• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The potential Charmander nest in London only yielded one Charmander while I was there.

That's still a pretty good haul compared to an average day.

My caught stats are so skewed, ha.

Bulbasaur - 11
Charmander - 6
Squirtle - 60
funny, just checked mine and I also have 6 caught. mine are pretty skewed too.

Bulbasaur - 45
Charmander - 6
Squirtle - 22

The potential Charmander nest in London only yielded one Charmander while I was there.

That's still a pretty good haul compared to an average day.

My caught stats are so skewed, ha.

Bulbasaur - 11
Charmander - 6
Squirtle - 60

Bulbasaur - 11
Charmander - 33
Squirtle - 90

So yeah, I got 3 Blastoise so far. But after they got nerfed anyways I have no intention to level them up.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Bulbasaur: 21
Charmander: 37
Squirtle 27

Went nest hunting, otherwise I never would've had enough for the evolutions.

Bulbasaur: Seen 4, Caught 3
Charmander: Seen 21, Caught 19
Squirtle: Seen 62, Caught 41

And for Yellow...
Pikachu: Seen 2, Caught 1

Had to go to a different city for the Pikachus, and when the first ran away, well, heartbroken.

Seen...

Bulbasaur : 22
Charmander : 27
Squirtle : 72
Pikachu : 7

And that includes intentionally seeking out a Bulbasaur and Charmander nest one time and having never seen a Squirtle nest.

Double D

So we've had events for:

• extra candy
  • extra XP
  • extra stardust
  • extra items from stops
  • extra Pokémon spawns
  • increased spawns for specific species

Think they'll come up with other kinds of events, or should we expect everything going forward to be some combination of these? Actually, I don't know what else they could do. Any ideas?

I agree with the others about the ice types for Christmas. Also if there isn't something revolving around eggs for easter I would be incredibly surprised.

Swamped

Banned
Careful with that cold weather. We have no snow over here, so I can bike to my hearts content. Can't be too happy though, since college next year will force me to only jog in the mornings, if anything.

Thanks! And yes, definitely important to bundle up!

I have one on Nearby practically every day. I'm at 7 or 8 that I bothered catching. This is in the area around the Jubelpark and that is just with walking to/from work, so 30 minutes tops of playing.

Jep, pretty damn common:

Everywhere btw, I've stopped catching them

Use while you're in Bxl: https://brussel.masterball.be/

Awesome! One more for the pokedex when I visit next month. And thanks for the link too.

BowieZ

Banned
I agree with the others about the ice types for Christmas. Also if there isn't something revolving around eggs for easter I would be incredibly surprised.
Pokemon that spawn as eggs and hatch immediately (no need to catch)?

It'd be an actual Easter egg hunt!!

I really hope we get an ice type event for Christmas. Would be perfect.

All four of them?

Jynx, Cloyster, Dewgong and Lapras. Articuno obviously wouldn't happen. That doesn't seem like enough to make an event out of, although they managed to make a Halloween event with three Ghost Pokemon.

They need Stantler and Delibird for Christmas.

ZeroCDR

Charmander is super rare around me, been playing since launch and only just yesterday was able to grind out that last bit of candy needed for Charizard, and that was with it as my primary buddy for Halloween.

Got Wing Attack/Fire Blast so I'm not gonna complain too much, but now I need to power it up :3

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Never seen anything in the Charmander line ever. But I see like one Squirtle per day for some reason.

I misjudged when the event would end. I was going to pop another lucky egg right before it ended. Oh well.

Speaking as someone who has never seen actual snow in his life, it's pretty representative of christmas. Even friends from countries where it has never snowed either always tie it in.

Alright here is my scenario for Christmas:
Starting from Dec. 24th Delibird will show up in the game together with some kind of Event (double XP, Stardust whatever) and one week later on January 1st Gen 2 will be included into the game

Mark my words
Nah, not gonna happen

GulAtiCa

Bulbasaur : 81
Charmander : 13
Squirtle : 77
Pikachu : 37

I should note I went to a Bulbasour nest and caught maybe 15 there. Squirtles are really common. I had to walk my Charmander 205km to get my Charizard..

So i juar got another Jynx from a 10k egg got around 150 candy now but this one has perfect IV. Moves are pound/Ice punch not the best set but she might be good vs Exeggutor and Dragonites since i dont have any larpas. What do you guys think, worth lvling up?

Magikarp was Ditto.

To be honest, I would have preferred the Magikarp.

Haha yes. Yesterday there was a Magikarp here on the campus. There was never a Magikarp at campus before, I was so sure it was a Ditto. It wasn't, so cool I guess.
On my way to my 3rd Gyarados, hope it will have Dragon Pulse

Haha yes. Yesterday there was a Magikarp here on the campus. There was never a Magikarp at campus before, I was so sure it was a Ditto. It wasn't, so cool I guess.
On my way to my 3rd Gyarados, hope it will have Dragon Pulse
I thought Hydro Pump was the best move for it? I evolved a 2000CP+ one and it got Twister. Hopefully I'll have better luck on the next one.

Just hatched a Chansey to get myself to 143 and a complete EU pokedex.

My 10k hatches have been miserable for a long time (18 in a row giving only Magmar, Scyther, Jynx or Eevee, at least Eevee has gone now) - thought I'd need to find it wild. A lot of my collection comes from buddying for long distances to get the required candy (1100km walked, racked up lots in Halloween week). The collector personality inside me is sated.

Fuu

got captcha'd for the first time today while walking around outside. never did spoofing or any of the cheating stuff. took me a second to understand the huge magnemite on the screen.

CassSept

Damn, I'd kill for a rare Pokemon event. I only need Hitmonlee, 13 Dratini candies and 16 Kabuto candies. I'm very close but last month since getting mon no. 139 was sloooow.

AdanVC

I'm salty that everyone here has like three Gyarados already when I only have 100 magikarp candy and there's no nest to be found on my city. Magikarps are rare as hell over here. All the candy I have is from eggs. I guess I should give up on my goal of completing the Pokédex because no way I'm going to walk 300 km only to get a damn gyarados, lmao :'(

GulAtiCa

Tbh I'm saving up Magikarp candy once they give it something else than friggin Bite. How about Ice Fang huh?
I don't know why they got rid of Dragon Breath as a quick move. I still have it on my Legacy 95% Gyrados with DB/HP.

I'm salty that everyone here has like three Gyarados already when I only have 100 magikarp candy and there's no nest to be found on my city. Magikarps are rare as hell over here. All the candy I have is from eggs. I guess I should give up on my goal of completing the Pokédex because no way I'm going to walk 300 km only to get a damn gyarados, lmao :'(

Are there no lakes, rivers, ponds or any sort of water sources in your city? Cause those spawn Magikarps (as well as Slowpokes, Psyducks and even Dratinis) like no tomorrow.

Fuu

59 magikarp candy here. my heart races when i see one in the wild.

So for those of you at 30+, do you live or work near spawns and/or stops?

Because I live and work in an area with nothing there, so I have to dedicate a 20 minute drive to go somewhere decent for stops and Pokémon.

Kinda bummed I'm still like 600K EXP from 30 but then I realize that's almost as much EXP as it took me to get from 1-27 lol.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
If it makes you feel better, I don't have any Gyrados either, and I have nowhere near enough Magikarp candy to evolve anything.

I have a Magikarp as my buddy right now because they're that rare for me, and it honestly feels like animal cruelty because it's just endlessly flopping on the ground beside me lol.

Double D

I don't have a Gyarados yet, but I have like 800 something candies. Haven't found a 'karp I want to evolve yet. Also I'm still only level 24.

GulAtiCa

I'm still searching for a Lapras. One day... I do have 7 10k eggs on me currently at least. There is hope that at least of them is a Lapras. I'll hatch them all during the next double candy event.

Replicant

Apparently, if you have a very old magikarp, he can still possibly get Dragon Breath as a quick move.

Would that be better than Bite? I thought Niantic already nerfed Dragon Breath for Gyarados that now Bite has the same strength as DB. I guess it's cooler-looking. I do have a few Magikarp dated as far as August.

Replicant

Dragonbreath always had the same DPS as Bite. It just so happens that both suck at doing any decent damage.

Gyarados is one of those Pokemon that is cool-looking then you use him as attacker and you go "Fuck me sideways, how is it little rabbits and fox creatures do a better job than you are at obliterating this Snorlax?"

Firemind

Would be cool if they introduced abilities and Gyarados has Intimidate. But yeah, Gyarados was never really a powerhouse without Dragon Dance. Shame since I currently have 1444 Magikarp candies.

Dishwalla

Banned
Did they announce the newer tracking system was available to the East Coast? I'm in Norfolk Virginia and I just noticed I have the new system.

Dominator

Just turned the game on after a long time and clicked on Nearby... What the hell is going on lol, pictures of the Pokestops and you can click on the feet to bring you to it on the map. Its interesting, but I have no idea how it works so far.

Tonight I have finally joined the 143 club.

The whole month of November was basically dedicated to walking Grimer and hoping to get lucky with an egg for Porygon. I finished Grimer 3 days ago and evolved to Muk in an egg session last night before the event ended. On the way home from work today, I check sightings at a red light...and was greeted with the first silhouette I've seen in months. Drove around a little and managed to find him in front of a house in a really shady neighborhood. There was a couple smoking and screaming at each other on the porch. I razzed + ultra balled the great white whale on the first try and got the fuck out of there.

Not much to do now until gen 2. I've prepped any relevant evolves already except for Chansey and my new Porygon. I've set Chansey as my buddy for my evening walk.

Against my better judgement, I tried doing the gym game again last week during the event...ugh. It takes such a stupid amount of time to prestige anything and they just come down too fast. I spent 30 mins raising a level 7 to and 8 on what was once a safe gym and lost it within 20 mins. By some miracle I still have 5 gyms left over from before the change. Dragonite is at a gas station off the highway and has been there for over 2 months, Gyarados is at a tiny church in the middle of nowhere, a Vaporeon at a baseball stadium, Snorlax at another low traffic church, and the last is an Exeggutor whose location I can't remember. I'll continue to cash in on these daily as long as they last as well as the first catch/pokestop bonuses, but that's going to be about it for me until gen 2.

I REALLY hope the legendaries come before gen 2 hits. It won't feel right otherwise.

Top Bottom