• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

I also hit lvl 31 btw.
Nice to finally be able to make some other Pokemon as a buddy. Got Golem with me right now. Gonna level him up to 30 next.

Hycran

Banned
I also hit lvl 31 btw.
Nice to finally be able to make some other Pokemon as a buddy. Got Golem with me right now. Gonna level him up to 30 next.

The worst part becomes not knowing who your buddy should be when you have lots of candy and all 143 entries. Particularly when it takes so long to get candy nowadays. I half expect them to have an item that knocks a kilometre off egg timers, so I'm saving money for that.

As for real money, never spent a dime on the game and I'm maxed out on items and have 350 Pokemon slots. I've lived in places where it is relatively reasonable to get 5-10 a day so I've never been too hard up for cash.

As for real money, never spent a dime on the game and I'm maxed out on items and have 350 Pokemon slots. I've lived in places where it is relatively reasonable to get 5-10 a day so I've never been too hard up for cash.

Yeah if I'm lucky and go out of my way I'll get maybe 4-5 gyms a week. I've dropped money on this game though, so I didn't have to stress about leaving my prime Pokémon catching area on my PoGo days just to get coins for space upgrades.

GulAtiCa

hahahaha

I caught 2 people with likely too much time on their hands, bubblestratting a gym to have 10 Horseas with 25cp in them. Found the gym and decided to take it down, since a lv 10 gym with those takes like 4 minutes and easy exp. I soon found myself being watched as 2 guys (brothers maybe?) started to circle and hover around me. I honestly thought someone just botted this, but nope, 2 guys were there physically switching accounts and boosting the gym up.

So try as they might, they couldn't keep up as I took it down. They clearly weren't so pleased with me. With all their wasted efforts however, I did gain extra exp. Prob gained at least 15k easy exp do to them.

The best thing: After I took the gym down, I left the area and left the gym empty. Cause of the anti-sniping, it means they would have to wait for at least 5 minutes without anything to do. I gave them a thumbs up as I drove away.

I thought it was funny, they probably not as much.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
If they have high IV but low CP then that means they're on a low level. If you plan on spending lots of candies and star dust to level them up then they are worth keeping. IMO, it's easier to get good high leveled Pokémon from the wild (or an egg) than raising a low level one.
Thanks. That's a question I've been wondering about for a while now.

Joni

Almost 100 Bulbasaur candies, but I'll go the extra mile and collect another 25 to evolve a stronger Bulbasaur. Won't have the same patience for Nidoran Male.

Almost 100 Bulbasaur candies, but I'll go the extra mile and collect another 25 to evolve a stronger Bulbasaur. Won't have the same patience for Nidoran Male.

That's only an extra 46 miles if you don't catch any. I totally regret saving up so many extra Squirtle candies to evolve a high stats Blastoise that ended up losing 300 cp in the nerf.

Swamped

Banned
I haven't spent a dime. I'm feeling a bit guilty since it has provided me with a lot of exercise. I've lost 20 pounds on exercise and fit in pants I hadn't been able to use in half a decade.

That is really awesome, congrats! I definitely find myself going out more when I normally wouldn't have because of cold weather or other lame excuses. I need to invest in some touchscreen compatible gloves though!

AdanVC

I've benn kinda lucky with Wheepinbell the last few days. I had only 43 bellsprout candy and I've gotten nothing but bellsprouts on eggs the last two days so now I'm only 7 candies left for Victrebeel :D Wish the same could happen but with Squirtle since I only have 8 candies... Squirtle is ultra mega rare in here : /

Has anyone here actually spent money on this game?

Not a single penny yet. Wich is still incredible since I've been addicted to this game since July. I've gotten the incubators and lucky eggs through coins I got due to gyms. I'm feeling kinda bad for not give some bucks to this game wich has give so much joy so I will buy some incubators later since I have a few 10km eggs :) Too bad it's too late to hatching them before the 2xp event is over :(

Joni

That's only an extra 46 miles if you don't catch any. I totally regret saving up so many extra Squirtle candies to evolve a high stats Blastoise that ended up losing 300 cp in the nerf.
There is a small Bulbasaur spawn outside of my gym so from time to time I can pick up one. I hope this one survives the next nest migration as it isn't a real nest. I have to walk charmander.

Awayze

Neo Member
They need to increase fire Pokemon, Squirtle pops up on sightings here and there, sometimes even Bulbasaur but never Charmander. Maybe Vulpix every few weeks, I know it rains in Manchester but is it really necessary to bombard us with water Pokemon.

rj118

hahahaha

I caught 2 people with likely too much time on their hands, bubblestratting a gym to have 10 Horseas with 25cp in them. Found the gym and decided to take it down, since a lv 10 gym with those takes like 4 minutes and easy exp. I soon found myself being watched as 2 guys (brothers maybe?) started to circle and hover around me. I honestly thought someone just botted this, but nope, 2 guys were there physically switching accounts and boosting the gym up.

So try as they might, they couldn't keep up as I took it down. They clearly weren't so pleased with me. With all their wasted efforts however, I did gain extra exp. Prob gained at least 15k easy exp do to them.

The best thing: After I took the gym down, I left the area and left the gym empty. Cause of the anti-sniping, it means they would have to wait for at least 5 minutes without anything to do. I gave them a thumbs up as I drove away.

I thought it was funny, they probably not as much.

That's awesome! It's fun to take a gym down right after someone claimed it as their own but you're on another level. With the bubble method are you only able to power up a gym with weak 'mons? Or could you fill it with strong ones somehow?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
They need to increase fire Pokemon, Squirtle pops up on sightings here and there, sometimes even Bulbasaur but never Charmander. Maybe Vulpix every few weeks, I know it rains in Manchester but is it really necessary to bombard us with water Pokemon.
same here, I see quite a few Bulbasaurs, and Squirtles have increased lately. I have a +80% IV Venusaur and a +80% Wartortle on its way to Blastoise, but I'm not even close with Charmander.

my only Vulpix was from an egg, I'm planning to buddy it up to Ninetales eventually.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
My city only has the occassional Squirtle as well, but now there's a Charmander nest, but that's temporary. Only water pokémon are common, rest are more rare.

Hatched 7 10km eggs and got mostly trash. Two onix, two magmars, an omanyte, a dratini and a surprising Aerodactyl (which I was missing). Now I just need a Chansey and a Hitmonchan and life can be beautiful again.

This event was great. I made it from level 31 to 33 in a week.

That is really awesome, congrats! I definitely find myself going out more when I normally wouldn't have because of cold weather or other lame excuses. I need to invest in some touchscreen compatible gloves though!

Careful with that cold weather. We have no snow over here, so I can bike to my hearts content. Can't be too happy though, since college next year will force me to only jog in the mornings, if anything.

Joni

Oh yeah, i know that there are some Belgian players here... How common is a Mr Mime in Brussels?

I have one on Nearby practically every day. I'm at 7 or 8 that I bothered catching. This is in the area around the Jubelpark and that is just with walking to/from work, so 30 minutes tops of playing.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Oh yeah, i know that there are some Belgian players here... How common is a Mr Mime in Brussels?

I have one on Nearby practically every day. I'm at 7 or 8 that I bothered catching. This is in the area around the Jubelpark and that is just with walking to/from work, so 30 minutes tops of playing.

Jep, pretty damn common:

c5imLbY.png

Everywhere btw, I've stopped catching them

Use while you're in Bxl: https://brussel.masterball.be/

Replicant

They need more Charmander. They are practically close to extinction in my city.

T-1 Hour before the event ends. I don't want this to end. It'd suck terribly to go back to normal stardust and XP. :(

They need an event where we get 4x Stardust, XP, and Candies. What? I can dream, can't I?

So we've had events for:

• extra candy
  • extra XP
  • extra stardust
  • extra items from stops
  • extra Pokémon spawns
  • increased spawns for specific species

Think they'll come up with other kinds of events, or should we expect everything going forward to be some combination of these? Actually, I don't know what else they could do. Any ideas?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
So we've had events for:

• extra candy
  • extra XP
  • extra stardust
  • extra items from stops
  • extra Pokémon spawns

Think they'll come up with other kinds of events, or should we expect everything going forward to be some combination of these? Actually, I don't know what else they could do. Any ideas?

They could go crazy with spawns like they did in Japan with Lapras. E.g. when it's Mardi Gras they could have rare Pokémon appear more often, even in smaller cities. They're still very conservative in that regard, they could just have a Snorlax day and make him more common for 24 hours.

I'm sure that they're seeing a spike in activity with these events, so I think we'll be seeing them constantly from now on. Christmas will most likely be a double candy event again. Not transferring rare fodder like Machop for that reason, double candy guaranteed before the year is over :p

Awayze

Neo Member
What are the web based working trackers?
I know Pokemesh for Android works but can be slow at times, its not as fast as it was a month ago or so.

Hycran

Banned
You have lots of Snorlax and Lapras candy?

No but walking won't get me that either.

I've got ivysaur as my buddy currently as I grew attached to it during the candy event. Just a little project to slowly pump up my Venusaur. I might switch back to Muk or just throw my big fat dragonite on but it's irrelevant as I rarely walk with the game on anymore.

I've said it before and will say it again: once I hit the original 151, I'm done. The legendary events can't come soon enough.

jariw

So we've had events for:

• extra candy
  • extra XP
  • extra stardust
  • extra items from stops
  • extra Pokémon spawns

Ice types at Christmas? Or region-only Pokemons appearing for a week?

Joni

They need a rare Pokémon type event to help everyone fill their Dex before the next generation. And to switch from species candy to type candy would also be helpful. And of course, just a Legendaries event.

Chuckie

They need a rare Pokémon type event to help everyone fill their Dex before the next generation. And to switch from species candy to type candy would also be helpful. And of course, just a Legendaries event.

I'd love that. I haven't seen a Snorlax or Aerodactyl evah.

I also wonder how they will implement the Legendaries. Will it be some sort event... or maybe even a quest? (They would introduce 'quests' right...or am I remembering wrong and is the only thing we'll get the streaks?)

fisheyes

Ice types shouldn't be associated with Christmas, given that Christmas time doesn't equal snow, or even winter, in much of the world. Double (or more) candy would be great though.

Chuckie

Ice types shouldn't be associated with Christmas, given that Christmas time doesn't equal snow, or even winter, in much of the world. Double (or more) candy would be great though.

Well in some parts of the world it is never winter...so I guess you could never do an ice type event.

Joni

Thanks to Coca Cola and Hollywood, Christmas and Santa Claus = Snow.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Whoa, there are working trackers still?

Are there any global ones?

I feel like it's the only way I'm going to finish my dex. Keep a tab on my city to see if any Snorlax, Chansey or Aerodactyl spawn within driving distance.

Don't think there are any global ones, but you should check locally if people made a tracker for cities around you. Like here in Belgium there are maps/trackers for pretty much every major city and even smaller ones.

My second Rhydon got Rock Smash and Earthquake. My first had Megahorn.
I don't want to wait for a third one so I will power up this one I guess.

Oxx

The potential Charmander nest in London only yielded one Charmander while I was there.

That's still a pretty good haul compared to an average day.

My caught stats are so skewed, ha.

Bulbasaur - 11
Charmander - 6
Squirtle - 60

Top Bottom