• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

GulAtiCa

Did a lucky egg last night and evolved 75 Pokemon and got 150k! Now I'm just over 100k to level 30. I'll probably be 75k away by time event ends.

I evolmy 2nd Dragonite and got Dragon Breath / Hyperbeam. Not bad. Currently trying to level it up, luckily I have enough Dratini candies. Just need more stardust.

Dynasty

Hatched a Tangela, with Vine Grip/solarbeam and 77% perfection. The moveset is good but no idea if i should invest stardust into it. Also caught a second Ditto both of them arent that good.

Firemind

wait

blissey is going to have 3219 max cp with the current conversion formula?

dafoe.gif

AdanVC

I still haven't catched a Ditto : / and I've catched plenty of Pidgey yesterday...

Finally got my Ditto, on a lured Pidgey.

It comes on lured stops as well? Niceee! I have a spare lure to use. I haven't seen lured stops in almost a month around my city, I'm not joking! :(

Joni

I still haven't catched a Ditto : / and I've catched plenty of Pidgey yesterday...

It comes on lured stops as well? Niceee! I have a spare lure to use. I haven't seen lured stops in almost a month around my city, I'm not joking! :(

Not that strange. By now people know the good spots for lures.

Oxx

I wish I hadn't used-up all my data for the month.

No Ditto yet and I'm missing-out on all the boosted numbers.

I'll bet Niantic wish they could release more new Pokemon that happen after a Pidgey/Rattata/etc capture given how many Pokeballs people must be burning through to get Ditto.

Maybe before Gen 2 as a teaser add a Togepi egg that you randomly get after some Pidgey capture that takes 20km to hatch.

Joni

Mass evolved and got some 150k. The game wasn't very responsive and crashed so I could have done better. I think ten evolutions were after the lucky egg.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
It feels so lame to have Kabuto as your buddy. It's like 'you can walk with me I guess, but if anyone asks I don't know you'.

Thanks niantic for supporting players in the suburbs. It's not like I don't want ditto and I've spent almost all my pokeballs to try to catch one... stupid update. Except double xp.

Replicant

Please help me solve my first world country problem. Which one would you keep as Omanyte?

SD17E28.png

The first one has higher IV but unbalanced stat. The second one has lower IV but a more balanced stat. When all is said and done, their CP would not differ more than 20CP.

Got 50k stardust and like 300 pidgey candy with 200+ ratatta and only got one ditto. It was from a 62cp ratatta that wasn't caught when I threw a curve excellent ultra Ball with berry included in the mix.

since omanyte isn't exactly top tier I would go for the one you would have to spend less dust on if you get an ideal moveset. evolve first, if it's a bad moveset you still have another great omanyte to evolve later.

dust shouldn't really be the limiting factor to powering up a Pokémon... what the limiting factor should be is finally acquiring a high IV pokemon that evolved with an ideal moveset.

this is a 100% eevee I caught at my house a few days ago...notice my stardust -_-

Screenshot_20161121_005534.png

and I evolved it at level 1 and I got water gun/water pulse vaporeon, the ideal defensive moveset...well, at 100% iv with an ideal moveset I don't believe it's even a question...spend ALL the stardust!

Screenshot_20161124_211958.png

I got that eevee on the 21st and I'm getting pretty close to maxing it to my level. I still powered some of my other pokemon as well (got my 3rd 3k dragonite now) but for now I am not gonna spend dust on anything but that vaporeon.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Sorry to dust off this old chestnut, but someone on another board said you could keep repeating the eevee naming trick if you closed and restarted the app. That's bs right? You can only Rainer once?

I'm saving up those Evees for Gen 2. Hope I won't have to wait too long.
Caught my second Ditto yesterday.
Also trained a gym that had 3 Ditto in it. Funny.

So is it true that the new tracker is being rolled out now? I red it somewhere but here not a single word

Just tried to catch a 150CP Pidgey. Threw a Pokeball at it - Broke out. Threw 3 more Pokeballs in combination with a berry - No success.
Throw a superball because I start to get angry.
It's a ditto lol

Joni

So is it true that the new tracker is being rolled out now? I red it somewhere but here not a single word

Just tried to catch a 150CP Pidgey. Threw a Pokeball at it - Broke out. Threw 3 more Pokeballs in combination with a berry - No success.
Throw a superball because I start to get angry.
It's a ditto lol

It is out in big parts of North America and complete Australia.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I caught a downright redonkulous amount of Pokemon yesterday, but no dice.

Ditto is an elusive fucker, isn't he.

This event, combined with the Ditto hunt, has drained my pokéballs. I had like 120 regulars, now 15 lol. I found 1 Ditto so far, and ceased the bird and rat hunt, because no exp boost can redeem how boring that is.

This event, combined with the Ditto hunt, has drained my pokéballs. I had like 120 regulars, now 15 lol. I found 1 Ditto so far, and ceased the bird and rat hunt, because no exp boost can redeem how boring that is.

Yeah yesterday I was out of Pokeballs and down to about 10 Super and 30 Ultras. Pokemon are also so hard to catch right now, game got me quite mad yesterday.

It is out in big parts of North America and complete Australia.

Yep.

It's also ruined the game.

How the fuck they keep rolling this out without realising how terrible it is I have no idea. TPC should not have given Niantic free reign of this game, they just aren't a big/experienced enough company for it.

Oxx

Meh. I've caught 141 without a working tracker.

I've barely even chased-after anything on the sightings list.

Firemind

Meh. I've caught 141 without a working tracker.

I've barely even chased-after anything on the sightings list.
Yeah some people just have no patience. It's only been three days and people are complaining they can't catch Ditto lol

I remember it was an almost herculean task to collect the original 150.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Got my first Diglett today, woo. It had been eluding me.

98 caught. There are some evolutions I've been delaying for lucky egg purposes though.

What's so bad about it?

It shows you the spawns at the closest Pokestops to you, so it only works in areas overloaded with Pokestops.

Like where I am now, if I go to the shops it still shows me spawns near my house because that's where a Pokestop is, a Snorlax could be just around the corner and I'd never know.

And it can also show multiple of the same Pokemon again, I had 5 Rattata and 3 Pidgey up the other day.

It shows you the spawns at the closest Pokestops to you, so it only works in areas overloaded with Pokestops.

Like where I am now, if I go to the shops it still shows me spawns near my house because that's where a Pokestop is, a Snorlax could be just around the corner and I'd never know.

And it can also show multiple of the same Pokemon again, I had 5 Rattata and 3 Pidgey up the other day.

So rural players get fucked again?
Luckily I live in a city that is crowded with Pokestops. Hope the tracker will come here soon. Might be able to get my Machop candy without the buddy system then.

damn chrome was bugged couldn't type out nothing...

if there are no pokestops in range of your view it shows the nearby in the grass like the old tracker. there are no pokestops at my work but always a bunch of pokemon on my tracker.

and showing multiples of pokemon is a good thing, that's how the old tracker was...you don't have to guess if you just missed the one you were looking for, and it's easier to discover whether or not you're in a nest.

I caught a snorlax the other day because of the new tracker ad well. it spawn at a Pokestop at a courthouse, it was pretty cool to see him there.

Firemind

Is it just me or are Eevee spawns rarer since the cp update? Before I would catch a half dozen every day. Now I've only caught one in three days. Three of them ran away but still.

Joni

That is simply not in line with the San Francisco that we were jealous of. This was the original design that we all wanted. But at least this shows even Niantic thinks the Sightings system wasn't good enough if they are completely dumping it.

Pokemon-GO-Update-1.jpg

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
So for pokemon appraisals, does only the first line really matter? The one about IVs?

What about the stuff about stat bonuses?

Top Bottom