• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Red Fire

I have caught 4 dittos, none were hard to catch. 2 great balls at most. One of them is even somewhere around lv 28.

Edit: aaand caught my 5th ditto. With a pokeball again

Joni

Saw a Golem and a Farfetched in a gym, so I'm at 141 seen. Hitmonlee, Dragonair, Kanghaskan, Kabutops and Kabuto still need to pop up.

I'm hatching 7 10 km eggs since this thing will be ending tomorrow. If I don't get an Aerodactyl, Chansey or Hitmonchan, I am writing a strongly worded letter to Niantic asking for mostly unkind things.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
got my third snorlax from a 10km egg at this very moment. 1829CP, +80% IV, lick / hyper beam

first one was in the wild, second and third ones from eggs. something I didn't have yet would be good, but I'm definitely not complaining. the first one is still my MVP for gym battles and this new guy will fit right in.

Red Fire

So how many hours are left for this event? I'm confused because i don't know if it will last until tomorrow night or the day after, plus time zones are confusing me in general.
I'm holding off starting a lucky egg session because i need more pokemon so i wanna wait until the event is almost over

So how many hours left?

Lionheart

So how many hours are left for this event? I'm confused because i don't know if it will last until tomorrow night or the day after, plus time zones are confusing me in general.
I'm holding off starting a lucky egg session because i need more pokemon so i wanna wait until the event is almost over

So how many hours left?
I think you have around 26-27 more hours, at least that's when a week has passed here in Europe I think.

Oxx

It usually seems like the events end a bit after we expect, but I don't really want to take a chance with all these evolves.

I should probably just do it now.

Dynasty

Hatched like 5 5k eggs, all worthless. Upside is I got 3 10km so:

What I need for new enteries:
Snorlax
Chansey
Magmar

What I would be ok with for the Candy:
Dratini
Kabutop
Lapras
Omanyte

What would make me question my faith in humanity:
Onix
Jynx
Aerodactyl
Scyther
Pinsir
Hitmonchan
Hitmonlee

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I used to get a good mix of 2k and 5k's with the occassional 10k, but the last few weeks have been nothing but 5k's for me, even 2k's are pretty rare. Not buying any new incubators anymore, waiting til gen2 hits for that.

I didn't think they could make this game worse for rural players but the new tracker does.

I can't see anything listed in my emediate area any more. Only poke stops like a mile away. I know all the spawn points in my neighborhood so when something would show up that I wanted I could do the rounds to find it.

Now they don't show up on my nearby at all.

I didn't think they could make this game worse for rural players but the new tracker does.

I can't see anything listed in my emediate area any more. Only poke stops like a mile away. I know all the spawn points in my neighborhood so when something would show up that I wanted I could do the rounds to find it.

Now they don't show up on my nearby at all.

Yeah it's fun not seeing rare spawns right in front of us at the park in lieu of seeing the spawns at the restaurant Pokestop a half mile away.

:/

Finally found a move that deals a lot of damage to Exeggutor, Bug Buzz. If you have a good Schyther (the best), Venomoth, or Butterfree with that move they're a great counter.

Replicant

Caught a Zubat which turns out to be my 7th Ditto. I wasn't even looking for another one, just want to collect as much Stardust/XP while the clock is ticking.

jnWake

Does this mean that I should keep pokemon that have a high IV but low CP because it's low on the half circle bar?

If they have high IV but low CP then that means they're on a low level. If you plan on spending lots of candies and star dust to level them up then they are worth keeping. IMO, it's easier to get good high leveled Pokémon from the wild (or an egg) than raising a low level one.

Been catching every pokemon that's crossed my path hoping for a Ditto, but no dice. But I did find a Vulpix and Seaking out in the wild. I've also been lucky enough to find several wild Squirtles. One day, I'll have a Blastoise...one day....

Has anyone here actually spent money on this game?

I think out of pocket, a few cents? I spent a chunk of old iTunes gift card credit I had been sitting on for ages the first few weeks the game was out though. I think the last purchase may have pulled some change out of my account, so that would be the only non-gift card money I've spent.

Red Fire

Nope, spent 0 on the game. Well actually 3 bucks through Google rewards (which i installed just for PoGo) but since that doesn't count, no actual money.

Need the last 3 remaining bag updates to max that out. Bought a few box upgrades too, probably gonna buy 1 or 2 more before i solely focus my coins on incubators in the future (which i also bought quite a few of already). Oh and got a couple of lucky eggs too. All with gym coins.

Sitting at 133 pokemon in my pokedex, so only 10 missing. Gonna hit lvl 30 in a few hours, God willing.

Makarov Cubone

Neo Member
Finally found a move that deals a lot of damage to Exeggutor, Bug Buzz. If you have a good Schyther (the best), Venomoth, or Butterfree with that move they're a great counter.

X-Scissor is better. Damage with STAB is non-negligible, and more importantly, it can come out between any of Exeggutor's quick or charge moves and still have time to dodge, so no need to take unnecessary damage like with Bug Buzz.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Nope.
Was actually thinking about it but didn't do after all. Now it doesn't matter anymore anyways.
same. been tempted for incubators, but the dollar exchange rate always gives me pause with IAP (prices are in dollar in my country).

also, I already dropped the game for a while once and I promised myself I wouldn't spend money on it before they released a functional tracking solution. until then I'll keep slumming it with 10 gym coins per day.

GulAtiCa

Probably over $150. Last did the $100 pack back in Aug. Well worth it for my trip to Universal Studios. Hell, many months later I still have nearly 7000 coins. I likely won't need to buy coins again till the summer. Has kept me active.

Currently I'm being conservative with them and really only getting 1 incubator a week. Waiting for the next double candy event as well as gen 2 for me to start using more.

Currently I'm gaining coins each week. I'll be over 7000 in 2 days.

Awayze

Neo Member
I've spent Google survey money but not actual money from my pocket. Still haven't caught a Ditto despite catching like 50 trash Pokemon.

I bought a bunch of incubators but not for about 3 months. Ever since I had three 10k and they hatched into 2 Onix and a Jynx I realised spending real money on eggs was a waste.

So there it is

thotLZV.png

Gen 2 when?

And of course my Dragonite had to get Steel Wing and Hyperbeam Ugh

Top Bottom