on the bottom half of the screen under "Sightings". However since there's a maximum amount of Pokémon that can appear on the screen and "Nearby" Pokémon at stops take precedence, they can "push" the "Sightings" Pokémon out if there are enough at the stops.

It will also show Pokémon not found near stops on the bottom half of the screen under "Sightings". However since there's a maximum amount of Pokémon that can appear on the screen and "Nearby" Pokémon at stops take precedence, they can "push" the "Sightings" Pokémon out if there are enough at the stops.

That's not a bad trade off then. I'd rather take the sure thing than aimlessly walking around looking for a pokemon not near a stop.

jotun?

Sightings list seems broken for me.

There was -always- something on sightings before, but now it just shows 3 things at the single pokestop a mile away, and nothing else

So only pidgeys and rattatas turn into Dittos?

Anyone caught one in Europe yet? Bummed we don't get the new tracker.

Lol the new tracker is terrible. My list before was 5 Pidgey, 2 Rattata, 2 Spearow, 1 Meowth.

And if you're in an area low on Pokestops it's going to be showing you stuff that's ages away rather than what's actually nearby.

Complistic

New tracker seems awful for me. I can't even hunt locally with the Venn tracker with this garbage.

That's it, I'm completely finished with this game. I tried so hard, and they just keep making it worse.

last-straw.jpg

hirokazu

That's not a bad trade off then. I'd rather take the sure thing than aimlessly walking around looking for a pokemon not near a stop.
No, that's what it used to do until the latest client came out. Now it won't show Sightings at all if there's even a single Pokéstop nearby with Pokémon. Sounds like a change for the worse, it should ideally show both unless there are too many Nearby.

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/nearby-nov2016/

Spoit

It doesnt seem like Dittos are all that powerful? Or do they mimic the pokemon they are fighting?

I think I heard that the CP is proportional to the circle thing. So when this guy took the ditto into a training match, it was actually 400 CP higher than the mon it copied. Which was less than useful, since it was a training match, so it killed the points he got

3 hours and no Ditto.

Enough Slowpoke candy for Slowbro though.

Got about 59K XP tonight without any lucky eggs, so if I can get another couple afternoons out of this I'll probably hit 28 before doing a mass evolve to hopefully get me close to 29.

That leaves me with December to prep for the push to 30 like I wanted to do, but man is it gonna be a cold series of hikes to get there.

Chuckie

I've been catching low Pokemon like a mad man.... no Ditto yet ;_;

Edit: Three colleagues catch the damn thing while my Pidgey (Ditto) escapes... The fucking irony... I was the one who told them to look out for Ditto.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
No Ditto luck yet, even thought I caught a bunch of fodder. Doesn't matter, exp boost makes it worth it either way.

PSFan

I was looking through my Pokemon this morning and noticed something very strange. Apparently, the CP for some of my Pokemon have changed for some reason.

For example, I have a couple of Geodudes, that were 475 CP and 474 CP, today they are 675 and 674. I also have a couple of Magikarps that were 149 CP and 148 CP that are now 125 and 123.

Did Niantic do something that might have caused those changes? Because I haven't done anything to them and now they are suddenly changed.

cHinzo

I was looking through my Pokemon this morning and noticed something very strange. Apparently, the CP for some of my Pokemon have changed for some reason.

For example, I have a couple of Geodudes, that were 475 CP and 474 CP, today they are 675 and 674. I also have a couple of Magikarps that were 149 CP and 148 CP that are now 125 and 123.

Did Niantic do something that might have caused those changes? Because I haven't done anything to them and now they are suddenly changed.

http://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/en/post/cp_update/

Ditto is in the game now? Great.
Also I need only 4 candy for my Dragonite. But I won't do it with my buddy but catch the one last Dratini.
Then only 15 more candy for Machop
Then Ditto

And then I'm at 143 :)

What are the best move sets for Kingler? Want to level up one of those now.

Top Bottom